superBobo

Chore coats

We'll see how long it takes to fix the collar this weekend and if it ain't too long, then I will do it for some folks if needed.

I ain't gonna go through and fell everybody's seams though. That would just take too long.

Selling this (too big; check sig) but I thought a nice vintage jacket would be a nice addition to the thread. Picked it up from Crownzip a while ago, but I've lost some weight. Anyway, it's a sweet jacket.

Lee Chore Coat 91-J. Also Size 44 Regular, from the 1970's

Measurements:

Pit to pit: 24.5 inches

Shoulder to shoulder: 19.5

Pics:

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

X-post from ROYxCone contest. For more info on the process see the post in the ROY contest thread.

The results:

117600x450.jpg

115600x450.jpg

Some quick fit pics.

099600x450.jpg

094600x450.jpg

Edited by rnrswitch

How 'bout putting up some side by side before and after shots of the collar?

Great look, too. Sort of a tiny shawl collar.

Spent some time with Tadashi and Shogo of Lightning Magazine at my house yesterday and Shogo had the most KILLER chore coat with brown leather trim. Shoulda asked him what and where.

Not heard of this brand before, but this could be a bit of a bargain for someone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160660590352?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Apologies if any of you were keeping tabs on this.

congrats marina, so your going to be in the next boots mag ???

Took the plunge on a brown duck chore coat from Pointer Brand - not expecting to be blown away but hoping for a solid garment.

Here's my hickory striped chore jacket by pointer. I had the collar lined &shortened, with navy medium corduroy.

Shortened the difference

P1030295.jpg

P1030298.jpg

P1030387.jpg

P1030391.jpg

I also shortened the collar on my denim chore jacket, debating on lining the collar with corduroy or some type of leather.

I think they tend to run big. everyone I know with one has a small or extra small.

Mine came today and I love it. I'd say they run true. I wouldn't suggest sizing down in these.

got a pointer the other day...I went with a medium, should I have gotten a large? I feel good in it right now but 'm wondering about the shrinkage...

IMG_5434.jpg

Sorry to ask do, pointers run big or small?

bought mine over a year ago and i thought they were pretty big at first, but after a couple washes it shrank a bit so i'd say go true to size.

other than that the sleeves are ridic. long for whatever reason so i always have to roll up the cuffs

I've got a hickory stripe pointer in size Medium that I would let go for around half price. Shoot me a PM if interested. As Robbie says, I would probably need an XS now.

^Ha! I was going to place a bid, but decided against it as there are just too many things I want...gotta prioritize my wants or I'll just have too many things in my closet that won't get any attention. Great price!!

So who was it? (Chant) Jerk, Jerk, Jerk, Jerk... :)

Hi guys. I've got this K&TH chore coat that I'm trying to move. Size 42. I need money pretty bad and for the next 24 hours only I'll let it go for $100. Essentially unworn condition. Maybe 3 wears.

i1-1.jpg

Edited by ADH92

maybe too much to wear a denim chore coat with jeans? i can visualize it, but its not helping me.. hah