supermeatheads

kunk75

^ I have a really sensitive stomach too, so I can help you out here..

first thing I would do is ditch the metamucil and all dairy (you may be lactose-intolerant, like me).

both should have a laxative effect, but in certain amounts combined with a certain diet, it may have the opposite effect and give you constipation (I've learned the hard way too).

I don't know exactly how much vegetables you consume a day, but for reference, recently, I've been consuming about 1 to 1.6kg of cauliflower or broccoli a day for the past 6 weeks or so, and my poopies have been regular, about 2-3 a day, and solid.

and to reiterate, I suggest everyone start taking some sort of digestive enzymes with every meal. it's cheap and helps with the digestion and absorption of food and it's nutrients.

Also, drink more water, and switch to a %100 isolate protein. %100 isolate contains no lactose, and its the lactose that kills me as far as bloating is concerned

weidna : MrChairy offered great advice as usual. Up the vegitables big time, dont take extra fiber ( many times it can make things worse) drink loads of water and papaya enzyme for digestion ( fresh papaya is even better). I cant believe I forgot to mention yogurt. It contains the same bacteria as found in your gut, it really helps with food digestion. It doesnt even have to be taken in large amounts, a single small serving cup will do wonders.

I find drinking some V8Splash is a great way to get some extra fruit and vegitables in your diet ( I hate the taste of regular V8), just dont overdue it as its got some high sugar content due to the fructose

MrChairy : Damn dude, you suck back that broccoli like a mofo. I cant stand the taste of it myself, but its unbelievably good for you. Im more all about the cucumbers, lettuce ect

^

agreed, drink more water and use whey isolate is you're using whey for post-workout.

also, my favorite digestive enzyme is betaine hcl (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/super.html). I also like now's super enzymes (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/super.html) because it has a bit of everything - betaine hcl, protease, Bromelain, papaya, etc.

Just started doing 5x5s now that I've gotten into the rhythm of school and all that.

I'm taking some glucosamine/choindroitin for my right knee (previous sports injury), but aside from that I'm just stocking up on lean turkey/chicken breasts/canned fish. I'm trying to eat clean, 30/30/40 spread and mostly succeeding, are there any worthwhile supplements I should be taking?

5x5 seems like the best thing for me to do until about May of next year, at which point i'll re-evaluate how I'm doing. Does this sound good?

Thanks!

Just started doing 5x5s now that I've gotten into the rhythm of school and all that.

I'm taking some glucosamine/choindroitin for my right knee (previous sports injury), but aside from that I'm just stocking up on lean turkey/chicken breasts/canned fish. I'm trying to eat clean, 30/30/40 spread and mostly succeeding, are there any worthwhile supplements I should be taking?

5x5 seems like the best thing for me to do until about May of next year, at which point i'll re-evaluate how I'm doing. Does this sound good?

Thanks!

For your joints (and a HUGE list of other things) I would take a good EFA complex. fish oil does amazing stuff for your joints. I would also take a supplement called cissus. Its the extract from a plant and it is awesome for joint and ligaments.

On the 5x5, It works amazing but you have to do it right. I know this sounds kinda dumb/obvious but in order for it to really work you have to be anal about A, getting your right weights down for what you need to start at and B write down EVERYTHING in regards to weight and reps. You have to really learn to live by the statement "2.5lb'ers are your best friend." I do a 5x5 routine almost exclusively because im torn between 2 loves. MMA and bodybuilding. 5x5 give me the size I want but also give me the strength I want where as doing more of a hypertrophy routine wont get you as strong as fast.

are there any worthwhile supplements I should be taking?

if you're looking for cheap.. again, disgestive enzymes..

also on the cheap end, creatine - it works, it's cheap, why not.

if you've got cash to spend, I love the BCAAs, EAAs, and glutamine combo.

there are a bunch of others, I like but I won't go into detail about them because I've discussed them already in previous posts and I'm feeling very lazy right now.

there are a bunch of others, I like but I won't go into detail about them because I've discussed them already in previous posts and I'm feeling very lazy right now.

Hahah man I think my favorite supplement of all time is Alcar. Shit is addictive and doesn't make me crash like caffeine...although I suppose it was never meant to.

As for the diabetes. I swear I'm developing symptoms too...although I'm clueless as to how to go about it. I mean, I feel lethargic most of the time and I can have any carbs without hving a migraine...but then again that could be unrelated from diabeties altogether.

Thanks for the advice, will definitely read through the thread thoroughly. But I was just wondering if all those supplements were worthwhile for a beginner who really hasn't lifted for some time, I think some whey protein (trueprotein.com?) would be useful, but aside from fish oil/joint stuff, is it wortwhile to invest in creatine/etc.? Especially at so early in my lifting?

creatine is cheap and useful in comparison to other supplements in it's price range.

whey is fine for post-workout but I'm a firm believer it's pretty much shit for the rest of the day.

if you're lifting hard, doesn't matter if you've just started or have been lifting for years, I believe BCAAs and EAAs will help most people.

F2D - I'm a fan of alcar too.. I like stacking it with idebenone and chocamine.

I can't fuck with the chocamine any more. Anything with caffeine has negative effects on me. Yeah, the surge of energy is great but I get hit with major depression right afterwards. I don't know why, maybe adrenal fatigue. But this happens even if I take weeks off stims.

Yo Just Another XY.

I think dividing everything in categories makes it easier to choose

Essential

-Creatine

-Fish Oil

-Multivitamin

Essential if you have the funds IMO

-ZMA (Or any mineral blend)

-EAA

-BCAA

-Glut

-Taurine

For extra energy

-Alcar 2-5g

-CoQ10 200mg with alcar

-Chocamine or any other caffeine stim

For overall health

-Antioxidant blend

-Digestive enzyme before food

-Probiotics

-Vit D3

-Green Tea extract

For joint health

-Glucosomine(sp?)

-Ciccus (sp?

-MSM

Bowel issues?

-Psyllium Husk

I think thats it? Fuck whey. Go for something else....There are tons of alternatives.

With that being said, I have two preworkout supps that I'd like to give away.

LG Sciences Anadraulic State GT : SE?

USP Labs Jack3d

I loved Jack3d. Really clean smooth energy. Made me extra pumped to work out.

Negatives though, the crash on this stuff is 10x worse than caffeine. But some people can tolerate it.

I think its the 1,3 dimethamylmine or w/e that helps the most with this supp.

i used jack3d and liked it, i've also tried white flood which was equally as good. however after a while i got way used too both and just stopped using pre-workouts altogether.

what are people's thoughts on using an ECA stack to burn fat? is it truly that effective? is it worth the health risks(if risks to speak of haven't been exaggerated)?

i used jack3d and liked it, i've also tried white flood which was equally as good. however after a while i got way used too both and just stopped using pre-workouts altogether.

what are people's thoughts on using an ECA stack to burn fat? is it truly that effective? is it worth the health risks(if risks to speak of haven't been exaggerated)?

It works well if your diet is on point, clenbuteral is better (although its illegal). I got jittery as all hell, though I dont do well with stimulants of any kind

You need to do 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Your receptors downregulate ( ie get used to the kick) and the effect slows down rather quickly. To be honest, a good low carb diet and heavy cardio will work wonders, just more slowly then using an ECA

Personally, I would look into Yohimbine and green tea to go the more safer route if you want a decent fat burner

I just started a variation of the warrior diet today.

the under-eating portion of the day didn't suck as bad as I thought it would.

but right now, I'm trying to cram about 1800 (clean) calories within a 4 hour window. so far, I went through..

- 250g chicken breast

- 500g cauliflower

- 1 tablespoon olive oil

- 600g sweet potatoes

I still have a little under 800 calories to go and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Charly, I actually been doing that since december and it works out really great. You dont have to worry about getting/making food during the day, which is a good thing IMO . I dont even feel hungry during the daytime really...but I eat like 4-5 lbs of food at night haha.

And I seriously doubt you would have type-2 diabetes...those are all obese, middle-aged ppl who never exercise and eat non-stop.

but right now, I'm trying to cram about 1800 (clean) calories within a 4 hour window. so far, I went through..

- 250g chicken breast

- 500g cauliflower

- 1 tablespoon olive oil

- 600g sweet potatoes

I still have a little under 800 calories to go and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

LOL. Good luck man...keep up with it.

- 250g chicken breast

- 500g cauliflower

- 1 tablespoon olive oil

- 600g sweet potatoes

haha this is how i've been eating for years

i didn't know there was an actual name for it

I'm not sure how it's supposed to be helping me tho

:confused:

edit: went on website they say only eat @ night but they also give you a CFT (controlled fatigue training) regimen and instruct u to eat a meal after each workout and every couple of hours

u see any difference in your body/strength chariy?

haha this is how i've been eating for years

i didn't know there was an actual name for it

I'm not sure how it's supposed to be helping me tho

edit: went on website they say only eat @ night but they also give you a CFT (controlled fatigue training) regimen and instruct u to eat a meal after each workout and every couple of hours

Check this dudes results...

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27125

interesting

i guess i've got some reading to do tonite

pretty happy with how i look now, but god i wish i could get shredded like that dude while eating fucking burgers @ night

even if this might be some quackery, i want to see if i experience the heightened senses like dude said

interesting

i guess i've got some reading to do tonite

pretty happy with how i look now, but god i wish i could get shredded like that dude while eating fucking burgers @ night

even if this might be some quackery, i want to see if i experience the heightened senses like dude said

I've been following the diet for some time now and honestly, the energy and everything...man I couldn't imagine eating any other way again.

And no, if you're trying to get super shredded you'll still have to watch what you eat, but a burger on the warrior diet won't be as detrimental as on a normal diet I suppose!

(assuming that the truth is held that most foods within the overfeeding portion are as anabolic as IA and others say)

why is getting humalog good news chary?

fairly short time frame of controlled large insulin spikes post-workout (and whenever else you see fit) in conjunction with a bunch of carbs and protein = plus plus plus

well I've been on it for about 24 hours now lol

I'll let you know how's it's going in a couple of weeks

I've been following the diet for some time now and honestly, the energy and everything...man I couldn't imagine eating any other way again.

And no, if you're trying to get super shredded you'll still have to watch what you eat, but a burger on the warrior diet won't be as detrimental as on a normal diet I suppose!

(assuming that the truth is held that most foods within the overfeeding portion are as anabolic as IA and others say)

haha if you get 1200+ calories of proteins/carbs/fats, it's impossible not to be anabolic during the overfeeding portion of the diet