Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

How long did you wear your Ooe's until you washed?

Just wash whenever you feel like it.... no rules.... ryo and hiro wash their garmets every 1-2 weeks....

Just looking into customization but is the 01xx the closet thing to say a '55 cut? The site states its 40-50's but I think it may be more of a '47 cut.

definitely not a 47s cut....

the 01xx is much wider in the seat..... i think it's closer to a 50s cut.. or even the 30s...

definitely not a 47s cut....

the 01xx is much wider in the seat..... i think it's closer to a 50s cut.. or even the 30s...

Depends on whose 47 cut... Definitely more fitted in the seat than sugarcane's 47 cut. WAY more fitted than a 30's cut. I'd agree that it is a bit more 50's, but the legs don't really have any taper at all; pretty straight. Also, the 01xx doesn't have much hipflare (if sized appropriately), so in that sense, resembles a 47 a little more than most 55 style repros.

arcarsenal - Goat leather patch looks great. How does it look after wash/soak?

Here's a pic after the soaks and drying. I treated it with a little bit of mink oil around the seams and edges and just rubbed the excess into the patch. Drying hasn't shunk it much yet, but I have yet to give them a proper wash. After the soaks a bit of the indigo bled on to the patch so it's ever so slightly blue. A little of the brown from my cheapo temporary belt bled a bit too, but both colors are not really that noticeable.

I really dig the grain on the patch.

iwzTul.jpg

edit: Here's some ever so subtle blueing as a bonus

JA1TRl.jpg

just received my 4102s -- fail. the measurements are nowhere near what they should be, according to Ooe's chart.

size 37: waist should measure 37" but is actually 36"/ upper thigh should measure a touch over 14", but is actually 13.5"

to suggest that i'm disappointed wouldn't even come close.

but, good news for all of you: they are obviously going to be put up for sale. i'll post them within the next few days, so pm me if you're interested. i'll be looking for $280 shipped (cost me $308 total.)

nah, pre-soak. they are much smaller than the size chart would have you believe. 1" smaller in the waist, and .5"+ smaller in the upper thigh. no good, and really fucking aggravating. if i were to soak, they would be way too fucking tight. a size 37 should shrink down to 35.1", but i'm guessing that these would go down to 34".

apologies for the language, but its disappointing. on the other hand, the #41 denim is easily the nicest i've ever had my hands on.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Sorry to sound ignorant, so they are too small is that what you are saying?

What size waist are you normally? I've ordered a 37 waist pre-soak also.

yes, too small by an inch in the waist, and 1/2 inch everywhere else. i bought the size 37 because i wanted them to shrink to 35" and then stretch comfortably to 36.5" or so. these will shrink to 34" and be too tight.

just received an email from Ooe -- they told me that the measurements were correct, and that the jeans will shrink down 35. they also told me to wash them and let them know the post-wash measurements. i cant see them shrinking to the size indicated on the size chart, not when they are 1" smaller in the waist and over .5" smaller every where else. suggestions?

Guest I LOVE LFC

Do you fit in them now? The block of wood trick in the waist while soaking is probably the best option? Unless the thighs are a major concern. Or just soak below the knee? Or just don't soak them? If it was me I'd do anything it took to be able to wear them, haha.

too small in the waist, yes. i stretched them though, to about 37". if they're a little snugger than i had expected, so be it. looking at the damned things one cannot help but think that they are fucking cool as shit -- the 41 fabric is great. like sand paper compared to my LVC 44, 47, 55, or 67.

i stretched them and have them soaking now.

pre-soak:

waist 37.5 (this is, of course, after stretching them; they were 36.5 or slightly under out of the box)

front rise 13.5

back rise 17

upper thigh 13.8

hem 8.75

inseam 36

pi$tol -- they weren't extraordinarily tight pre-soak, just smaller than Ooe's chart would indicate. after a little stretching yesterday, i think these will be fine. and again, if they're a little snugger than i had anticipated, that's okay. they're not going to be that tight, just slimmer than what i've been wearing of late.