2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

nope -- with a hot wash and hot dry, my waist shrunk 2 inches. though most people won't opt for using the dryer, a hot soak and line dry will probably only net you about an inch of shrinkage.

for dryer heat, i use the maximum heat setting (just for the purpose of shrinking unsanforized denim.) throw in a few dry towels (that you don't mind getting indigo stains on) to prevent creasing. 15-20 minutes should do the trick. works like a charm. here's how the patch looks afterwards -- contorts it a bit, but nothing drastic like soaking in 80 degree celsius water :-P

patch.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope -- with a hot wash and hot dry, my waist shrunk 2 inches. though most people won't opt for using the dryer, a hot soak and line dry will probably only net you about an inch of shrinkage.

for dryer heat, i use the maximum heat setting (just for the purpose of shrinking unsanforized denim.) throw in a few dry towels (that you don't mind getting indigo stains on) to prevent creasing. 15-20 minutes should do the trick. works like a charm. here's how the patch looks afterwards -- contorts it a bit, but nothing drastic like soaking in 80 degree celsius water :-P

patch.jpg

oooohhh.... very nice... just one little concern... the waist may stretch one inch after many wears, so the worst scenario is that the waist will be loose by 2" from my true waist size... that's why i'm thinking that i'd need to find a good belt for this one...

thanks for sharing though! sad that you're selling this... :-(

@Turntabloid: 34" on the dot.

@gamma: the waist will definitely stretch if strained. grab a snug belt!

and i'm only selling if i can garner some interest. these were kind of an impulse purchase for me, because i got back a nice tax return. in retrospect, i didn't really need to buy them, so i think i'd rather have the money on hand instead. if they don't sell by the last week of march, i'm totally in for the contest... although i'll need to have them tapered a bit. i've got some chicken calves.

now that you guys have told me to stay with this fit... i'm like 75% satisfied with this post-soak/heat dry... one thing that bugs me is the waist size which is still little loose, but everything is perfectly perfect!

here's the images in post soak/heat dry and it's still little damp....

_MG_0749.jpg

_MG_0750.jpg

_MG_0751.jpg

_MG_0752.jpg

You can see that my jeans' waist is bit loose in the back nevertheless, that patch looks soooo dayum sweet...

thanks for the advice, guys... now, i just need to find the right belt that wouldn't bug me while climbing.

off to climbing soon today with the jeans!

Looks like you're wearing your jeans fairly high...

I had to bend my legs to take that picture of the patch as my camera was set on a self timer, thus my waist looked bit loose...

the jeans is hugging just beneath my hip bones and it does feel like that i may be able to pull this jeans off without unbuttoning once it's stretched... that's one thing that i'm concerned about...

Thanks for sharing your soaking and drying methods enojy.

Just a couple of questions for you:

1. Did you notice any changes in the denim after putting them in the dryer? Like are the jeans softer, did they lose indigo in the dryer, etc.

2. Do you have pre/post soak/dry measurements?

Sorry if I'm asking redundant questions, I'm hungover and can't think very straight.

But thanks in advance.

I hope this hasn't been asked before as this jean seems to lend itself particularly well towards cuffing, but I have some questions.

First of all, can one switch between cuffing and stacking?

This is my first big, dry denim purchase and I plan on wearing them with pretty much every shoe I own except for the lowest plimsoles. Some want a stack, some want a cuff. Will anything odd happen over time if I cuff and uncuff my jeans a lot?

Secondly, can I double cuff without committing some grave faux pas?

Thanks.

I hope this hasn't been asked before as this jean seems to lend itself particularly well towards cuffing, but I have some questions.

This is my first big, dry denim purchase and I plan on wearing them with pretty much every shoe I own except for the lowest plimsoles. Some want a stack, some want a cuff. Will anything odd happen over time if I cuff and uncuff my jeans a lot?

Secondly, can I double cuff without committing some grave faux pas?

Thanks.

why not do whatever you like, whenever you like with them?

or do you expect to diminish clean fades when switching?

just wear them however you feel, the denim will do the rest!

Nothing "odd" happens, but it'll look weird for a little bit when you go from cuff to stack. I cuffed my Eternals for the first few months, so when I uncuffed them, they stacked weirdly since the fold doesn't exactly disappear, and the jeans sort of rip at the fold, or at least mines did. I'd just stick with one or the other though

do any of the cats that now own the jeans, find the red tab in the coin pocket?

Yup, mine's there... and I don't even plan to take it out... red tab stays in forever!

Thanks for sharing your soaking and drying methods enojy.

Just a couple of questions for you:

1. Did you notice any changes in the denim after putting them in the dryer? Like are the jeans softer, did they lose indigo in the dryer, etc.

2. Do you have pre/post soak/dry measurements?

Sorry if I'm asking redundant questions, I'm hungover and can't think very straight.

But thanks in advance.

1. no drastic change in the denim. it does become a bit softer, but still plenty stiff to set creases and what not. every jean's dye loss is different when run through the dryer; it depends on the dye job. these lost very little indigo when hot dried, but still some, yes.

2. check my sale thread for post hot soak and hot dry measurements. no raw measurements, sorry, but the ones on self-edge are likely 100% accurate.