479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, what happens if he throws them in the washing machine after a few months? won't they shrink too much then?

As long as he never washes with hot water, it will be fine.

i usually read that you should shrink unsanforized denim as much as possible right from the start, so what is the way to go?

It really depends on how it fits before you soak unsanforized denim. Sometimes you miscalculate and it ends up fitting pretty damn good pre-soak. In that case, when it comes time for a wash you just use cold water and don't bother getting max. shrinkage

You only do max shrinkage if it will stretch out to your desired waist size eventually.

PG2G,

Granted i can't see your entire body in that photo but you seriously look an entire foot taller in person, maybe more.

Hey guys just got my sz31s in today. Denim is something else :D. Sorry for crappy phone pics but was too excited to find a camera.

Pre-soak pictures:

2usx0ew.jpg

2uyq7n8.jpg

Quite pleased with the fit, was pretty much what I was going for. Whats dyou guys think? Going to soak them soon so ill post presoak and post soak measurements up soon. Special thanks to kiya for sizing advice.

Hey guys just got my sz31s in today. Denim is something else :D. Sorry for crappy phone pics but was too excited to find a camera.

Pre-soak pictures:

2usx0ew.jpg

2uyq7n8.jpg

Quite pleased with the fit, was pretty much what I was going for. Whats dyou guys think? Going to soak them soon so ill post presoak and post soak measurements up soon. Special thanks to kiya for sizing advice.

I would wear them a little higher than you are right now, looks not good imo.

i swear i'm not sarcastically asking this... but i've become so accustomed to slim and/or tapered jeans for the past five years, i've forgotten how to wear straight leg cuts with such a large leg opening. what do i do with these, man?! little pinroll? tuck them into the shoes? junior high style scissor-off-the-hem? aside from tapering, since i can't find any local tailors that aren't totally lazy and refuse to do an inseam taper.

So what has everybody been doing here as far as size goes? Are you getting the same tagged size you wear in other jeans or one up or down?

Im a 34 in IH 634s, 34's in Flat Head F380 and I went with a 33 here. Waist isn't the problem, they're a little tight in the thighs. Might try a 34, but according to the chart it's the same size thigh.

I was a 32 in APC NS which stretched out to about a 35. The thighs were bigger in those.

Yeah I mean, if I could go back I would have got a 29 in the APC. So for me personally, I'd recommend going up one from APC

got used to the rise. keeping my pair :-) officially started wearing 3/13/09.

i guess everybody who owns a red-d should be fine with the rise, its almost identical.

good to hear you are staying in the contest, enjoy.

i am still debating which size to pick, but based on how the red-d fits me i am leaning for a 34 (size down - wear a 35 to 36 in everything else except the red-d)

i guess everybody who owns a red-d should be fine with the rise, its almost identical.

good to hear you are staying in the contest, enjoy.

i am still debating which size to pick, but based on how the red-d fits me i am leaning for a 34 (size down - wear a 35 to 36 in everything else except the red-d)

Not exactly... I own the Red-D, and since putting the SExDB on twice (i've been staring at it sitting on my futon for a week now), it is pretty low relative to the Red-D.

^^^^

well ive never ownd a db before but im assuming our rep bar took the tabs place.

ordering true size was a mistake, should have sized down one~

i hangd dried after a hot soak... but im trying to get them to shrink a little more so i just cold soaked for 15 and put em in the dryer on high heat..

i figure even if they dont shrink more and they will expand out again.. it's not that bad.. i can just wear with a belt..

^^^^

well ive never ownd a db before but im assuming our rep bar took the tabs place.

ordering true size was a mistake, should have sized down one~

i hangd dried after a hot soak... but im trying to get them to shrink a little more so i just cold soaked for 15 and put em in the dryer on high heat..

i figure even if they dont shrink more and they will expand out again.. it's not that bad.. i can just wear with a belt..

agreed, i could've gotten away with sizing down one. the waist on mine is entirely loose, but i always wear a belt with my jeans, so it's a non-issue. using the dryer will definitely gain you a bit more shrinkage, especially in the waist.

sizing down one would've given me an even lower rise, though... that's something i don't need! 9.7" -> 9.2" :-O