Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Oh god. Time to newb it up.

Ok, before I get negrepped to shit, I checked 10+ pages back and I'm afraid since no-one can come to a consensus on sizing I'm going to have to ask.

I'm getting a pair of 5010 1-wash greys. My concerns are: Waist size, I'm getting people saying true waist is WAY too tight (the pic a few pages back) others think it's good. I'm a true 31.5, I was thinking of getting the 32. Good call?

Taper: I find my dior 19cm raws (32 waist) are great at the top, but taper a little too much for my liking. Advice from others have indicated that the taper is closer to the 21cms, which I'm ok with, but I'd like another opinion.

what does "true 32" even mean, do you know that?

a 32 will be too small for you.

things to consider;

what waist actually means

hips, where you wear your jeans

rise

I'll let you figure it out for yourself. There are measurements on fabfour.

things to consider;

rise

Since he's probably confused out of his mind this is what I would recommend him do:

1. Find out what his true waist size is where he is going to actually wear the jeans (this is probably below normal waist due to the low rise of the jeans.

2. Use Shinichi's measurement chart to find the size that corresponds to this waist size after the one-wash, and choose a smaller size to account for stretch.

3. ...That's it, I guess.

Got my 31 5010xx raw stretch blacks the other day. For ref, I'm a 29 in New Cures and Dior, 31 in April 77, and the 31s in these fit just about perfect. Great experience ordering off fabfour too.

i demand pics.

Since he's probably confused out of his mind this is what I would recommend him do:

1. Find out what his true waist size is where he is going to actually wear the jeans (this is probably below normal waist due to the low rise of the jeans.

2. Use Shinichi's measurement chart to find the size that corresponds to this waist size after the one-wash, and choose a smaller size to account for stretch.

3. ...That's it, I guess.

What is the true waist size then? If I measure myself from where I keep my jeans (I sag them a little bit) it's 32". I always wear size 29 or 30 and I don't "size down 2". Or do I? I would measure from where the jeans normally are worn (just below navel) and that's more like it (I'm 30" says my tape measure), so my true size is 30?

...In correspondence with Shinichi at the moment and all his help has been great. Just on thing before I commit (for any wearers of JR)...I wear a 32 in Julian Red cali's and am planning a 32 in the 5010xx raw, do you think this will be ok or should I size up to a 33...Also planning on purchasing the skull pub jacket, that piece looks well sick and with a cosh pocket to boot, anybody own one of these(jacket not cosh as we all know sufu members like their weapons)...

things to consider;

rise

I'm aware of the measurements, but I'm getting wildly different accounts from the pictures posted here.

True waist is: measurement across the point where you wear your jeans, +.5in for comfort. Usually I buy one size down from true waist to account for stretching. I've never had to ask a question like this because I'm usually confident in my measurements vs. listed measurements, but this thread has thrown some doubt into the mix.

I just read through most of the thread and I'm confused about whether or not the 5010xx Raw are sanforized or not. Some of you are saying they are but someone posted an e-mail from Shinichi saying that it will shrink. Also on the SelfEdge site it says to expect some shrinkage. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks.