supermeatheads

kunk75

^What are the benefits of that? And is there a company that sells it as an all in one product?

I tried chocamine for a while but all it really seemed to do was make me get very hot when I worked out. I still have a bunch left though so i'll give it a try again. Taking a rest week this week though after caning it pretty hard with Jiu Jitsu.

That's what I do too chairy! Except I added eaa/glut/taurine. I think I need to get rid of the simple sugar post workout shit. And buy some beef protein too...

yeah, same here with the glutamine and taurine.

why do you feel you should get right of your simple carbs post-workout?

so if I'm taking a post work out shake like this with EAAs

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cas.html

is additional post work supp needed charly?

but you take some BCAAs during your workout as well ? isnt it like a thick shake?

caseins and caseinates are the best for any time other than post-workout, imo.

here's what I do for post-workout:

- within 5 minutes of the end of my workout = 5g BCAA, 5g glutamine, 5g taurine, 10g creatine mono or 6g CEE, 2g beta-alanine

- 15 minutes after that = 40g whey isolate, 80-100g simple carbs (sugary cereal in my case)

- 1.5-2 hours after that = solid food with ~40/30/30 macros

as for EAAs, I would suggest you move them to directly before you start your workout

oh and the thing about the BCAAs..

I take 30g during my workout. my workouts are usually about 50 minutes long so I start them about 20 minutes in and finish it within 20 minutes.

it's not like a thick shake at all. kind of the opposite. BCAAs do not mix very well unless you use a blender (even then, it doesn't mix that well). a lot of the powder tends to float on top of my water or crystal light like a cloud or foam and I just drink it skimming it off the top.

and I do quick mirror checks because that stuff gets on the rim of your lips and looks like you've got some tyrone biggum lips going on.

and I would like to say that since I've been doing my current stack for the past few months, I've noticed that I do not get fatigued by the end of my workouts. I always walk out with some left in the tank.

I also am experiencing slightly faster recovery from workouts, which is great because I have general slow recovery.

Getting rid of the malto/dextrose because I think its causing more breakouts, and same with the whey which also bloats me up.

But I'll get rid of the whey first and see where it goes....

fair enough. I have friends that do great on whole food meals post workout too. it's really a matter of what works best for you.

I'm actually gonna get rid of my whey so if anyone wants it, PM me.

Its ATW Whey Protein Blend, I'd say about 3/5ths full.

If your working with a whey blend, it could be the concentrate thats doing it to you. If you go with a %100 pure isolate,its lactose free,and lactose generally plays a big role in bloating and digestive problems.

Concentrate and other types of whey have an increasinlgy larger amount of lactose. When I changed to %100 isolate I lost a good amount of bloat, likewise when I switched to kre-alkalyn creatine. As monohydrate caused me massive bloat and stomach cramping

As far as getting rid of dextrose/maltodextrin, a good alternative may be waxy maize. I know there are many schools of thought both for and against just how good maize is, but a scoop of maize with a scoop of BCAA's is a great drink to sip on during a workout. The only drawback, is that maize has a very starchy taste/consistancy

I started on maize as a way to avoid other carb poweders which were upsetting my stomach, and there was a notible difference in irritation with maize. It gave me a great pump as well

If your working with a whey blend, it could be the concentrate thats doing it to you. If you go with a %100 pure isolate,its lactose free,and lactose generally plays a big role in bloating and digestive problems.

Concentrate and other types of whey have an increasinlgy larger amount of lactose. When I changed to %100 isolate I lost a good amount of bloat, likewise when I switched to kre-alkalyn creatine. As monohydrate caused me massive bloat and stomach cramping

As far as getting rid of dextrose/maltodextrin, a good alternative may be waxy maize. I know there are many schools of thought both for and against just how good maize is, but a scoop of maize with a scoop of BCAA's is a great drink to sip on during a workout. The only drawback, is that maize has a very starchy taste/consistancy

I started on maize as a way to avoid other carb poweders which were upsetting my stomach, and there was a notible difference in irritation with maize. It gave me a great pump as well

I think I'll try WMS after I finish up my malto/dextrose.

As for the whole whey thing, I'm not really removing it because of bloating, I'm removing whey because I want to get rid of all dairy products. I'm pretty confident dairy products have helped my skin to look like shit.

I've read enough on peoples experience with whey and its correlation to their acne issues, and how once they got off it things cleared up.

I just purchased some beef protein isolate, I'll use that post workout instead.

I'll report back in about three months with the results of this new diet plan. I hope it works out the way I want it to....

I think I'll try WMS after I finish up my malto/dextrose.

As for the whole whey thing, I'm not really removing it because of bloating, I'm removing whey because I want to get rid of all dairy products. I'm pretty confident dairy products have helped my skin to look like shit.

I've read enough on peoples experience with whey and its correlation to their acne issues, and how once they got off it things cleared up.

I just purchased some beef protein isolate, I'll use that post workout instead.

I'll report back in about three months with the results of this new diet plan. I hope it works out the way I want it to....

Good, I hope that works out for you. Many people seem to have adverse reactions to dairy, so it seems to be a wise choice for you

Let us know how it works out for you man

I'm not particularly for or against them depending on the situation..

if you're over 22-23 years old, have a bench of 365+ and a squat/deadlift of 495+, have stalled on lifts and/or size, and want to get bigger and/or stronger, then I don't see the problem with using super supplements.

however, I would suggest going with AAS rather than prohormones..

I'm not particularly for or against them depending on the situation..

if you're over 22-23 years old, have a bench of 365+ and a squat/deadlift of 495+, have stalled on lifts and/or size, and want to get bigger and/or stronger, then I don't see the problem with using super supplements.

however, I would suggest going with AAS rather than prohormones..

This is one thing I am kind of up in the air about with regards to stats. There is so much difference with regards to your heigt and weight that one range of numbers I find isnt enough. There are not many guys( average guys not huge juiceheads) who can drop 3 45 plates plus 2 25 plates and upwards on the bar and rep out.

Likewise form ranges from perfect, too slow/fast to absolutely pathetic. I know guys who claim they bench 300 plus but they dont drop the bar to their chests and they bounce/use motion to aid them.

Likewise with squatters who dont drop all the way past seated or deadlifters who dont start deadlifting from the ground but on the elevated platform. Huge difference between the 2 as far as your max reps/weight goes

As far as the AAS over pro=-hormones argument goes, I completely agree with you sir. Many studies have shown far less negative reactions with a simple testosterone addition as opposed to loads of pro-hormones ect.

Soo I have a minor dilemma and I thought that this would be a good place on sufu to come for advice. I've got my first xc season coming up and I'm confused as to what kind of weight training I should be doing to supplement it. I started distance running this past track season and made very little gains. During this period however I was also doing a weightlifting program through the school four days a week that I've kept up for the past 2-3 years. The program really focuses on increasing max weight lifted and works a lot of compound exercises (benchpress, cleans, squats, pullups etc). It basically consisted of lowering reps and increasing weight every week until we test maxes again and I always felt pretty fatigued for the afternoon runs. This summer however I've obviously been able to cater my weightlifting more to my running schedule and I've made serious cuts on my times (probably as a result of this). While I want to continue weightlifting (don't wanna be a frail little flower of a distance runner), the program is very rigid regarding the workouts and I'm afraid that I'll be stuck in a rut with my running again. I'm tempted to keep it up though because that time slot at school would really be the only one for weightlifting. I guess what my question really boils down to is whether or not I can maintain my muscle mass and definition while still improving my running times (800m to 5k). I've had people recommend crossfit to me but I would really only be able to do that on weekends. Were I able to alter the program (highly unlikely) what would be best. I could easily nix the program but I know I'd be like 125 pounds by the end of the season. Anyways I'm sorry for this huge chunk of text but any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated

yeah i bring up the pro hormones because i purchased a nice little stack to push myself over and see what i can with some help. aside from protein and eating right (yup thats why its a rarity that i post in the food thread now) oh and hypershock for my pre workout.

im going to start this stack bulgarian tribulus and stanzabolin, honestly i dont know what i got myself into haha dont even know if i will open the bottles yet.

edit: hmm