45rpm

absolut

theres nothing for sale on that site for about 5 months..

i am not buying anything at those marked up prices, unless i am at the store and could try 'em on. Other than some nando nando and sorahiko slim jeans which i bought when i was in the city last year, all the other shits were from japan.

They have now stretched out nicely. I would like to purchase more from this brand but am unsure which other models to get. Which do people consider to be the very best 45rpm jeans? Also could someone provide me with all of the current models that they sell.

I usually live over in Superjetset but wanted to diversify a bit. Here are my overdyed blue-black Sorohikos purchased from the Mercer Street store in 2005. These jeans are stubborn as hell and take a while to get any fade whatsoever. I wear denim only on the weekends mostly and am shuttling between these and some Denim Junkie DJ-501XX.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

^^^ they are stubborn aren't they? and they don't produce the same fading as jap repro jeans. sort of like even fading with very minimal creasing and honeycomb. a bit frustrating actually.

are you are talking about the sumis or the regular sorahikos? i have had quite the opposite experience with my sorahikos. i don't find them stubborn at all, and my whiskering and honeycombs are pretty well defined. but i definitely agree that they fade quite a bit different than other repros. i know they aren't sanforized but they almost fade more like sanforized denim. i can't really explain it other than that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyway handled/seen these in person yet?

They are a new style for S/S 08 and from what I could make out from the catalog look very on point.

Anyone know if the also come one-wash?

Hard to make out on this pic but the back of the legs appear to be two pieces as there is a line at the back of the knee.

2528125980_8ffe01b140_o.jpg

(excuse the catalog pic)

Can anyone fill me in on the 45RPM policy for repairs? My sorahikos are looking like they need a crotch repair pretty soon. I purchased them from someone on here, not in NYC...is this gonna be a problem with sending in for repairs/getting them hemmed slightly?

no need for a reciept of anything. just contact them ahead of time and send a note with the jeans when you send them in. they need a cc # for the return shipping charge.

Is there a sizing consensus on the recut Sorahikos? I know conventional wisdom is to size down one, but I have also heard that the recut Sorahikos are baggier than the old ones. Does this mean that I should size down two?

Visited the 45 rpm soho branch for the first time. I was expecting a museum of jeans, but was quite disappointed with the 1 small table of display. The sales girl was probably irritated when I left with nothing after making her explain every single detail that's goes into making this $700 pair of jeans.