Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

When people say go true to size on these, do they mean true to the actual waist size or true to the tagged size?

On both BiG and SE, the waist seems to measure once inch bigger than tagged.

I wear a 32 in APC NS's and a 34 in Samurain 710's....wondering if I should go 33 or 34 in these.

i wear a 25 apc and a size 27 on nudie and pretty much most other jeans and i went with a size 26 skull 5010. pretty tight at first.. took a few hours to get the top button done but im sure after some heavy wear they will be perfect. so sizing down worked fine for me. ill post fit pics as soon as i get my camera back from my parents house

Thanks for the opinions guys. It's probably my thighs I'm worries about most - not my waist. For example my new standards in a 32 I could go smaller in the waist still (it's stretched to 36), but no slimmer in the thigh area. Thinking a 34 might be best in these for this reason.

I know these stretch out a bit,. but more specifically, do they stretch much in the thigh area?

Gmas: I am the same as you in APC NS, I wear a 32, could go smaller in the waist, but not the thighs... I had a pair of 5507xx in a 32, and ended up giving them to my cousin because the thighs didn't stretch enough. I tried on 33's at Self Edge and went with the 32 because I thought they would stretch out more. Long story short, it didn't happen. I can't say anything for the 5010xx, but if you're looking at the 5507xx and you have decent sized thighs, I wouldn't recommend sizing down at all. (I still am waiting to get another pair of 5507xx)...

Thanks for the opinions guys. It's probably my thighs I'm worries about most - not my waist. For example my new standards in a 32 I could go smaller in the waist still (it's stretched to 36), but no slimmer in the thigh area. Thinking a 34 might be best in these for this reason.

I know these stretch out a bit,. but more specifically, do they stretch much in the thigh area?

if that's the case, then I'd definitely go with the 34... I'm a 31 in New Standards and a got a 33 in the 5010's and the thighs are the area where it's the most snug...

...i've worn mine on and off for the better part of a year and a half, and the thighs have stretched a tad...

Haha, totaly did not answer his question.

Anyway man, in my experience with jeans(I've had 3 pairs) they all stretch according to what you do in them.

My PBJs and my SuFuxSExDBs stretched about half an inch in the thighs, but after I biked in them they stretched about another half inch.

Depends on what you do in them man.

Thanks guys - really appreciate the quick, helpful responses. Looks like 34 might be the size - especially since the 5010's are a little slimmer than the 5507's. My NS's are already about 12.75 inches in the thigh, and the 34's in 5010's are a little less at about 12.5.....the 33's would be that much slimmer...probably a no-go.

Haha, totaly did not answer his question.

Anyway man, in my experience with jeans(I've had 3 pairs) they all stretch according to what you do in them.

My PBJs and my SuFuxSExDBs stretched about half an inch in the thighs, but after I biked in them they stretched about another half inch.

Depends on what you do in them man.

I gotcha. I was just shootin for a ballpark estimate because I seem to recall someone saying skulls don't stretch as much as other jeans.

I'm about to start working on a second pair of 5010 raw. I can't decide if I should do a cold soak to get rid of some starchiness or wear them stiff. What do you people think?

Also, now I kinda regret getting another pair of cross stitching instead of putting in the effort to get a red tab pair. dammit! oh well...i might remove the cross stitching with a seam ripper.

I'm about to start working on a second pair of 5010 raw. I can't decide if I should do a cold soak to get rid of some starchiness or wear them stiff. What do you people think?

Also, now I kinda regret getting another pair of cross stitching instead of putting in the effort to get a red tab pair. dammit! oh well...i might remove the cross stitching with a seam ripper.

Yo if it's raw I suggest you soak it. Get all the shrinkage out, and maybe wear it a bit just as it's about to dry cuz skulls tend to be tight.

But I mean yo it's a pair of jeans.

From BiG's website:

6x6 model (The thickness of threads and yarns are measured in numbers, #0 being the thickest and decreasing in size with a higher number. Therefore 6x6 indicates this model uses #6 indigo warp threads and #6 ecru weft yarn and is heavier in weight and darker in color than the 7x6 model which uses #7 warp threads and #6 weft yarns for a lighter weight and lighter color denim).