Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Yeh, I'm skinny as hell. I think it'll come out as a nice fit though cause I'm not looking for anything skin tight, I just want it to fit the waist.

Yea I love the fit. It's only going to get better when that waste stretches out. Your going to have a slim but not tight, really good looking pair of jeans.

blah trite-

those dont look big at all on you. if you didnt say that you could barely button it, it would have seemed like you could even have sized down.

jackboot-

the ballsack division problem (thanks for the great image btw) can be fixed by pulling the seat down an inch or two. this was possible for me after a few hours, though there is still some crotch bulge.

captain-

thanks for the advice, i sure hope youre right, cuz as of right now, i'm short one pair of ok-to-show-in-public jeans :(

blah trite-

those dont look big at all on you. if you didnt say that you could barely button it, it would have seemed like you could even have sized down.

I haven't soaked them yet so I figure they still have another inch of shrinkage left in the waist (an inch I can't afford).

If I wear them during the soak that'll keep them from shrinking, yes?

you guys shouldn't worry too much about shrinkage. keep in mind skulls are all sanforized and all of the shrinking is very minimal (they go back to their raw unstretched state if anything.) the inseam will shrink between 1 and 2 inches though, but can be stretched back out.

you guys shouldn't worry too much about shrinkage. keep in mind skulls are all sanforized and all of the shrinking is very minimal (they go back to their raw unstretched state if anything.) the inseam will shrink between 1 and 2 inches though, but can be stretched back out.
This is something that worries me once the time comes for me to wash. I had my jeans hemmed and really regret it. How would you stretch out the inseam?

jackboot-

the ballsack division problem (thanks for the great image btw) can be fixed by pulling the seat down an inch or two. this was possible for me after a few hours, though there is still some crotch bulge.

yeah sorry for the mental picture :o I can't pull the seat down yet - that's the point I'm hoping they get to. Right now I can only wear them pulled all the way up. Thanks for the advice.

This is something that worries me once the time comes for me to wash. I had my jeans hemmed and really regret it. How would you stretch out the inseam?

the gist of it is, you button the jeans and hold the waistband with a hand/support and use your other hand to pull at the hem, as if you were trying to pull the pant leg off while they are wet just after a soak or wash. i just do it by hand, but feel free to get creative. also keep in mind that it's pretty unlikely that you'll get it to stretch past its raw measurement (maybe an inch?) doing this is just to keep the inseam at a similar length to what it was prior to shrinking

Some grey 5010XX I picked up from Hollaforadolla in Supermarket. I'm 5'6" 110lbs, they're size 28.

Nice jeans! I was gonna pick those up but you got them first... so I purchased from Self Edge instead.. they should be coming in soon.

I'm a bit worried at what Kiya said about the waist measuring 26(?) But from Holla's measurements, they're about ~29. These are one wash right?

Anyways, they look great, I hope I can fit them at ~5'5" 122lbs...

the gist of it is, you button the jeans and hold the waistband with a hand/support and use your other hand to pull at the hem, as if you were trying to pull the pant leg off while they are wet just after a soak or wash. i just do it by hand, but feel free to get creative. also keep in mind that it's pretty unlikely that you'll get it to stretch past its raw measurement (maybe an inch?) doing this is just to keep the inseam at a similar length to what it was prior to shrinking
ha that's pretty much what i had in mind when thinking of stretching out the inseam too. thanks for the clarification.

can someone explain this soaking thing?

Yes, please someone! expain it to us, so next time I will answer these questions to those newbies! Do we have to soak the jeans before wearing them? or do we wear them straight for a whole year and wash/soak them then?

I tried searching for these before but couldnt find it:p

Yes, please someone! expain it to us, so next time I will answer these questions to those newbies! Do we have to soak the jeans before wearing them? or do we wear them straight for a whole year and wash/soak them then?

I tried searching for these before but couldnt find it:p

I think it's in the encyclopedia, but here are some cliff's notes:

Soaking is done prior to first wearing Raw Unsanforized jeans so that most of the shrinking is done prior to getting any "wear" on them. Otherwise, you get nice wear, and then your jeans shrink, and the wear will no longer be where it should be, make sense?

You don't neccessarily need to soak sanforized jeans because sanforization prevents shrinking to an extent, that way you can wear them with out soaking them. Some people also soak sanforized jeans just to be sure.

One wash jeans don't need to be soaked because they have already been "one-washed" which is basically soaking.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You should be fine, after stretching. If I buy another pair of Skulls, it'll be size 27.

So I put on the 28 grey skulls, and boy were they tight. Unless they stretch out quite significantly, I don't know if I can hang.. I was able to button all the buttons up first try with some smashing. Other than that, I LOVE the color/cut/fit/construction.

Anyone want to trade for a size 29?

This is the only time I ever feel fat.

I think it's in the encyclopedia, but here are some cliff's notes:

Soaking is done prior to first wearing Raw Unsanforized jeans so that most of the shrinking is done prior to getting any "wear" on them. Otherwise, you get nice wear, and then your jeans shrink, and the wear will no longer be where it should be, make sense?

You don't neccessarily need to soak sanforized jeans because sanforization prevents shrinking to an extent, that way you can wear them with out soaking them. Some people also soak sanforized jeans just to be sure.

One wash jeans don't need to be soaked because they have already been "one-washed" which is basically soaking.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So how do you actually tell the difference between sanforized and raw unsanforized jeans?

And by soaking, is it cold soak or warm? do we need any detergents etc?

Thanks for the info. +rep

haha, i lurk on and off when im ready to buy a pair of jeans.

5010 blacks...sanforized or not?

All Skull jeans are sanforized.