Workshirts

gimmegimme

Before the cigarette pack of machine rolled smokes was the tobacco pouch. It was a little oblong cloth bag filled with tobaccy and a drawstring. Dole with one hand and roll with the other (and only one hand otherwise you look like a dude). It would fit that pocket perfectly, and probaly helps date the style.

Look what's up on e-workers:

i1-1.jpg

already ordered, cant wait the next 2 months

I tried to order as i usually do by sending takashi an email and he responded by telling me to fill out the form. But is there a form for overseas buyers? I have always ordered by sending him an email.

^ you should subscribe to his newsletter, each month he started taking order, he'll give the link to the order form through the newsletter

here

http://www.e-workers.net/mailnews/top.htm

I did, but I deleted it, and couldn't find the link to the overseas form. I still can't find it from his site. I don't think there is a way to get there from e-workers.net. Nevertheless, I put my order in and August couldn't come sooner.

Nice shirt.

Does that count as Wabash or is it just called polka dot? He seems to use both terms....

Is the term Wabash just used to describe fabric dyed with the discharge print method or does the cloth need to have a specific pattern as well?

I don't know where the term Wabash came from (other than it is a small railroad town in the states), but I refer to the polka dot as a Stifel polka-dot. I believe wabash refers to the discharge polka dot stripes.

Nevertheless, I put my order in and August couldn't come sooner.

There you go, with your rampant consumerism again. I send Takashi the email asking him to put this shirt into production and you reap the benefits. And post huge photos. Good job this keyboard still works, now it's drenched in my tears.

I did, but I deleted it, and couldn't find the link to the overseas form. I still can't find it from his site. I don't think there is a way to get there from e-workers.net. Nevertheless, I put my order in and August couldn't come sooner.

Click here:

http://e-workers.net/store/2010_06/eia1.htm

Scroll down to the section called "How To Order"...click on "Order Form" button. Fill out form....the end!

Click here:

http://e-workers.net/store/2010_06/eia1.htm

Scroll down to the section called "How To Order"...click on "Order Form" button. Fill out form....the end!

I know that, but, my point is that i don't know if there is a way to get to that page if one goes to www.e-workers.net. It seems like it is only possible to get there from the link you posted, which I believe is a link from the newsletter, which I deleted.

Point is mute though, as I have now placed an order.

There you go, with your rampant consumerism again. I send Takashi the email asking him to put this shirt into production and you reap the benefits. And post huge photos. Good job this keyboard still works, now it's drenched in my tears.

You think your eyes are welling up with tears now? Wait until I get the shirt and post pictures of it on me, with all my coolness and hotness. It's okay you can use those old nasty leepros you keep posting pics of to wipe the tears away.

I think a few people e-bombed him for it...why cry? Just buy!

You can do that, but will one Takashi shirt really fill that void in your soul?

Anyway, we'll revisit this conversation on the roy thread in a few months. We'll see exactly the degree of denim cool you can manage then...

Nah, it won't fill that void. That is why sooner or later I am gonna buy another one with all this spare cash I am swimming in over here. (Yeah right. At the rate money is flying from my bank account with my wedding, I feel like an extra $200 here and there isn't that big of a deal.)

And yeah, if everything goes right. The ROY thread will be filled with globs and globs of coolness, hipness, and of course steez-ness.

edit: And don't call it the "roy" thread. It is the "ROY" thread. Fuckin rookies.

edit: And don't call it the "roy" thread. It is the "ROY" thread. Fuckin rookies.

ah... don't you realise the caps key is the first to go under heavy flooding?

and i look forward to seeing your three-year worn jeans once you've paid for that wedding and the kids' clothes, music lessons and the latest il2 sturmovik game that i definitely won't play on the new mac we've upgraded just for the purpose.

anyway, do you even have any worn-in jeans you can wear with a white tee or will you borrow them from a genuine american worker???

ah... don't you realise the caps key is the first to go under heavy flooding?

and i look forward to seeing your three-year worn jeans once you've paid for that wedding and the kids' clothes, music lessons and the latest il2 sturmovik game that i definitely won't play on the new mac we've upgraded just for the purpose.

anyway, do you even have any worn-in jeans you can wear with a white tee or will you borrow them from a genuine american worker???

Allow me to derail this thread a little further, but are you assuming that you as a writer sitting on your butt typing gets better fades than I, as an engineer? Huh. We might have to settle this one way or another.

Also, here in America we don't borrow stuff from workers, we fucking take it man, just like we stole their pensions and just like we will steal their social security benefits, I will steal their style and most definitely their denim.

polka dot shirt ordered :-)

how many forum members ordered this shirt?

You can put me down as having ordered one, even though I definitely don't need it. I felt a little guilty since I was one of the "charge of the light brigade" calling on him to remake the shirt. I am such a chump.

I'd like to order one, but I don't have the money. My birthday is in August, in case any of you are wondering.

Also, here in America we don't borrow stuff from workers, we fucking take it man, just like we stole their pensions and just like we will steal their social security benefits, I will steal their style and most definitely their denim.

rnrswitch, you crack me up. Could I quote this in my sufu signature?

I don't know where the term Wabash came from (other than it is a small railroad town in the states), but I refer to the polka dot as a Stifel polka-dot. I believe wabash refers to the discharge polka dot stripes.

The term "wabash" describes a dyed textile which has been designed with a discharge print (traditionally pin dotted stripes).

The name comes from Wabash, Indiana where Indians (the Miami tribe) traded their wabash fabrics with the white man.

There is another theory that wabash comes from France but the oldest proof of a similar fabric is found on the base fabric of Indian headdresses from the Shawnee and Miami tribes.