2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

just got mine in... the denim is amazing as everyone else has said, but i'm returning mine for store credit. this cut doesn't work for me unfortunately... rise and thigh measurements don't match up on any size for me. tis a shame, because the denim really does nail you right out of the box.

Was the rise too low for you? That's what I'm most worried about, I ordered without realising quite how low it was, and now I think I may have to return them too when I receive them.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the rise too low for you? That's what I'm most worried about, I ordered without realising quite how low it was, and now I think I may have to return them too when I receive them.

you know, i thought it was too low at first, yes. but i tried them on again and worked out the store-fresh shipping creases from the crotch, and it's actually a pretty good size. it's not THAT low. i'm debating whether or not i want to return them, or bite the bullet and go for a hot soak and hot dry (i need the waist and lower leg to shrink as much as possible if i'm going to keep these.) i can't stress enough how beautiful the denim is... i really want to keep these. but sizing down is just out of the question. i guess i have until monday to think about it.

oh! for shits and giggles, here's my pre-soak fit pictures. it's not so evident in the pics, but i have about 2" of excess room in the waist, even when worn on the hips. my size 31 measures a 34" waist raw. i think i'm going to keep them and get them tapered.

fitu.jpg

It actually doesn't look bad at all... The jean isn't supposed to be slim or tapered really. Either exchange them for one size down or do a hot soak and start wearing them.

i'm gonna go for it! one size down would be too brutal on my thighs. they really don't look bad at all now that i can see them from a third person perspective. here we go.

It actually doesn't look bad at all... The jean isn't supposed to be slim or tapered really. Either exchange them for one size down or do a hot soak and start wearing them.

AH HA!!!

;)

God I don't think I can hold out till April 1st...

Mine seem fairly slim, I think they'll be perfect after the soak. I'm excited for the contest but holding out will allow me to put another month on my SExSC06s which will be good as they are starting to show more and more wear.

how far along are you with those anyway, xchen?

Been wearing the SExSC06s every day since I got them. I'll be getting a friend of mine to snap some photos with her SLR tonight when we all go hiking. Not sure when I'll have the pics back but I'll post them up when I get them. Presoak fit pics of the Dry Bones coming too!

here's a post soak picture. think i'd rather sell these. fits great, just not feeling them at this point in time... they've been hot soaked and hot dried, $265 shipped ($10 off!) size 31.

fit2.jpg

these are size 31. i'm 6'1, 150 lbs, true waist about 31, hips about 32.5.

Ok, I got my size 33 today. I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Pretty slim in the thigh, not skin tight. I did have some room in the waist. From the knee down, definitely a straight fit like the pic on the self edge web site. I soaked them for 25 minutes from the thigh down and then put the top block in for about 3 minutes.

They shrunk the exact amount Kiya said. 1 inch in the waist, .25 legs, and about 2 inseam. The rise shrunk a tad. I tried them on while they are still wet and they are a now a fit like the bottom post that I quoted. Similar to these also:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1689476&postcount=2218

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1692934&postcount=2340

Do you guys think this is too slim a fit for these jeans? The problem is that if I size up to a 34, it's the same size thigh. If I go up to a 36, they'll be falling off me and the leg opening will be too big for my taste. I have small feet and the 9" leg opening won't look good. Also, the rise is low and my boxers show a little. I guess that's normal though. I'm guessing if I wear them a bit they'll go back to how they fit pre soak so I shouldn't worry about it. I really wanted a fit like Sidney's on the self edge site. It's close, but just a tad slimmer.

Hey mine just arrived this morning! They are really gorgeous. I will definitely be getting them shortened. Soaking as we speak. I got 30's, usually wear 30-31's. Here are some pre soak fit pics. I am 5'5, 150. P3070011.jpgP3070005.jpg

P3070007.jpgP3070010.jpg

Too bad you decided to sell enjoy...in other news, I'm having problems taking these off just wearing them around the house, I can't overstate how much I'm enjoying these jeans...

i'm really on the fence, to be honest. i'm going to leave the sale thread up for like a week. if no one jumps on them, i'm off to have them tapered a bit. the fit below the knee is the only part i'm not in love with. that, and they have this strange way of working their way UP my legs! nothing that can't be remedied with a few weeks of wear.

here is it in my pre-soak:

_MG_0742.jpg

_MG_0744.jpg

_MG_0745.jpg

i'm having second thoughts about downsizing this nice pair of jeans that i purchased a few days ago at SE's shop. even though my true waist is 30, i got a size 31 as i talked with this clerk (i'm sorry i forgot your name... it's been awfully too long since i last saw ya.. but i know it's definitely not derek..) about climbing. i've decided to climb in this one as much as i can in a year and the thigh part is kinda pretty tight (got thick thighs from being athletic.. i'm almost 6' and weigh 165 lbs) when i squat and squat is part of climbing.

i'm just concerned that after 20 wears, the jeans would stretch considerably. so think size 30 would be best fit for me? i found the waist 31 size to be huge for me... it feels like a 34 for me with a big gap in the back. or should i keep it and go for hot soak with hot dry to get the maximum shrink in waist or just exchange for size 30 and go for cold soak??

kiya, i can stop by at the shop today (sunday) at around 11 am if you're open at that time to exchange (i'm like 60% sure that i'm going to downsize this one..)

i would not size down on those. keep in mind the denim isn't sanforized. the thigh does shrink about 1/3 of an inch. the waist shrinks 2".

well, if it does shrink to 31 in waist, it would leave me only 1 inch of gap... guess i'll just look for an aged leather belt for this one!

thanks for the suggestion... guess i'll keep this one and go for hot soak and hot dry (how hot should i heat in the dryer?)