Imperial Jeans

nairb49

How does the pronto x Imperial fit compared to Imperial dukes?? Thanks!

prontos are a slim taper. they were made based on the APC new cures (i dont really understand why they would make a jean based on another brands model) the white arcs are also not too pleasing on the eyes

imperial dukes are a straight leg similar to a 501

someone was asking about shearers fit? id say dont be decieved by the pic shown up on selfedge's website. the model mustve sized down a size or so for that kind of fit. shearer's cut isnt for everyone, i bought it and it had considerable room in the thigh/butt. the rise is also very high, the waistband sat just below my belly button. overall, not too flashing cut, but then again, it might suit some better

better off getting a pair of the dukes if you really want a pair of imperials, which is what I should have done in the first place

^ what the heck? how do you say all these false things so confidently?

the pronto x imperial did not look like a new cure, and the guys at pronto said they based it off the petite standard. and basing a pair of jeans on another cut is nothing new. dukes are also NOTHING like a 501 so i have no idea where you're getting your shit from.

lastly i would say kings suit would suit any sort of body type the best naturally, as it is wider than the dukes.

Meego, what are you going on about?

As DoitsuJin said: Pronto collaboration was based off APC PS. Dukes are nothing like the 501 and Shearers are not for everyone true, but then again, they originated from sheep shearing (thus "Shearers"). Taken from Self Edge: "A shearer's most underestimated apparatus, the shearing pants, were perhaps the most important. Mobility was vital in a man handling the sheep while the ability to hold the animal perfectly still between the legs was also critical. Consequently, the shearing pants evolved to allow movement through the crotch while remaining tight from the knee down. Imperial Shearing Pants combine these necessities replicating shearing pants of old, giving the user the style, comfort, and utility needed in the wool sheds..."

Hopefully we all learnt something today. :)

the pronto x imperial did not look like a new cure, and the guys at pronto said they based it off the petite standard. and basing a pair of jeans on another cut is nothing new. dukes are also NOTHING like a 501 so i have no idea where you're getting your shit from.

yeah sorry i stand corrected, the prontos are based off the petite standard. but everything else i said about them pronto collabs is still accurate. theyre still a slim taper, mid/low rise jean

i agree with you that basing a jean off another is nothing new, but for the standards of a collab jean, i think they couldve done something more creative thats all

and as for me saying that the dukes were similar to a 501, that was based off my own experience, cos ive tried on all of the different types of imperials in person. i guess thats open to interpretation and understand that some people might not agree. regardless its still a straight leg jean

hope that clears some things up

Anybody have any luck with the SExI14 indigos? Fading? From looking at them they look like they are made of a different denim than that of most imperials. Am I mistaken?

04 slim

08 slimmer

14 slimmer and skinnier

all depends on your preference really, but they worked from slim to skinny from up down.

hmm. i've owned some nudies and im looking into imperials for the first time, gotta say i love the indigo richness of these jeans and the back design.

how well do these jeans fade and hold creases? i've been reading up and seeing pics and im pretty impressed.

but also i'm wondering how "slim" or "skinny" are you talking about (if you can reference to some nudie cuts)

I would say the Imperial collabs are most like Grim Tims. I have tried on size 32 GT and they fit very similar to the SExI08. SExI14 are even slimmer particularly from the knee down. Thin Finn have an insanely low yoke, nothing like Imperial. If you own Dior, the 4=19 / 8=18.5 / 14=18. I guess the next Imp collab will be a 17.5 cut? ;)

How do the shearers compare to the imperial collabs and or grim tims? I tried on the 14s and they were just to slim for my body type but the shearers seem like they'd work a little better for me. Or even compared to IH 301s?

Thanks

How do the shearers compare to the imperial collabs and or grim tims? I tried on the 14s and they were just to slim for my body type but the shearers seem like they'd work a little better for me. Or even compared to IH 301s?

Thanks

I have the shearers in size 28 and IH 9301s in size 30.

Ive stretched out the shearers out quite a bit they were ball breakingly tight the top block is noticeably longer and very narrow, the thighs are quite large and tapper off a shit load with a really nice small leg opening.

The IH's are my favorite I sized perfectly on them, super comfy I would suggest these over the Imperials. But really just look at the measurements a lot and try not to size down to much.

yea i have the 301s already and i like them a lot. Just always wanted a pair of imperials so was seeing how they would compare. Ill have to try them on next time im in SENY.

Thanks for the info though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
excuse my ignorance and cheap-college-student-with-no-job attitude, but i really like how the SEXI14 look, but imo, they are really expensive, especially for something thats only about 15 oz. what makes the imperials stand out? thanks

Look at it this way. 14s cost about the same as a pair of Diors. Diors are what 14.5 oz at the most. 14s are far more interesting denim to handle. The quality outpaces (or at least on par) with the MIJ Diors. There is far less 14s so you'll be the only person in a 20km radius wearing the same jeans. It's a small company, as well as it is a small shop the 14s are sold at, so help the brothers out. If you like the 19cm cut (even 17.5), then you will straight up love these.