Raw for Women

Becks23

Just wanted someone to confirm for me, are Lindas sanforized? I'd like to order some raws for my girl but not if they are going to shrink over an inch in the waist. Do they stretch out more than an inch in the waist? I know my 5507s have stretched quite a bit...

Where does the discrepancy in measurements between the raw and one-wash Linda's (on the Fabfour site) come from? I'm guessing industrial tumble-dry to shrink?

Just wanted someone to confirm for me, are Lindas sanforized? I'd like to order some raws for my girl but not if they are going to shrink over an inch in the waist. Do they stretch out more than an inch in the waist? I know my 5507s have stretched quite a bit...

Where does the discrepancy in measurements between the raw and one-wash Linda's (on the Fabfour site) come from? I'm guessing industrial tumble-dry to shrink?

yes! they are sanforized. they will stretch plenty, so if your girlfriend is between sizes, opt for the smaller size.

you are right about the size discrepancy. despite being sanforized, all cotton will shrink in its initial contact with hot water. if you were to order the raw version and hot wash/hot dry them 2 or 3 times, you will have a pair that measures very similarly to the one wash equivalent.

I found a pair of Academi's in a slim cut. I'd never heard of the brand before, but I liked the feel of the denim and the price was right for experimentation. I've been looking for a cut that was straight but higher rise than my Linda's and these fit those requirements.

(excuse the cuffing. I'm waiting to soak them and see how they shrink in length before deciding if I need to get them hem or just stack)

3188264525_3a70aa782d_o.jpg

3189107494_f65a5ff80a_o.jpg

I think the butt part looks weird because the denim's still hard and crunchy, so hopefully it'll calm down after it gets more wear.

I found a pair of Academi's

I think the super huge cuff looks cool like that. I think ever since seeing the stock photo of the fabfour girl wearing lindas with a huge cuff, I'm sold on the look.

I'm finally ready to pul the trigger on some Lindas. I'm having a horrible time with sizing though and can't try them on. I'm a size US 6/8. Any suggestions on what size I should try?

take all of your measurements -- waist (i.e. hip area,) thigh, etc. try to match them up as best as possible to an appropriate size on the following chart, which is very accurate.

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/size_bb04.html#linda

if you end up being between sizes, i would recommend going for the lower size if you're looking for a figure-wrapping fit (not tight.) my girlfriend ordered a pair that measured just under true to size, and they ended up stretching a bit beyond what she would prefer, mainly throughout the leg/thigh.

it seems as if you'd garner the best results getting a pair that initially fits tightly in the waistband. her pair required a belt from day one! however, everyone is shaped differently, and ultimately it's a crapes shoot when ordering a pair of jeans online. good luck!

what's the best denim for women available? Such as, on par with Dior's for men...?

Flat Head's Balder Slim Jean

PBJ Slim

I'd say it's those two if you're talking about the quality of the denim combined with cut.

Awesome, I've already got the PBJs looks like I'm getting FH's next. They're still at SE right?

Yup, right here..

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=318

Balders are pretty nice. I just recently got some for my sister. We went true to waist and after 2-3 days stuffing the waist with all my text books, they now fit perfectly. Also the value of my textbooks went down because of all the indigo stains on the them :(

Waist measurements look pretty big..?

Any in store? I might stop by over the weekend.

Yup, we've got them, come on in... They shrink 1.5" in the waist after a hot soak.