supermeatheads

kunk75

remind me to never do that again, because after my last workout I got feverish and have been sick for 2 days now.

pulled 405 for 4 and my body said "fuck you, you should've listened to me" :(

I'm guessing it was all those tiny muscles in your lower back that told you?

nice job w/ the 405. What can you do for 3 or 2?

probably not as impressive to you guys.

From June I have got my bodyweight up from 59kg to 67/68kg and am following stronglifts.

all lifts started at just the bar (20kg)

Squats: ~1.2 bodyweight = 80kg

Deadlift: ~ 1.04 bodyweight = 70kg

Benchpress: ~ 0.85 bodyweight = 57.5kg

OHP: ~0.6 bodyweight = 42.5kg

all 5x5

This question may be kind of the opposite of this thread but any suggestions on how to reduce bulk? I've been doing a lot more cardio lately and I feel that my legs are getting too slim for my upper body. I've definitely liked the weightlifting but I want to shy away as it's beginning to take it's toll on my already poor joints and I'm only 20.

Lately I've just been pushing out max rep pushups/pullups and decreased the amount of protein that I ingest. Any other suggestions?

This question may be kind of the opposite of this thread but any suggestions on how to reduce bulk? I've been doing a lot more cardio lately and I feel that my legs are getting too slim for my upper body. I've definitely liked the weightlifting but I want to shy away as it's beginning to take it's toll on my already poor joints and I'm only 20.

Lately I've just been pushing out max rep pushups/pullups and decreased the amount of protein that I ingest. Any other suggestions?

not only decrease protein intake but overall caloric intake.

this goes without saying but keep workouts low volume.

sweet. when did you start noticing a real difference?

also, do you follow the warrior-diet exercises? so far ive just been following the one meal a day rule and lots of running and resistance exercises.

I'm not doing ori's version of the warrior diet because my main goal at the moment isn't try to lose fat, but it's to gain some muscle and, most importantly, get my strength back up to where it used to be.

ever since starting the IA-modified warrior diet, my strength, size, and the scale has shot up, while my body fat has dropped a tad. it's going pretty great to be honest.

while my weight went up from 177 to 185, it's been holding steady at 185 for the past week. I think I'm going to add more calories starting next week if my strength stops progressing (which I don't think it will).

it's only been about 2-3 weeks on the diet, and I've easily put over 50 pounds on my squat and deadlift. my gains will probably slow down in a bit, but as long as it's climbing a 5 pounds every week, I don't see a reason to change anything at the moment.

overall, I'm very happy with the warrior diet thus far. and even better, when and if I hit 195 pounds, and I decide to start dropping body fat as a main goal, all I would have to do is lower my food intake at the overfeeding portion of the day - which I would have no problem doing since, I feel overly stuffed by the time I'm finished my food. I have no clue how I'm going to add more "clean" calories next week if I decide to do so.

God damn chairy. That's great to hear.

Warrior diet didn't work so well for me. I guess it just isn't for ectos.

I don't know man. I'm somewhere between an ecto/meso (closer to the ecto side of things) and this diet is working so far.

what is your total caloric intake like and what's your macros like?

I changed my macros from 40/40/30 to 40/55/15 and it made a world of difference. this is on a 300 calorie surplus of course. I don't recommend only doing 15% fats on a deficit.

Anyone wanna lay out the basics of the warrior diet? Don't feel like buying the book.

I think I already pretty much do it. I have a small breakfast, usually 2 eggs and coffee, microwave dinner for lunch, and eat a decent dinner +snack through the evening.

Is the only difference that you just eat fruits and veggies only during the day? then from like 8 on or something you eat some veggies + protein+ desert of sorts before you go to bed?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're not trying to gain (muscle) mass, then the warrior diet isn't for you. I experimented with my diet last winter and found that the best approach to losing weight was to do practically the opposite of what the warrior diet suggested: namely, eat a complete balanced breakfast (w/ carbs, protein and fats) and then try to get by for the rest of the day on veggies, soups, and fruit (reducing fats and carbs as much as possible). The key for me wasn't really to count calories as it was to reduce carbs and fats. Usually, I'd be able to get through a normal day with sufficient energy and, if necessary, would snack on fruit to quell hunger. I'd supplement my diet a little with proteins and some carbs if I planned to be doing some sort of physical activity (usually eating more than usual about 2-3 hours before my workout). I found 2 cups of coffee a day (and the occasional piece of dark chocolate) worked to balance things out as an appetite suppresant.

I wasn't at all hefty when I tried this but I did lose quite a bit of body fat (and about 10-15 lbs). I think the keys are to a) be patient in allowing your body to accept its revised food intake (initially, you'll be regularly hungry until you settle into a feeding routine) and B) balance this out with proper sleep (since, if you're continually tired, your body will demand additional energy and you'll be continually hungry).

Currently, my diet is a little less rigid since my workout routine is a lot more intense than it was in the winter but I still try to follow the same basics: carbs in the morning and to load for demanding workouts, veggies, fruits, soups as staples, avoidance of fats, avoidance of all processed foods.

I'd describe my workout goals as being lean and cut but not really pushing for excessive muscle development and the above works quite well for me.

How to figure out proper daily calories. Do you just experiment and shit? I've seriously never counted and I think I should start since I have a fucking nasty pot belly that haunts me.

And dude you don't look ecto at all. At least from the pics I've seen. Brolick ass sunuvagun.

exactly. experiment. you need to weigh your food my friend.

I used to be the skinniest person I know. I used to be 120-125 pounds at my current height (5'11") - skinnier and more frail than 99.9% of sufu kids.

I don't have any pictures of that, but here's a picture of my at 130-135 when I first started working out and eating right.

skinny.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're not trying to gain (muscle) mass, then the warrior diet isn't for you.

if you're talking about Ori's warrior diet, then yeah it's probably not ideal.

but I, like many others, do a modified warrior diet (by IA) to specifically gain mass.