Imperial Jeans

nairb49

alright so i guess ill try and get the kings then. I'm a 32 waist so should i get a sz 30 since the waist will stretch 1.5", which will get it up to around a 32, or should i go with a 31 in case the waist will be too small after stretching

go for the 31". I own 2 pairs of dukes, the black ones stretched out around 1" and the blue around 1.2".

Fckng beautiful Imps. Look like Dukes. Best i've seen yet.

They're a bitch to fade was this from just regular wear?

About a year of everyday wear. 2 washes, the first at ~7 months and then the second about a week later after I spilled a whole dish of nuoc cham on them.

imp1p.jpg

imp2c.jpg

I posted this up on the small questions thread but I thought you guys might have additional insight being Imperial owners and everything. A friend recently spilled a large peach nestea on my shearers completely soaking my right leg in them with most of the spill being at the thigh. There's no stain no smell and no stickiness so as of right now, nobody can tell there was any accident. They only have about 2 months of wear and are far away from their first wash. Do you guys suggest I wash or just let them be? If I should wash, how should I do it? Machine wash or just soak them?

^ it's probably fine. If it smells then wash it, but otherwise leave it; so I wouldn't worry about it.

Imperial fades are so pretty, love the last few posts. But why is it that those ugly back pocket designs are always still present? No one seems to be able to wear them off.

I personally like the back pockets as far as non-blank back pockets go. You could always take them out by hand if you wanted, but when you wear them they don't think they stand out as much as they seem they would imo.

If i do decide to wash what should I do? Machine wash, cold soak or hot soak? Any suggestions/ tips?

Depend on what do you want your jeans to turn out.

Base on my experience, this Imperial's flagship denim doesn't hold indigo well. and have high indigo loss during wash. I have seen a pair washed by machine in 60oc and turned out very blueish. I kind of love the look of "raw worn" on my dukes which is grey-greenish so I decided to just do 1 hour cold soak them at 9 months and I love the result that they stay almost same as pre-soak.

hope my info helps! :)

^ I have heard that if you don't wash your denim, the sweat and dirt that builds up starts to make the denim weaker and more likely to tear. I was just wondering if the spilled nestea would have a similar effect.

But yeah Ponga, your information helped a lot. You say that when you cold soaked your imperials, they stayed 'almost' same as pre-soak. What changed exactly if you dont mind me asking? Also, how exactly did you cold soak them? Like, did you do it inside out and how cold was your water? And what did you use for a drying process?

^ I have heard that if you don't wash your denim, the sweat and dirt that builds up starts to make the denim weaker and more likely to tear. I was just wondering if the spilled nestea would have a similar effect.

From what I've heard, if you wear your jeans for long periods of time without washing or soaking, your jean's denim gets "looser" simply put. And when denim is soaked or washed, the water causes the denim to tighten back up, getting denser and less prone to rips and tears. That's what I've heard, please correct me if I'm wrong

From what I've heard, if you wear your jeans for long periods of time without washing or soaking, your jean's denim gets "looser" simply put. And when denim is soaked or washed, the water causes the denim to tighten back up, getting denser and less prone to rips and tears. That's what I've heard, please correct me if I'm wrong

I've heard that before but I also heard that if you don't wash, as the sweat and grease accumulate, it breaks down the fabric and the denim becomes weaker as a result and more likely to tear. Not sure whats more accurate.

But yeah Ponga, your information helped a lot. You say that when you cold soaked your imperials, they stayed 'almost' same as pre-soak. What changed exactly if you dont mind me asking? Also, how exactly did you cold soak them? Like, did you do it inside out and how cold was your water? And what did you use for a drying process?

My dukes at 7-9 months are very very stiff as hell, and yes, I think it's because all dirt and sweat and I feel they are likely to break down.

the main different is the soak make them incredible soft and lose their "glittering". My jeans at 9 months are also have some "glittering" like when you wear a wax jeans for long period. (I can't think of the right word to explain it since English is not my native) I think sweat and dirt created a thin "wax" layer... After soak they became more rough, but the color is very same as I can tell, it's no different in color to me.

as I remember, the water should be 20-30 oC, inside out and dried by air-condition room! (lol, it was a rainy day!)