supermeatheads

kunk75

on that note, I am going to go stuff myself with 1800+ calories within the next 4 hours.

I'm dreading this next week.. one whole week without little to no lifting (if anything, something at 60% capacity).

I've been training hard for 10 weeks straight and my body is telling me to take a break or it'll make me regret it.

hey random question for u guys, I've been using ab ripper x from the p90x series to help develop abs and my core that I've been too lazy to really build up for this past summer and I was wondering if there was something similar to change things up a bit. working out has never been my forte.

hey random question for u guys, I've been using ab ripper x from the p90x series to help develop abs and my core that I've been too lazy to really build up for this past summer and I was wondering if there was something similar to change things up a bit. working out has never been my forte.

dear god.. okay, what do you mean by "develop abs"?

if you mean you want a stronger core, do movements that have high core involvement (squats, deads, etc) and HEAVY ab workouts (weighted knee/leg raises, weighted sit ups, etc).

if you mean you want to get leaner and more visible abs, that's 99% diet and nothing to do with your super ab ripper xyz exercise contraption thing or anything exercise related (except cardio).

I have recurring pain in my left knee that probably originated from skateboarding for 6 years. I think it's iliotibial band syndrome but I've never had it checked out. It was really bothering me today as it usually does when it's damp and cold out. Midway through my first set of squats the pain completely disappeared. Finished out my leg workout with no pain and it's still gone. It's like my knee got loosened and warmed up or something.. 'twas awesome.

Thought I'd share.

from what i understand the ab ripper stuff is just high rep exercises for abs (no machines).

for a solid core exercise, start doing front squats

I need to start doing front squats again soon.

develop was probably way to ambiguous haha, my bad.

I don't really care about visibility but i'll focus on squats more. I've just been avoiding them because tennis messes with my knees. thanks

you could always just do heavy ab-oriented exercises too

I have recurring pain in my left knee that probably originated from skateboarding for 6 years. I think it's iliotibial band syndrome but I've never had it checked out. It was really bothering me today as it usually does when it's damp and cold out. Midway through my first set of squats the pain completely disappeared. Finished out my leg workout with no pain and it's still gone. It's like my knee got loosened and warmed up or something.. 'twas awesome.

Thought I'd share.

my knees are the same way. this past winter, I couldn't walk up a flights of stairs without taking a rest in between because of the pains in my knees.

Shouldn't really be posting in this thread as I can't claim to be a meathead, but...

Over November/December last year I managed to put on a bit too much weight and crept up to 93kg. This morning I weighed in at 74kg... Still can't see my abs and I definitely need to gain some muscle (I'm 6'2") but this is the best shape I've been in for at least 5 years. Going to carry on trying to cut as I'm still making progress then try and gradually add some calories back in and start lifting again.

same back isn't happy neither.. take the next workout or week off if something is fishy.

that's what I'm doing. no lifting until tuesday for me.

i dunno, it's an old surfing thing that's just gotten worse over the years, went to the doctor a few weeks ago, no serious spinal problem, thankfully.

dunno what it is, but yeah, prolly gonna stay off deadlifts until wed or so and eat aspirin 'til then

This scrawny dude squatted 275 today and I felt like shit. ATG, perfect form and all.

I can't fucking get 225 full range. I feel like shit.

what's your diet look like (height, weight, total calories, macros)? eating enough carbs?

what does your rep scheme for squats look like (including warm-up)? what about your accessory work? hitting your hams and glutes hard? box squats?

what's your diet look like (height, weight, total calories, macros)? eating enough carbs?

what does your rep scheme for squats look like (including warm-up)? what about your accessory work? hitting your hams and glutes hard? box squats?

Everything is in check diet wise, but I guess I'm not warming up enough nor do I have enough general conditioning I guess.

I get winded just walking up a flight of stairs sometimes!

Everything is in check diet wise, but I guess I'm not warming up enough nor do I have enough general conditioning I guess.

I get winded just walking up a flight of stairs sometimes!

how sure are you on all that? I think there may be something other than just warming up and/or conditioning if you can't do an ATG rep with 225.

I really don't think conditioning has anything to do with it at a 225 pound squat. heck, you're talking to someone who smokes and doesn't do any cardio.

how sure are you on all that? I think there may be something other than just warming up and/or conditioning if you can't do an ATG rep with 225.

I really don't think conditioning has anything to do with it at a 225 pound squat. heck, you're talking to someone who smokes and doesn't do any cardio.

Meh. Maybe I'll try harder next time.