• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone personally handled the denim that will be used? I'm wondering if it is greencast or redcast, and I can't tell from the pics.

As far as the patch goes I think the one with the truck would be best, with a few modifications to the font and graphic placement. That patch made a bold statement without being too cartoonish.

Am I the only one that liked this one better than baseball ones?

nope, I also like the pickup patch more than that kawai baseball dude.

will there be a vote for deciding which patch wil be used or does Gordon/FC decide?

I'm totally in for this. i've been lurking around here for a while, waiting to make my decision. but as far as customization goes, is there a possibility of a cinch back and suspender buttons, or is that too much to ask for? and would anyone else wanna do that?

I'm totally in for this. i've been lurking around here for a while, waiting to make my decision. but as far as customization goes, is there a possibility of a cinch back and suspender buttons, or is that too much to ask for? and would anyone else wanna do that?

Personally I think a cinch and suspender buttons would be awesome, but these contest jeans seem to end up being quite boring, with no distinguishing details. Guess they like to play it safe by catering to the largest possible audience, but this doesn't make sense to me... if you're going to make custom jeans, why not do something a bit different?

As suspender buttons can always be added and some people might not care for them, I'd say better to leave them off. However, it would be awesome to have a contest jean with a cinch back as they're much easier to remove than to add. I thought those Fullcount 0117s posted earlier looked awesome myself.

i like the truck patch, not too much, not too little...nice

I'd go for a cinch back but don't need it as it gets in the way a belt. Suspender buttons are a no-no to me as they really get in the way of a belt.

Extras to me would be a crotch rivit, leather patch, off-set back loop, selvedge, button fly, top button stitch, and the baddestass denim you can find...

As to flannel pockets I say no as they would tear out easy. I vote for tough canvas ones.

As suspender buttons can always be added and some people might not care for them, I'd say better to leave them off. However, it would be awesome to have a contest jean with a cinch back as they're much easier to remove than to add. I thought those Fullcount 0117s posted earlier looked awesome myself.

yeah, i thought the 0117s looked really cool. maybe just a cinch back would be better, and yeah a crotch rivet would be sweet. but i guess we dont even know if any of this is even possible yet. I just thought a cinch back would be an interesting extra to distinguish the contest jeans.

PS: the new truck patch looks a lot better, but I think i'm still for the world series baseball guy.

Personally I think a cinch and suspender buttons would be awesome, but these contest jeans seem to end up being quite boring, with no distinguishing details. Guess they like to play it safe by catering to the largest possible audience, but this doesn't make sense to me... if you're going to make custom jeans, why not do something a bit different?

The reason we won't see a cinch back or suspender buttons is because those things weren't present on Levi's models in the 50s. If someone wants to add those things after then all the power to them.

If anyone thinks these jeans are boring then why would they wear them for a year. I hope that everyone who buys these actually wears them and doesn't just add it to a collection.

I like the baseball patch but it will ultimately be up to Gordon and FC.

In regards to belt loops, I like the way the 53s are set up now. I don't think they will make too many changes to that and they'll keep the jeans the way they are with minor customizations.

Truck patch looks good poopslush. I didn't realise both designs were yours until now.

Yes to add to what DP says, this is not the design-a-jean contest. It is the FC0105 jeans with some custom options, meaning we can choose the type of rivets, buttons, thread and fabric.

The 15.7oz fabric has already been chosen, that's why we are getting the green edge. I posted pictures of the 0117 jeans a few pages back so people have an idea of what the fabric looks like.

That is fucking great news. I must have missed that post.

definitely the heavyweight denim. We don't have hot months in London.

As living in Finland I'm used to sub zero climate and thats why I don't feel comfortable in anything thicker than 14oz but anyways way I'm in. The cut in these is perfect for everyday use.

Yes to add to what DP says, this is not the design-a-jean contest. It is the FC0105 jeans with some custom options, meaning we can choose the type of rivets, buttons, thread and fabric.

I just figured when DP quoted Gordon a few pages back as saying "we should do something really special and customized but not too over the top, keep it classic but bold," it might mean some more noticeable customizations. Offset belt loops, a green thread instead of a red thread, and donut buttons instead of regular buttons doesn't exactly say "special" or "bold" to me. There's tons of jeans with these features. But that's just my two cents, don't want to get in a shitting contest over this.

Here the pictures of our denim samples that Gordon sent to me earlier this morning. You'll notice that the edge on these samples is red but for ours it will be green. I say again, this is not the exact denim that will be used for our jeans, just a sample.

"FC sent me some fabric swatches of the 15.7oz denim. The texture is really

nice, crispy and rigid but still soft to the touch, made with 100% Zimbabwe

Cotton. The color is also a very nice dark indigo blue, the blue stands out

in the washed swatch." - Gordon

He also said that Japan is on holiday until the 18th so we'll receive more images then.

P1010022.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010040.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010020.jpg

Size chart (pre-wash):

FC0105_spex_web.jpg