Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

ok, well i got a levis tab out of an old pair of levis, then i cut out the white tread so it was a blank red-tab, and finally i panted with a needle "Skull" on it.

Whoa, craft skills or what! Fully deserving of a +rep! (I'll call a mate from lev'i's, he will love this!)

I've been looking through the thread but couldnt find a definitive answer.

I just got a pair of 5010xx's and they fit in the waist, but are skin tight on my thighs. (thx squats) Can I expect the thighs to stretch enough that they won't be skintight anymore? I dont know if I should size up in these because they currently are perfect in the waist.

So I'm fucked, pretty much?

how about posting a pic of your fit, so the guys here can comment..

the denim is pretty rigid and i think they can get really uncomfortable if worn too skin tight or worn long enough for the thighs to stretch out. Anyway i don't think they will stretch out that much.

how about posting a pic of your fit, so the guys here can comment..

the denim is pretty rigid and i think they can get really uncomfortable if worn too skin tight or worn long enough for the thighs to stretch out. Anyway i don't think they will stretch out that much.

I'm not gonna bother with a pic, they are just too uncomfortable in the thighs to deal with if they wont stretch.

I'm gonna put them up for sale or accept a trade for anything else in size 32-33 that isn't slim fitting I guess

I've been looking through the thread but couldnt find a definitive answer.

I just got a pair of 5010xx's and they fit in the waist, but are skin tight on my thighs. (thx squats) Can I expect the thighs to stretch enough that they won't be skintight anymore? I dont know if I should size up in these because they currently are perfect in the waist.

It took a while but my black 5010xx stretched out nicely in the thighs and top box. About 6 weeks+ of wear time... riding my bike in them too. However, the fit now is perfect.

It took a while but my black 5010xx stretched out nicely in the thighs and top box. About 6 weeks+ of wear time... riding my bike in them too. However, the fit now is perfect.

ditto that--I am at about the same point with mine (and lots of biking as well), and while the thighs were pretty tight, they have relaxed a bit along with the top block. still fitting fine, just a little more comfortable.

dreadite, maybe take a look and see if it looks like the crotch--as opposed to the thighs--is getting rocked too hard the way they are fitting you now. thighs can stretch a bit, but the gooch is less forgiving!

Skulls 6x6 5010xx, soaked twice and washed one. About 13 months of wear. Took this with a point and shoot, so the color is a little off. They're a bit darker in real life.

iGIT I demand a supermeetup next time I'm in San Jose man.

Is it wrong for me to want to meet somebody based off their good taste in denim and their ability to make it fade?

Yes. It is. :D

Thanks for the +rep everyone!

iGIT I demand a supermeetup next time I'm in San Jose man.

Is it wrong for me to want to meet somebody based off their good taste in denim and their ability to make it fade?

Yes. It is. :D

sufu meetup!

I know that the general rule with 5010 indigo no-wash is go true to size.

but what are people's experiences with sizing down one in them? (pics would be helpful too)

Marshall sized down on his skulls i believe. Prepare for bruised hips for about a month.

...i sized down on mine... usually wear 34's but got the 5010's in a 33... a little snug at first, but they stretched out over time... been wearing them now for about a year and a half (on and off)... my favorite jeans for sure...

...although i may be bringing them in for a little crotch reinforcement soon...

Most people go true to size on these, right? But, they are sanforized and vanity sized, so after stretching they will be 2+ above the tagged size. Wouldn't sizing down 1 work out much better in the end?

Also, BiG and selfedge are out of my size (32) in the 5010. Where else (online because I live in New York) can I purchase them for a similar price?

you also need to take into consideration the thighs and the seat on these. that's why most people say go true to size, even though the waist is "vanity sized". also take into account that they'll be worn around the hips or slightly above because of the rise.

i'd say.. if you're skinny all around, then sizing down one is okay.

would you consider ordering from japan?

I think I'll go true to size because I don't really want a 'skinny' fit. I would definitely consider ordering from japan, but don't want to waste too much on shipping and customs.

well i'm getting a pair from japan for 22,122 yen (shipping included) which comes out to be like 220USD. they also agreed to mark as gift.

i live in canada though. not sure if that'll make a difference. for one, i'll be able to keep the red tab.

go to rakuten and look around. it's a bit confusing, but if you just go to each store's website and email them, then you can get serviced that way for some stores.