supermeatheads

kunk75

fats are useful for energy when lowering carbs and overall calories to low fat or weight..

but if you maintain your normal eating habits and add the 750 calories from olive oil on top, it is impossible to lose weight and definite that you will gain weight.

again, maintaining your normal eating habits is key.

any tips for weight gain? besides "eat more" i have a ridiculously high metabolism, trying to add a few more lbs
fats are useful for energy when lowering carbs and overall calories to low fat or weight..

but if you maintain your normal eating habits and add the 750 calories from olive oil on top, it is impossible to lose weight and definite that you will gain weight.

again, maintaining your normal eating habits is key.

You need to post your current work out routine as well. Do you want to add muscle or just overall weight (fat/muscle)? Adding 750 calories is good but he could be burning well over that by working out.

There are various ways to bulk, some being clean some being dirty, ie eating loads of junk food but putting on fat. I would peruse bodybuilding forums for specific diets. Also compound lifts will help to put on muscle.

You need to post your current work out routine as well. Do you want to add muscle or just overall weight (fat/muscle)? Adding 750 calories is good but he could be burning well over that by working out.

There are various ways to bulk, some being clean some being dirty, ie eating loads of junk food but putting on fat. I would peruse bodybuilding forums for specific diets. Also compound lifts will help to put on muscle.

given that his current diet and lifestyle are maintaining his current weight, adding 750 will indeed cause his to put on weight.. yes, the majority will probably be fat, but weight nonetheless

Haha agreed. GOMAD is great when bulking!

On a side note...Since I haven't been to the gym for three weeks, I've decided to buy a preworkout supplement for when I finally can go back. First time buying one in yearssss.

might I suggest the following: acetyl l-carnitine, chocamine, and idebenone

can't say if it'll help you, but it helps me clear my head and focus, and I don't feel as drained which helps me to be more explosive towards the ends of my workouts

I'm in need of advice and have question for some of you..

I'm looking for a movement with full ROM to really hit my chest that doesn't work my front delts too much. the only movement that fits the category for me so far is flat dumbbell presses. I already do dips, incline dumbbell presses, and flat barbell presses, but all three of these make my shoulders work more than I'd like on certain days. I would also like to note that I prefer free weights, but I am open to machines or cables suggestions.

if anyone that can at least bench 225 for reps, chime in and offer some help to me, I'd much appreciate it.

Any suggestions for a pre-workout supplement for BJJ that will A) help me get through a 1.5hr+ muscular endurance based workout and B) not leave me needing to go piss in the middle of my workout?

I've tried caffeine pills but they just left me with an extremely dry mouth.

Any suggestions for a pre-workout supplement for BJJ that will A) help me get through a 1.5hr+ muscular endurance based workout and B) not leave me needing to go piss in the middle of my workout?

I've tried caffeine pills but they just left me with an extremely dry mouth.

chocamine.. caffeine-like effects without the dry-mouth and crash afterwards.

but neither caffeine or chocamine will help with "muscular endurance".. it'll just help you keep focused and wire you a up a little.

you may want to try creatine ethyl ester and/or taurine for A

When should I be taking my creatine? I already take it but generally a couple of hours AFTER working out (which can also be a couple of hours before, if I'm working out twice that day).

What would you recommend I mix chocamine with? Make a small protein shake?

When should I be taking my creatine? I already take it but generally a couple of hours AFTER working out (which can also be a couple of hours before, if I'm working out twice that day).

What would you recommend I mix chocamine with? Make a small protein shake?

you can take creatine whenever, but make sure you take enough.. I take about 15g of CEE a day, split into two servings. for monohydrate, most people I know with respectable lifts, suggest at least 20g a day.

as for the chocamine, I take mine a protein shake about an 1-1.5 hours before my workout. you can take it with whatever you'd like really, since it tastes and smells like cocoa powder (unsweetened).

Hey chairy , what's the alcar and idebenone for?

Also, how do you feel about beta alanine and citruline malate?

EDIT : what about 1,3 dimethylamylamin as well?

alcar is good for battling fatigue in the gym

idebenone wakes my mind up and puts me in a good mood, helps me really focus on heavy, low-rep focused workouts

I forgot to mention beta-alanine.. I just started taking it about a month ago and I'm not ready to give my opinion on it.. but it's supposed to improve endurance and performance.

I can't comment on 1,3 dimethylamylamin, since I have no experience with it.

given that his current diet and lifestyle are maintaining his current weight, adding 750 will indeed cause his to put on weight.. yes, the majority will probably be fat, but weight nonetheless

Hmm did not see that part in his post, must have missed it. Could he not just add an extra meal consisting of pizza and cheeseburgers and achieve the same results? I get the Olive Oil, but if he's not on low carb the unsaturated fats won't be used as energy as it would be if he were in ketosis.

Having a high metabolism is great when you want to cut but can be a bitch if you want to gain weight. There are many other factors he will need to consider besides just eat more, hence his original question. I still think the forums at bodybuilding.com will be more beneficial than here.

Hmm did not see that part in his post, must have missed it. Could he not just add an extra meal consisting of pizza and cheeseburgers and achieve the same results? I get the Olive Oil, but if he's not on low carb the unsaturated fats won't be used as energy as it would be if he were in ketosis.

Having a high metabolism is great when you want to cut but can be a bitch if you want to gain weight. There are many other factors he will need to consider besides just eat more, hence his original question. I still think the forums at bodybuilding.com will be more beneficial than here.

yes, it'll have similar results but more costly. olive oil is a slightly healthier and far less expensive way to add on the calories.

I'm in need of advice and have question for some of you..

I'm looking for a movement with full ROM to really hit my chest that doesn't work my front delts too much. the only movement that fits the category for me so far is flat dumbbell presses. I already do dips, incline dumbbell presses, and flat barbell presses, but all three of these make my shoulders work more than I'd like on certain days. I would also like to note that I prefer free weights, but I am open to machines or cables suggestions.

if anyone that can at least bench 225 for reps, chime in and offer some help to me, I'd much appreciate it.

bumping this. anyoneeee? :(

note that creatine intake my be different for you. I would suggest taking about 8g of CEE per day for 5 days. every 5 days, add 2 more grams, until you feel the effects flattening out.

I take 2g, twice a day. I'll up that and see how it goes.

I don't cycle it. I was just taking the recommended amount really, going to up it to 3g twice a day to start with and see how that goes. At the moment though I do P90X 3 times a week and BJJ 4-6 times a week so I'm not expecting to get huge but some extra recovery would be very welcome.

for someone who hates doing cardio....whats a good alternative? HIIT? BBall? Higher reps, lower weight?

and does anyone have a good core routine. Its ridiculous how much i neglect my core despite it being such a good source for power.

Thats how those crossfit motherfuckers are so strong

the problem with that is i already feel full all of the time with what i currently eat per day, i can't imagine trying to add another (solid) meal in there, i think it would be much easier to handle in a shake or olive oil as mentioned. anyway my workout routine isn't very intense at all, maybe an hour per day consisting of pushups, situps, pullups, benchpress, bar curls, leg lifts, dumbbell curls,etc. pretty basic stuff which is just enough to keep toned/fit. not looking to get huge just trying to add some mass while retaining my current level of 'fitness' ps.i also do a fair amount of biking/running as well.

what are your opinions on stuff like this? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html simply for tons of added calories per day in liquid form

Nooooooo don't use weight gainers, unless you use them only preworkout or postworkout.

All they are is sugar and protein, you can get the two of them cheaper in bulk if you'd like.

If you're desperate for a liquid meal replacement, try biotests metabolic drive complete. Yeah it's expensive but it's so worth it.

for someone who hates doing cardio....whats a good alternative? HIIT? BBall? Higher reps, lower weight?

and does anyone have a good core routine. Its ridiculous how much i neglect my core despite it being such a good source for power.

Thats how those crossfit motherfuckers are so strong

I'm in the same boat as you. I fucking hate cardio with a passion.

what are your goals with cardio? fat loss with minimal muscle loss? if so, I suggest any high/mod intensity, low-impact cardio such as bike, stair machine, elliptical, or treadmill with a fairly steep incline. main focus is to minimize shock to your body, such as that associated with running, to reduce CNS impact and also to keep your heart rate up while doing so.

HIIT also works, but I personally can't stand that shit.

I just started doing three 30-minute sessions of bike or elliptical a week and it's proving to be sufficient for my needs.

ROYALFETTALE

Myoplex MRP for meal replacement, cheap and efffective.

Mix with a scoop of berry powder, greens, and some teaspoons of flax seed oil and you have protein loaded with antioxidents, and great fats. Most mass gainers are absolute garbage, cheap whey concentrate and scoops of sugar. It will make you fat, no doubt

Zubin : Eliptical and stair master are murder. And to echo Mc.Chairybrown, far lighter impact on your joints then running or treadmill.

Mr.Chairybrown:I can go pretty heavy on bench for my weight, I have a few great excersises for you. I am just going to search for some diagrams as I will have a tough time explaining some of them with regards to angles and such. I will post them up tommorrow

F2D....Sup...

Mr.Chairybrown:I can go pretty heavy on bench for my weight, I have a few great excersises for you. I am just going to search for some diagrams as I will have a tough time explaining some of them with regards to angles and such. I will post them up tommorrow

thanks man, I really look forward to your post :)

the problem with that is i already feel full all of the time with what i currently eat per day, i can't imagine trying to add another (solid) meal in there, i think it would be much easier to handle in a shake or olive oil as mentioned. anyway my workout routine isn't very intense at all, maybe an hour per day consisting of pushups, situps, pullups, benchpress, bar curls, leg lifts, dumbbell curls,etc. pretty basic stuff which is just enough to keep toned/fit. not looking to get huge just trying to add some mass while retaining my current level of 'fitness' ps.i also do a fair amount of biking/running as well.

what are your opinions on stuff like this? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html simply for tons of added calories per day in liquid form

Looks decent. Solid foods are obviously a first choice but if you feel as if a shake is the only way you can get in more calories, then go for it.

Don't be afraid of getting "huge." It's not as easy as you might think to get that big. I would make sure to add some squats, dead lifts and dips into your routines. You may look at doing a 3 day split, isolating certain muscle groups. A good 5x5 program may help.