479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking of some logistics...are we going to have any official list of contestants? Any check-ins, initial pics, etc? Granted we are still a few weeks away but I need something to keep me going because not wearing these jeans is killing me...

how's the crotch room compare to that of the sam 710 and fc 1108? some people are adjusting themselves to the rise, and i want to get some more opinions on this before i pull the trigger.

compared to those two cuts? not a whole lot of room.

screenprinted it, i did a fair bit of screenprinting in my free time

Ok, you just redeemed yourself from the whole "trying to cook your jeans" thing.

Seriously, that's very cool. I'd keep it like that, it looks good.

Any Thoughts?

Ok, I got my size 33 today. I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Pretty slim in the thigh, not skin tight. I did have some room in the waist. From the knee down, definitely a straight fit like the pic on the self edge web site. I soaked them for 25 minutes from the thigh down and then put the top block in for about 3 minutes.

They shrunk the exact amount Kiya said. 1 inch in the waist, .25 legs, and about 2 inseam. The rise shrunk a tad. I tried them on while they are still wet and they are a now a fit like the bottom post that I quoted. Similar to these also:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1689476&postcount=2218

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1692934&postcount=2340

Do you guys think this is too slim a fit for these jeans? The problem is that if I size up to a 34, it's the same size thigh. If I go up to a 36, they'll be falling off me and the leg opening will be too big for my taste. I have small feet and the 9" leg opening won't look good. Also, the rise is low and my boxers show a little. I guess that's normal though. I'm guessing if I wear them a bit they'll go back to how they fit pre soak so I shouldn't worry about it. I really wanted a fit like Sidney's on the self edge site. It's close, but just a tad slimmer.

Those are perfect, no need to size up on them.

Those are perfect, no need to size up on them.

Cool. Just wanted to make sure that wasn't too slim of a fit for what you were going for here. Even though these are a straight fit, they're supposed to be fairly slimmer than the IH 634S or Flat Head F380, right?

dude you should go for what YOU'RE going for. Those look fine for sure.

I sized down 2 from my 'true' waist, and I love the fit. I need to get some fit pics up tonight. But they do indeed fit me pretty slim. The cut is very similar to my 21cm diors, just up a size so it's not super tight in the top block

kiya,

the thigh on a 33 and 34 is each 12.0 - is that correct?! still thinking about buying a 34 and wearing it raw throughout the contest, but 12.0 in the thigh sounds pretty tight to me!

Yes, it's correct, at least in the pairs we measured. The difference in the thigh on a jean from one size to the next is normally between only .2" and .4" anyway, not extremely noticeable if the grading was done correctly.

In response to this question.

Kiya, is this correct? I'm seeing it on the selfedge site, but I as well am having a hard time believing the thigh on the 33 is the same size as the 34. Seems like the 34 should be a tad bigger...I hope.

Just got mine in the mail today. The jeans are beautiful, but they just don't fit me. For reference, I'm 6'0" and 160ish pounds. I have kind of wide hips so I decided to go with a larger size since these have a low rise. The rise was surprisingly comfortable, but it's probably because I had enough room to stick almost both of my hands flat against my body in the waistband.

I think that I should size down to at least a 32, but I'm thinking a 31 might even be better. As you can see I have pretty skinny thighs, so I'm pretty sure that I can fit a 31 in terms of the thigh room if they stretch out a little bit. I'm just a bit worried about how far the waist will stretch.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Kiya, what do you think I should do?

Thanks

SExDBxS0933Fit.jpg