Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

there are a few factors to the skull situation. i feel you when you say don't be a pussy and get the raw ones, and i understand the availability of the one wash skulls and how easy it would be for me. however, the length is fucking with me. maybe i got sent the wrong ones, which i will investigate. so, if i get the raw skull jeans, should i get a sz 31 instead of a sz 32? get at me people.

Too long, or too short? If they are too long, they still make them with the normal inseams by request.

I would get the raw.... it's all personal preference though, i like the darkness and stiffness of the raw

Just based at looking at Edmond's pictures of his raw 6x6 and comparing it to my one wash, I'd actually say the one wash are darker. But the raw are of course much stiffer, which I know some people really like.

I think it depends on what size you need. My size 30 5010 6x6s measure around a 10.8 in the thigh, and I think the eternal 811 30 measures an 11. But I guess the 811 thigh measurement is the same for the 28, 29, and 30, so if you're a 28 or 29 things are going to be a lot tigher in skulls. And if you're bigger than that I don't know how it'll fit.

I think it depends on what size you need. My size 30 5010 6x6s measure around a 10.8 in the thigh, and I think the eternal 811 30 measures an 11. But I guess the 811 thigh measurement is the same for the 28, 29, and 30, so if you're a 28 or 29 things are going to be a lot tigher in skulls. And if you're bigger than that I don't know how it'll fit.

I am a size 30 too. So are you saying you don't notice much of a difference in the thigh between the two pairs? .2 inches would be fine. Are your 6x6's one-wash too?

I am a size 30 too. So are you saying you don't notice much of a difference in the thigh between the two pairs? .2 inches would be fine. Are your 6x6's one-wash too?

They're one wash. I'd suggest measuring your 811s and comparing that to fabfour's chart: http://www.fabfour.co.jp/pdf/HowToMeasure5010xx66L.pdf

I find that my pair is pretty spot on as far as the chart goes (and make sure you take into account that their waist measurement is circumference).

Guest tehlol

hey all. i'm in the process of ordering a pair of ebony johnys. does anyone have any experience with them? shinichi said for my waist (76.5cm) i could fit into a 30 which is supposed to be a measure 75.5cm. the next size up measures 78.0cm. what do you guys recommend? any recommendations? i would like a nice slim fitting jean, so let me have it!

edit: shinichi said that they would stretch a little bit, but would be uncomfortable for a little while if i go with the 30s.

I don't know about the 'x' stitch, but Shinichi has been more than gracious with SF people in the past, so it can't hurt to ask. As for the chainstitching, I believe they'll do it for a small extra fee. Someone earlier in the thread had it done, iirc.

I just received my pair of 5507XX today - arrived in 4 days to the UK, nice! I'd post fit pics but my camera was stolen last week. I'm very happy with them - probably the slimmest jeans I have owned in my life actually. I'm not really skinny so I don't think I could've pulled off the 5010XX without looking suspect, these are perfect for me though (I have size 34, I'm 6'5" and weigh 190lbs). The colour of the denim is very rich, much fuller (for want of a better word) than my LVC 37's, I really like it.

I too can vouch for Shinichi - probably the most helpful contact I've ever dealt with when shopping online - I'll definately order from him again in the future.. (in fact, I'm already waiting for another package containing some jeans for my girlfriend!)

So yeah... buy some Skulls.

percy - post some pics of your fit!

I'd happily do that if I still had my camera... Fucking thieving little shits.... !

I'll try and use my girlfriend's camera sometime this week, if I can find a way of justifying why I'm photographing my arse to show to a predominantly male internet forum! Haha.. Maybe when her Skulls arrive I can take a his 'n' hers picture, that'd be nice I think.