• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone else want to see the baseball buddha patches but with a big belly? is that possible?

the belly is a very recognizable aspect of the buddha's appearance, so to me it makes it more clear that the guy is actually buddha

kinda like this?

trjda1.jpg

i don't recall saying anything about true religion, or a guitar, or a concert ticket theme, or giving the jeans a person's name, like billy.

but, is it clear to you that the gentleman on the patch is buddha? if so, then yes, kinda like that. but without true religion, or a guitar, or a concert ticket theme, or giving the jeans a person's name, like billy. i think it was more of a baseball theme.

however, this is certainly a good example of how a marketing company would utilize the universal notion of the buddha as having a round belly when integrating him into their branding concept.

geez it was just a question...

but maybe buddha should be out now

I think the buddha in a baseball uniform is unrealistic and odd. It can still be baseball themed without having an actual "person" or "figure". No offense but if those are the patches I wont be buying the jeans.

*edit*

Isn't this kind of like putting a Jesus face on one of the Samurai if it were a Samurai x sufu collab. If Fullcount is so hardcore and down to the roots I doubt they would want a sacred religious figure depicted carrying around a baseball bat in baseball uniform.

I like the buddha baseball patch, and frankly believe that it has little/nothing to do with the true religion patch; beyond the fact that they both have representations of buddha.

but in the end I'm down with both the non buddha and buddha baseball patches, so whatever. just dont shoot something down because buddha was used by true religion.

I think the buddha in a baseball uniform is unrealistic and odd. It can still be baseball themed without having an actual "person" or "figure". No offense but if those are the patches I wont be buying the jeans.

then dont buy it

Really? that's a shame.

Oh well, you'll be missed!

Really? that's a shame.

Oh well, you'll be missed!

Isn't that the funny thing? The jeans are Fullcount, we're getting them for ~200 bucks (which is a deal), and to not get them because of a patch (that is going to be covered almost all the time you're wearing them)... That doesn't make sense.

That said, I still prefer the pick-up truck to the baseball Buddha.

Oh, that's was already established? I must have missed that. See I thought we were going to be able to negotiate for a lower price before letting the world know it was a good deal :P

i dont think there is a forsure price yet... but i think thats the ball park people we are hoping to get.

correct me if im wrong.

Buddha did not have a belly. He was actually pretty skinny. You're thinking of Budai, aka the Bodhisattva Maitreya, who is sometimes referred to as the Laughing Buddha, but should not be confused with Siddhartha Gautama, aka THE Buddha.

So really, it shouldn't matter, but I agree that if we added a belly it would evoke the True Religion branding. It's not that it would look exactly the same (not that that was ever the point), but it will certainly remind people of it, which is just kind of trashy IMHO.