Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

what's your true waist? i have a size 32"-33" true waist and i wear about a 29 in diors (i wish i sized up for a looser fit on the thighs), and i have a size 31" skull 5010xx 6x6 one-wash. also the skull jeans aren't sanforized they've just been washed once to take care of the shrinking that would happen if you would give them a soak and dry.

i have a true waist of 33-34'', but i usually slouch my jeans so i guess that's how my size 31 diors stretched to 35''. i too wish i went with a size up on the diors so i had a looser fit in the thighs. why'd you decide to go for the one wash instead of the raws?

hey, sorry for another sizing question, but do most people sag their 5010s? i wear a size 31 dior 19cm and they've stretched out from 33 to a 35 on my hips... what size should i get for 5010 raw? how about the one wash? i know both are sanfordized so that means minimal shrinking right? only mostly shrinking on the length? thanks for the help!

the 5010xx look good sagged or worn on/above the hips, i guess it depends on your figure. the cut has been compared to dior 19cm, but you will want to size them different. i'd say for a similar fit, size up 2 from that (31 to 33.)

edit just read your post above... 33 raw sounds just right for you based on measurements... the thigh is still going to be slim like your diors though. here's a picture of my RUMP for reference. i sized down one from my waist and they are very slim.

waywt2xd8.jpg

a 29 in Skulls 5010xx requires some stretching and wearing and tearing and fighting with buttons for the fit. And they still hug my ass for the most part. Good thing I have a nice ass.

a 29 in Dior 19cms MIJ are pulled up and clasped with no problem at all. They'll definite look sagged once they stretch out on me.

5010s are super slim straight leg, not a crazy taper at all, they're just slim... Diors have that taper. If you want to sag, you definitely, definitely need to size up.

Those look great...excellent fit.

What's your height/weight?

I'm about 6' / 145, and I usually wear a 29 or so, so didn't really downsize at all, though the way they've stretched, there's a little bit of play in the waist.

I'm about 6' / 145, and I usually wear a 29 or so, so didn't really downsize at all, though the way they've stretched, there's a little bit of play in the waist.

Good to know. I'm almost exactly the same height/weight as you but my 28s are too small in the bollocks for me. I'm going to order a 29 and hopefully the fit on me is the same as what you show!

sorry for being a total newb...but after lurking around sufu i bought a pair of skull lindas one-wash from BiG. they are honestly a nice pair of jeans...even better if they were full selvage. anyway, my question is this...do the lindas come in raw instead of one-wash? and i've read some guy's post before about his gf getting a pair in black -- where can i find some? the only ones i've seen online so far are the ones i have in indigo. thanks in advance :) !

sorry for being a total newb...but after lurking around sufu i bought a pair of skull lindas one-wash from BiG. they are honestly a nice pair of jeans...even better if they were full selvage. anyway, my question is this...do the lindas come in raw instead of one-wash? and i've read some guy's post before about his gf getting a pair in black -- where can i find some? the only ones i've seen online so far are the ones i have in indigo. thanks in advance :) !

yes, it is available in raw.

for non-indigo, check with self edge. i'm pretty sure i've seen black or dark grey lindas there before.

will, those look awesome. have the seams in the crotch area of the pants experienced any blowing out?

Yeah - a little bit - I'll try to take a closeup if I get a chance. I had a tailor repair the stitching in the crotch before it really came out, and had to repair the stitching around the front pockets and the patch on the back.

No holes yet (knock wood), except the one in the back pocket from this big button on my wallet, but I think I'm going to get one on the butt pretty soon from bike riding. My gf's, which are a tiny bit older than mine (see the Evolution thread right after mine) got a little hole already.

Skull 5010xx size 29 after about 8 months.

skull_front_8m.jpg

More pics / info in the Evolution... thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=835818

awesome... when was the wash and how did you wash them? i'm doing the 5010xx contest right now and i'm about 3.5 months in with just a soak so far at around 2 months to get rid of smells.

awesome... when was the wash and how did you wash them? i'm doing the 5010xx contest right now and i'm about 3.5 months in with just a soak so far at around 2 months to get rid of smells.

The first real wash was last weekend; I'm trying not to be too overly precious about them, so I just washed them at the laundrymat in a regular top-loading washing machine w/ 2 other pairs of jeans (gentle cycle, warm wash, cold rinse, I believe), and some Dr. Bronners "Sal Suds" soap. I've given them a couple of warmish soaks without any soap before - once a few days after getting them (at the suggestion of Self Edge), nothing for a while after that, and then one or two times later when they got too gross.

Warmish soak, after a little bit (10/23, 9 AMish)... this is after about 6 months of wear probably. Yes, those are little spots of grease floating in the water already.

soak_9_am.jpg

Same jeans a bit after 10:

soak_10_am.jpg

Trying to break in a pair of raw indigo 5010XX 6x6, sz 30. Had them for a few months sitting in the closet and only decided to take them out last weekend. Quite a few pairs in rotation now so I thought I'd never have much chance to wear them. Anyways, here's the fit.

skullsfit.jpg

What do you guys think - hem or not to hem? The inseam is the original length.

I am too tall to worry about stacking, but just wondering what do you guys do inside? I always take my shoes off when at my parent's house, or change to slide sandals when in my dorm room.

Do you guys just let it tangle around the bottom of your foot? wear shoes indoors? Some other solution?

I am too tall to worry about stacking, but just wondering what do you guys do inside? I always take my shoes off when at my parent's house, or change to slide sandals when in my dorm room.

If I don't feel like having the jeans underfoot, sometimes I'll do a quick single cuff, just to get them out of the way. I've never found that to take too much time (and half the time I have one leg rolled up for bike riding anyway).