Rogue Territory Jeans

jedihabitat

@dkatz & seal club sandwich - you guys are awesome, I love reading/hearing about what others are doing in the world. I may have to seriously consider sponsoring some nerds in Africa just to see what you guys are doing. So intrigued!

Dangerous, dangerous words my friend!

Dkatz - sorry about the delay - was off climbing Kili/in Tanzania last week...I didn't manage to pack the denim, but some of the porters were rocking jeans up to 5000m...

Hat's off to you...the development game looks very challenging on the continent. We usually adopt a few peacecorps kids who are living in the villages around the mine and give them a proper meal from time to time. Usually good lads, but express a lot of frustration about getting things off the ground/moving forward. Have you done any work w/ micro finance?

Nice! What did you think of Kili? I've heard, though, that Mt. Kenya's where it's at these days... or the Rwenzori Mountains over in my neck of the woods if you really want the off-the-beaten-path climbing experience.

The development world is an... interesting one. A year and a half doing it on the ground has made me a pretty strong critique of development in general. I understand Peace Corps has its own constellation of bullshit, too.

Two of my projects have been in the general "microfinance" world - one working with a (kind of) microfinance bank on youth financial education and the other on trying to get microentrepreneurs to open and use savings accounts. We're prepping to roll out the end-line survey to evaluate the former project, but the latter MASSIVELY failed (due to the partner's incredible incompetence). It's a pretty frustrating world to try to work in. Nothing like being in place and doing a job out of a desire to improve things, but getting nothing but shit from all sides.

Which is why I'm almost certainly done with development after this gig...

Dangerous, dangerous words my friend!

Awesome words!

Nice! What did you think of Kili? I've heard, though, that Mt. Kenya's where it's at these days... or the Rwenzori Mountains over in my neck of the woods if you really want the off-the-beaten-path climbing experience.

The development world is an... interesting one. A year and a half doing it on the ground has made me a pretty strong critique of development in general. I understand Peace Corps has its own constellation of bullshit, too.

Two of my projects have been in the general "microfinance" world - one working with a (kind of) microfinance bank on youth financial education and the other on trying to get microentrepreneurs to open and use savings accounts. We're prepping to roll out the end-line survey to evaluate the former project, but the latter MASSIVELY failed (due to the partner's incredible incompetence). It's a pretty frustrating world to try to work in. Nothing like being in place and doing a job out of a desire to improve things, but getting nothing but shit from all sides.

Which is why I'm almost certainly done with development after this gig...

Kili was out of hand - just an amazing amazing time; though I think it depends on the route that you do. We opted for Machame which is a lot more scenic (Meru in the background for almost the entire climb), and tents instead of cabins. More of a proper climb, and less of a summit grind. My boss did Mt. Kenya (as well as Kili) and had glowing reports of both...it's a great region to hike/climb in.

re: development in Africa -

http://www.cjr.org/reports/hiding_the_real_africa.php?page=all&print=true

thought you might enjoy the read.

@ Futurian - I don't know if it's a matter of sizing down for the RT Steve's as much as do you like the fit of the Steve's?

I will say the measurements on the Rogue Territory website are accurate and the denim is very much TTS and doesn't stretch too much compared to the denim on Nudie's.

I prefer the Steve's more than the Grim Tim cut personally.

Late to the party but beyond the Cone element, Karl does incredible work. you're talking about small batch made in the US jeans for less than most mid-range made in china stuff.

I'm not one to usually plug my own sales in these threads, but I have a pair of Steves that I purchased a couple of weeks ago that ended up not working out for me. These are awesome jeans and I'm disappointed that I didn't size correctly. They're a tagged size 31 and chainstitch hemmed to a 32" inseam. I know that JackThreads has an estimated delivery date of April 25 (or earlier), but if you're feening for a pair now, you may want to consider taking these off my hands. I'll be taking a loss, but these deserve to be worn.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=267992

Kili was out of hand - just an amazing amazing time; though I think it depends on the route that you do. We opted for Machame which is a lot more scenic (Meru in the background for almost the entire climb), and tents instead of cabins. More of a proper climb, and less of a summit grind. My boss did Mt. Kenya (as well as Kili) and had glowing reports of both...it's a great region to hike/climb in.

re: development in Africa -

http://www.cjr.org/reports/hiding_the_real_africa.php?page=all&print=true

thought you might enjoy the read.

Wow. That article is one of the best encapsulations I've seen of my general sentiment towards development from what I've seen in the past 1.5 years here. Thanks for passing that along - I'll be prescribing it to every person who says "wow that's so great that you're in Africa helping people and saving babies!" without having any idea what the hell I'm actually doing. Thanks for this!

(maybe we should start the "Critical of Development in Africa" thread on superfuture?)

I really want to see Karl get some more attention on here. I've been chatting with him lately and he's one of the most inspired, dedicated people I've talked to in a while. Awesome product and many more exciting things on the horizon for rogue.

I really want to see Karl get some more attention on here. I've been chatting with him lately and he's one of the most inspired, dedicated people I've talked to in a while. Awesome product and many more exciting things on the horizon for rogue.

Thanks dude! I really appreciate the kind words :)

This. Excited for the projects Karl's brewing up. Superior work all the time.

Guest guincho

Here are some fit pictures of my Steve's after one day of wear. They've stretched out and feel great now. Only digital camera I have is a cell phone, so yeah sorry.

2qid93k.jpg

11bj3up.jpg