Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Doh. Just read that you got a 30W and I got a 29W so I'm guessing that they'll still be baggier on you than me since you're also thinner than I am. Still, hot soak the hell out of it and then post up pics. BTW, throw it in the dryer if you have it. It won't kill the jean, contrary to popular belief.

Joining in on the people that are 5"8 skull discussion; I also wear a size 30 and I'm about 145-150 lbs.

The fit looks good. You're about the same as me in terms of build (i'm just under 5'8" and 147 lbs) and I also posted my sz30 5010xx in page 148. Did you do a soak on your raws yet? Are you planning to?

Also, for you guys here, those that got the raw version did you do a soak? and did it shrink any? I am still deciding if I should/need to.

Thanks in advance.

I've worn my skulls twice now and the waist was tight at but fits ok now and the rest of the jeans is snug and I really like the fit, thats why I am not sure about soaking......

I've heard that even they are sanforised, will they will still shrink a little? Also will there be an issue if I soak later, and if they do shrink, that the fades and wear lines will get somewhat weird and displaced?

again, thanks in advance.

The previous owner of my skulls did a warm soak for a couple hours, and he said that he didn't really notice any shrinking. He only wore them to try them on so there wasn't any prior stretching.

I originally had a pair of 29 skulls, and I couldn't even button the 3rd or 4th buttons, and the soaked 30 skulls fit me fine (although the waist is a bit tight) so I would say that the waist shrinking isn't too much.

heynice and alex, both of your guys fits look pretty good. i know my stacking looks way more extreme than yours, heynice. i am going to try and take some better pictures tomorrow. i really like the fit, so we will see what happens. ninja your jeans look good as well. alex what length did you have them hemmed to?

heynice and alex, both of your guys fits look pretty good. i know my stacking looks way more extreme than yours, heynice. i am going to try and take some better pictures tomorrow. i really like the fit, so we will see what happens. ninja your jeans look good as well. alex what length did you have them hemmed to?

hi, mine are hemmed to 32inches, i would like to stack them but my calfs are too big and i am too short so i cant stack them

Hi Folks

I finally decided to give my Skulls 5010xx 6x6 raws a 1st hot soak. The temperature was fairly hot, the tub was half filled first with hot water from the tap and the other half from a near boiling kettle.

Here's some pics to share:

Left the waistband out and pre-soak measurements

DSC_0289.jpg

The soaking begins

DSC_0319.jpg

3 hours later

DSC_0321.jpg

Drying off excess water

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

The dry, unsoaked waist portion vs the rest

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

I think it turned out pretty well - there was little indigo loss and overall shrinkage was minimal. Just taken some post soak measurements after some 9 hours of hang drying and only the inseam shrunk from original 37" to just under 36". I had left the waistband out so that I could still get into the jeans comfortably, which I am glad I did. Just tried them on too and although the post soak measurements reveal no shrinkage, they do feel slightly more snug, its probably due to the stiffness from hang drying and they should stretch out in no time I hope. I may take some fit pics for comparison tomorrow in better light.

The fit looks good. You're about the same as me in terms of build (i'm just under 5'8" and 147 lbs) and I also posted my sz30 5010xx in page 148. Did you do a soak on your raws yet? Are you planning to?

Also, for you guys here, those that got the raw version did you do a soak? and did it shrink any? I am still deciding if I should/need to.

Thanks in advance.

hate you both, im 5'8, 150 lbs, but i take sz 33

skull 5010xx vs. APC NC?

is there a comparison out there?

A visual one? I have some pics of some (new) New Standards. To me, the New Cures (even if I try on a 28 or 29 -- I got a 26 in the NS) are a very tight leg, whereas the Skulls are just kind of a slim cut. I think if I sized down, the New Cures would practically be skin tight. I tried the Somet slim cut jeans (the tapered leg ones) today at BiG, and to me, those are closer to the New Cures than the Skulls.

My girlfriend got the New Cures (some pics in the Raw for Women thread I think), and they look great on her. But for me, I think they're a little *too* fitted, and I'm a fairly skinny guy.

skull 5010xx vs. APC NC?

is there a comparison out there?

A visual one? I have some pics of some (new) New Standards. To me, the New Cures (even if I try on a 28 or 29 -- I got a 26 in the NS) are a very tight leg, whereas the Skulls are just kind of a slim cut. I think if I sized down, the New Cures would practically be skin tight. I tried the Somet slim cut jeans (the tapered leg ones) today at BiG, and to me, those are closer to the New Cures than the Skulls.

My girlfriend got the New Cures (some pics in the Raw for Women thread I think), and they look great on her. But for me, I think they're a little *too* fitted, and I'm a fairly skinny guy.