Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Had these dukes for over a year now but I just never get a chance to wear them. Good aussie brand but its actually quite hard to find them nowdays. There was a place called alltheabove in Melbourne that used to stock them but last time I was there they said they werent going to bother anymore. Anyway these are W30, went TTS and took 3inches off the inseam. That 38 Leg is pretty crazy.

Actually, there was a place in edmonton called haven that stocked them too. Thats where i picked up my dukes about 2 summers ago. Anyway, i recently called them to see if they still stocked them and they said they didn't just cuz they didn't sell.

Their website hasn't been updated in some time too. Only place that has em online is selfedge as far as i know.

Sorry I was talking about places in Melbourne Australia. There was only 2 that I was aware of that sell them one being alltheabove and another in the city but they were charging $400AUD where as alltheabove had them for $290. Kind of stupid that nowdays if I wanted to buy them even if they are an Australian brand, Id have to order them from selfedge in the USA.

Hi all,

New to the world of Imperial. Just got a pair of Dukes in 33, (waist size is 34) and found them to be too long.

Is pre-soaking needed for Dukes to shrink the length or should I just let them be and fold the bottoms until I'm ready to wash them? I'd rather not risk having them hemmed..

Sorry I was talking about places in Melbourne Australia. There was only 2 that I was aware of that sell them one being alltheabove and another in the city but they were charging $400AUD where as alltheabove had them for $290. Kind of stupid that nowdays if I wanted to buy them even if they are an Australian brand, Id have to order them from selfedge in the USA.

http://halfsleeve.net/news/ - i think its still 275 aud shipped in aus? its been awhile.

Hi all,

New to the world of Imperial. Just got a pair of Dukes in 33, (waist size is 34) and found them to be too long.

Is pre-soaking needed for Dukes to shrink the length or should I just let them be and fold the bottoms until I'm ready to wash them? I'd rather not risk having them hemmed..

How much extra denim is there? In my case, mine shrunk less than an inch in length. I like stacking or cuffing so i don't mind having them a bit longer. I had mine hemmed to 2 inches longer than my actual size.

Here are my dukes again, size 28 been wearing them all summer. Bike rides, long ass greyhound rides, moving etc. Id say total wear on these are close to 11 months? Didn't keep track. Last time I posted these, I noted a crotch rip about to blow up. Got it repaired and now they are ready for more wear.

4852313722_7c8f43eacc_b.jpg

4851695923_b957bf038b_b.jpg

4852313272_235a5a1110_z.jpg

4851695415_8083b32dd4_z.jpg

4852312946_4e441f7027_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

considering gettin imperial dukes/shearers and im about a 32 - 33 waist, how should i size on them so that the thigh is more loose or like a straight leg? I'm afraid that if i size up so its a little looser, the waist is going to be too big after it stretches. overall i need help in getting a size where the thigh will be loose and which model to get (dukes or shearers)?

i like the dukes leg opening size but i noticed that the shearers have a larger thigh area, but smaller leg opening which i dont like

just go with the measurements. if you want a full cut from imperial you're gunna have to go with the kings but unfortunately they are a slight boot and not straight.

if you size up, yes, the waist will be bigger and so will the thigh. you might be interested in another cut based on what you are posting. (you could always get the leg opening altered, though i'm not a huge fan of that)

considering gettin imperial dukes/shearers and im about a 32 - 33 waist, how should i size on them so that the thigh is more loose or like a straight leg? I'm afraid that if i size up so its a little looser, the waist is going to be too big after it stretches. overall i need help in getting a size where the thigh will be loose and which model to get (dukes or shearers)?

i like the dukes leg opening size but i noticed that the shearers have a larger thigh area, but smaller leg opening which i dont like

go for the kings. i think the thigh would be just nice for you. the dukes, thigh size is quite tight.

fit looks great imo. How'd you size on them? how's the thigh area, is it slim or can you move around in them nicely and get stuff out of your pockets with ease?

thanks. they're a size 30 and that pretty much my regular size. there is quite a bit of room in the thigh area and getting thing out of my pockets is not very difficult. so they arent that slim. they are just tapered at the bottom.

Guest redchris
The only thing I hate about the shearers is the super hi-rise.

Even though you can't really see it with shirt down.

I still wish it's 1-2" down tho...mid rise is good.

Anyone know what the patches are made of? Is it Sheep?

high rise ? wtf mate its 11,5 " I wont wear owt else than 12