Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Guest roastedchickenwing

what fitting jeans should i get ? i am 5'11 135 pounds. I dont know my measurement so hopefully you guys can make usage of my height & weight . when i say fitting i mean petit, taper fit, etc

thanks!

Random question....what material/color are those Janoski's? I am loving them!

5661575862_1139523097_b.jpg

5576913451_89dc8e7880_b.jpg

Depending on where you look the colorway is either

Black/Black

Distressed leather

Smoke

They were a premium release (meaning they only released in shops and with low quantities).

Good luck finding them, they are amazing, believe it or not I wore them for 7 months straight this winter and they look like that.

Really nice Imps martin although I would have waited longer time before first washing. But they still have a lot more fading potential. Just use them the hard way without any fast washing now

Check out my current Denime project till Sept. 1. 2011:

https://picasaweb.google.com/116118427799433045500/DenimeJeansContestStartFebruary222010?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTApuH-_qLcIQ

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few questions, sorry they're rather standard and mundane but hey I'm just looking for some info and it'd be great to get some feedback!

1) Which Imperials are "skinnier" the Shearers or the SEXI14s?

2) I'm a 30x34 in Nudie Thin Finns so what size should I be looking at with regards to Sheraers or SEXI14s?

3) Whilst I'm going to be going to Australia and the USA next year are there any places in the UK that stock/sell Imperials, I've had a look but with no luck.

The SEXI14 is definitely slimmer in all areas than the Sherer.

I'd say get a size 31 in the SEXI14 if you're a 30 in Nudies.

Ordered my SEXI14s played it safe and went for a size 31 like you said kiya :)

I know this is a horiffically ignorant question to ask but all my other jeans I've just worn dry, but what are my options for soaking for when I get them?

I was thinking about wearing them and then cold soaking them, then wearing them until dry à la old school way... but I'm not too sure and I don't want to mess this up as they're my first "real" pair of raw denim!

Ordered my SEXI14s played it safe and went for a size 31 like you said kiya :)

I know this is a horiffically ignorant question to ask but all my other jeans I've just worn dry, but what are my options for soaking for when I get them?

I was thinking about wearing them and then cold soaking them, then wearing them until dry à la old school way... but I'm not too sure and I don't want to mess this up as they're my first "real" pair of raw denim!

If they have a good amount of room do a 45 minute hot water soak if they don't have that much room do a 10 minute cold water soak.

Ok, great, would there be much benefit in wearing them whilst they soak and until they dry to get the creases to set in a little faster and to help with the fit in general or should I just let them air dry?

By the way, thanks so much for all your help!

Don't try and "create" your creases... That's retarded. But, it will make the denim softer and more form fitting which, in turn, creates better fades I suppose... It's for comfort and fit though man.

I didn't mean that I'd be "creating" creases, I just meant that wearing them from wet until they were dry would lead to the creases setting in faster because the denim would be damp.

it's true that creases will appear faster when you wear them damp. but it will form more creases than "normal" and because the denim is damp and thus very stretchy, you will get major knee bags.

and on top of that, it's fucking uncomfortable

Ok, cheers mate.