Raw for Women

Becks23

All these stories about the seams ripping makes me wary of trying them lol. Since the exchange rate changed so much from the pound to the dollar it would be a lot of money to pay out. I'm thinking i might like the new SS instead. Luckily i don't have athletic thighs or anything and i normally have an issue with the thighs being too loose and the waist too tight so maybe the PBJs would be good for that? I can' wait to see pics of how yours look^^ :)

Edit - I thought i would add an update of how my S&S are doing, they have had 1 wash, 1 soak and I've worn them about 50 ish times, well i've had them for about 8 months wearing them on and off. I've retired them for a while though as they don't fit me any more the legs stretched out to be huge, even hot soaking didnt help but they have some nice creases and fading is appearing :)

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

^Nice touch with the heart. I love it when people create interesting fades other than a common wallet or iphone fade. Makes me want to broaden my horizens... haha

Question-- how do the SS work on the ass? I feel like the V shaped seem above the butt could look a little odd on some women.... me

Yeah I wanted to make it more personal in the back pocket than a wallet or something as well.

The v shaped yoke actually is quite flattering, I don't find it any less or more flattering than a normal yoke on a pair of jeans, the only thing I find which isn't so flattering is the thickness of the denim, it's extremely thick and has no stretch so it doesn't mold to your body shape, it kinda flattens your butt or looks a bit saggy but I guess it depends what shape you are, for me it flattened my butt loads at first but then when it stretched out it looked saggy so I couldn't win lol but I quite like the v shaped yoke, its unique :)

Lorna, Ah, see I hate when the butt of my denims is saggy. So tragic, honestly the worst. I can see how the v could excentuate the butt though. Hm...

Ladies, I have a thought. I want to start a thread: women's apparel for sale. Simply because of how agonizing it is- rummaging through the supermarket for women's clothes. It's endless and disappointing, unless you can manage to find men's clothes in the right measurements. Anyway, what forum should I put it in? Is it worthy of a sticky on the supermarket?

^Above, I'd say PBJ slims. It seems a suitable starter jean, if she's willing to mold the denim. It might be frustrating otherwise cos from what I understand it takes a couple of weeks to become a comfortable fit. They're one of the least expensive of women's japanese women, so if she doesn't care for them, it's not a total heartache. ($140)

femelle,

Sling & Stones no longer does the V shaped yoke accent due to so many customers not liking it.

Check it out, all the new ones no longer have the accented yoke: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69

^Above, I'd say PBJ slims. It seems a suitable starter jean, if she's willing to mold the denim. It might be frustrating otherwise cos from what I understand it takes a couple of weeks to become a comfortable fit. They're one of the least expensive of women's japanese women, so if she doesn't care for them, it's not a total heartache. ($140)

yeah i forgot to mention that she spends all her money on makeup and not on jeans but 140-200 is good. once i see her ill get her measurements and shit (it'll be a while but ill be back ha)

Okay, your model's butt looks phenomenal in all three of those. If mine looks like that, I want them.

The reason we've blown through three season's worth of these jeans in less than three months is because of how well they fit.

Every single person that puts them on looks great in them from size 24 to 32..

The reason we've blown through three season's worth of these jeans in less than three months is because of how well they fit.

Every single person that puts them on looks great in them from size 24 to 32..

word, so true

X-posted from Iron Heart Thread:

Shot some pictures the other day of my girlfriend's SExIH01s with about a year on them. More than any other jeans I have tried to photograph, it is really difficult to get a shot that even comes close to depicting what these really look like. There is all kinds of subtle variation going on, and the depth of color is fantastic...the last two months or so of watching these progress day in and day out has made me a much larger fan of IHs denim that I previously was.

DSCN1162.jpg

DSCN1158.jpg

DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1163.jpg

And my favorite, the tag hasn't been tanned or treated at all, and it has evolved beautifully

DSCN1165.jpg

I just bought my first pair of raw denim a few weeks ago, and got the PBJ 1069 (slims) in a size 2. I chose the PBJs because they have nice small pockets high up on the butt and don't look manly. I normally wear juniors, usually size 5 long (5'7", 115 lbs) and these were really tight. Even after wearing them hard for two weeks, I still feel restricted in my movements in the upper thighs and crotch. My butt looks mashed in them. The 5% stretch doesn't do much at all, and isn't like what we think of when we think of stretch in jeans.

Also getting leg twist. I thought it was the right leg, but then looking at them off of my body, the left leg actually twists counter-clockwise looking down at it. Also getting the seam split on the outside of the thigh, but not to a damaging extent, just spreading apart ever-so-slightly.

Besides all the negatives, they're pretty sweet looking. Nice creases and stacking. But they're really dark, all my friends say they look like black pants, and my roomie thinks I'm wearing black spandex tights every time I walk by her room.

I took the embroidered leaf off the back pocket b/c everyone was saying, "you've got something stuck to your butt", but did a crappy job of it.

Maybe some fit pics when I get some free time.

peace

mavvy

And some denim-related questions:

Do pantylines ever cause creasing and fading? Since these are tight, my usual underwear gives nice lines. I don't like wearing thongs, any suggestions on panties?

Also, recommendations on some cool sneakers to wear with skinnies that aren't chucks or vans? Not really into those looks and flats make my feet look too long.

I really want the new SS Naomi.... does anybody have them yet? They look fabulous. Sadly the buttons are no longer square shaped, are they?

^^ I don't believe pantylines should be too much of an issue, unless they're really thick.

I'll have photos up soon, I really haven't had time to be home lately!

Just got these APC NS used off eBay, got em about week and a half ago, 1 cold soak, slept in them 4 nights, 7 wears in so far. Been lurking reading sufu for a while now, finally decided to post. I'm not liking what they are doing at the ass/hips/thighs, I'm used to tigher fit, also wish they were longer for stacking. I'm debating on what I want to do with them/next purchase, I love my s&s's (post pics of those later) but I have no idea what I want to purchase next since I'm still not hot on these NS

I'm about 5'5" 125.

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

they dont taper in enough at the knee so it makes your legs look stumpy and doesnt define your rear-end....

try new cures (or jeans intended for women)

^yups. if youre lookin for an even tighter/skinnier fit , you can try the apc Petite Standards

^yups. if youre lookin for an even tighter/skinnier fit , you can try the apc Petite Standards

Hmmm Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure I want to stick with APC, I'm all super torn up on what I'd want now

EDIT:

Looking at the pictures more, looks like I want to sell.