supermeatheads

kunk75

After about a whole month's worth of everyday lifting/exercise straight I decided to take four days worth of rest (with well over 45hrs+ of sleep) along with extra scrutinized nutrition.

In the past three days in my return I've been unable to pump out what I was capable of doing just before the break. I've been getting quite fatigued rather early and haven't been able to finish any of my later sets without cheating somehow.

I've been well nourished/hydrated/rested - feel great overall but my performance bitessss. Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions to help?

In the past three days in my return I've been unable to pump out what I was capable of doing just before the break..

yep i definitely get this. even if i keep up exercise in general but vary my routine ie. stop running, its always hard to get back into it and im totally wrecked after something that wasnt difficult a really short time ago.

i think it may just come down to the variation in routine

im no expert but thats just my experience.

Photo542-1.jpg

Photo529.jpg

this was taken about a month ago before i had surgery and a 21st birthday:D:p

i was lean as fuck at 135lbs and pound for pound one of the strongest guys at the gym. currently i'm half assing my paleo diet since i can't fully train because i haven't healed up from surgery but i was doing a paleo/ketosis diet

for 3-4 months.

my week consisted of 5 days a week of skill, (hitting pads, sparring, contact drills) tabata protocol 2x a week, (i'd do tabata burpees) and max strength weights 2x a week, and a ton of running/jump roping/body weight exercises.

strength days i'd wave weights to try and up my 5x5. i'd do 3 sets of 5 of 80% of my 1 rep max then the 4th set would be 1 rep max and i'd try to do 5 (most of the time did 3-4) then my last set i'd do a ridiculous amount of weight and just do 1 or until failure.

I didn't really have days where I would do "chest" or just "back" I would only do 6 lifts twice a week to achieve a fighter body w/ flat abs. sure my body wouldn't look as "ripped" as body builders or whatever the fuck but body would feel way harder and conditioned compared to dudes who'd just lift weights.

all these numbers are 5x5's.

my 5x5 would consist of benchpress or dumb bell benchpress for push. 2x 75lbs dumb bell

rows for push. 150lbs

deadlifts for pull. 245lbs

squats for push. 265lbs

weighted pullups for pull. 45lbs

military press for push. 2x 60lbs dumb bell

and for someone who's 135lbs achieving those numbers you look straight beast.

in a week when i'm back in action i'm going to go fully on this zone diet here, it's super easy to follow and it's pretty much about pairing the right foods together to achieve under 5% body fat.

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/cfjissue21_May04.pd

RESPECT

for dudes who wanna get real strong without really using weights, you should check out the book The Naked Warrior by Pavel. It'll teach you how to master the one legged pistol and one armed pushup, it only took me a month to do both of em real good.

Syc, being that I have been training for MMA for just under 5 years now i think im qualified to ask, Why the hell would you want to stay under 5% BF? only time you want to be under 5 is if you are a competing bodybuilder...

Those are some nice numbers for your size though. both my quads equal about 135 lbs :D

BTW, how tall are you?

I want to achieve under 5% body fat to get the most I can (muscle and performance wise) out of my body so I can be a bad mother fucker! I just don't like the idea of having extra body fat I don't need that could be muscle instead, I feel like I'm only cheating myself. I don't do MMA though, just straight Muay Thai, though the gym I train at is known as a "MMA" gym.

I'm short as shit, I'm like 5'6 1/2". I always wear boots to make up for the difference. I feel like at this height for my weight class it isn't that bad, I have pretty huge legs compared to everyone at my gym too. :o

ive started running about 5 times a week (trying to go everyday, but sometimes it doesn't work out) and usually either run two miles on the track or 30 mins on the elliptical since i fucked up my knee and hip when i wrestled in hs.

i don't really sprint anymore because i used to run longer distances for wrestling and got in the habit of conserving myself for 3-6 mile runs.

will incorporating sprints help with weight loss or should i just keep trying to fix my janky ass poor-college-because-i-spent-my-money-on-jawnz diet?

I want to achieve under 5% body fat to get the most I can (muscle and performance wise)

Your body needs fat. and more then 5%. why do you think the top athletes in the world are not under 5% BF??

Even the Thai guys you see in Thailand that are REAL bad motherfuckers are well over 5% BF. Its not practical or useful...

Good luck on your journey though Bro. Keep us updated with pics when you get down that low.

hows everyone been doing?

Cutting for my wedding is killing me. I have lost 19lbs of fat in 17 days. my strength is non existent. I got one more week...

I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but your strength is nonexistent because you have probably lost a shit-ton of water weight and muscle mass to go along with the fat.

Managed to grab some extra hours at work so I'm going to be able to afford a gym membership again! Time to find a place with a real squat rack!

a gym ain't a gym without a squat rack ;)

ive started running about 5 times a week (trying to go everyday, but sometimes it doesn't work out) and usually either run two miles on the track or 30 mins on the elliptical since i fucked up my knee and hip when i wrestled in hs.

i don't really sprint anymore because i used to run longer distances for wrestling and got in the habit of conserving myself for 3-6 mile runs.

will incorporating sprints help with weight loss or should i just keep trying to fix my janky ass poor-college-because-i-spent-my-money-on-jawnz diet?

if you don't care about losing muscle mass nor building muscle mass, then running is fine for weight loss.

if you do care about those things, then shoot for HIIT or basic low-impact, high-intensity cardio

Your body needs fat. and more then 5%. why do you think the top athletes in the world are not under 5% BF??

Even the Thai guys you see in Thailand that are REAL bad motherfuckers are well over 5% BF. Its not practical or useful...

Good luck on your journey though Bro. Keep us updated with pics when you get down that low.

reading about everyones lifting plans i realise i dont have one at all. i just go on my garage and do whatever takes my fancy

ive got a bench press and free weights at home. can anyone suggest a program that is effective using just those weights?

get a safety rack and that's all you really need.

maybe an inclining bench too.

After a cheat day today with a full belly of Taco Bell I went into absolute BEAST mode today.

Two that stood out were 310 on squats and 275 on dead lifts both done 4x7 (and both all-time highs).

I wish I were able to do that daily. Taco Bell is fcking delicious. I guess my numbers were decent too.

I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but your strength is nonexistent because you have probably lost a shit-ton of water weight and muscle mass to go along with the fat.

Actually, No! :D

2,4-Dinitrophenol google it.

I have GAINED water weight. And in the case of 2,4-Dinitrophenol, it takes all the ATP that your body converts from food and uses it. Thus leaving you with no ATP to do any type of work.

I get winded eating right now...

holy fuck..

I know what that is.

just didn't think anyone (that's not listed below) was that stupid to use it.

hope you have a very good reason for fucking up you body.

because, at the moment, I can only think of three reasons to take DNP..

1. you're a competitive bodybuilder

2. for some reason you need to get lean very quickly

3. you don't care if you're destroying your liver, immune system, etc. in which case, this whole post is moot.

holy fuck..

I know what that is.

just didn't think anyone (that's not listed below) was that stupid to use it.

hope you have a very good reason for fucking up you body.

because, at the moment, I can only think of three reasons to take DNP..

1. you're a competitive bodybuilder

2. for some reason you need to get lean very quickly

3. you don't care if you're destroying your liver, immune system, etc. in which case, this whole post is moot.

Find me one reputable study by a reputable person (university, ect) that shows DNP causes liver problems at ALL and I will paypal you $100 dollars.

Find me one reputable study by a reputable person (university, ect) that shows DNP causes liver problems at ALL and I will paypal you $100 dollars.

"These results indicate that uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation decreases ROS production and restoration of oxidative phosphorylation enhances ROS production and liver damage."

University of Philly

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1322018

WHERES MAHHH MUNNNIESSSSSS

//

edit

Real talk dude , why would you do something so damaging when there are easier solutions? Why didn't you think about dieting ahead of time, and taking a healthier approach?

Sweet thread bros. I am going warrior diet.

This may have been asked, but I searched and couldn't find it...

Anyone just do straight powerlifting maxOT type workouts with the warrior diet?

I am lifting 5-7 days a week on a 5 day split with ~3 exercises of 3 sets each per body part, 4-6 reps each, followed by 10 min of cardio a day. Any suggestions for a workout better suited for the diet?

I looked at the CFT and it seems kinda kooky.

I remember seeing a study a while back that showed rats that took it had lesions on their kidneys and livers, but I can't remember seeing one for humans.

but I weigh the anecdotal evidence from experienced people just as much, if not more, as scientific evidence on topics of weightlifting/bodybuilding/powerlifting.

Actually, No! :D

2,4-Dinitrophenol google it.

I have GAINED water weight. And in the case of 2,4-Dinitrophenol, it takes all the ATP that your body converts from food and uses it. Thus leaving you with no ATP to do any type of work.

I get winded eating right now...

Jesus fucking Christ. Do you not understand how oxidative phosphorylation works? Uncoupling the ATP production from O2 generation is the way several poisons work.

While uncouplers do exist in nature, for example thermogenins in brown adipose tissue for bears, 2,4-DNP is a poison. Also, considering it's a BENZENE DERIVATIVE, have fun with increased cancer thanks to mutation, not to mention the cellular damage you're incurring by destroying a key cellular energy pathway.

Also, just in case you don't believe me:

http://www.library.spscc.ctc.edu/electronicreserve/bio113/rushton/TwoDeaths.pdf

cited 9 times

http://books.google.com/books?id=PyUSgdZUGr4C&lpg=PA1263&ots=IJXUc4r_p-&dq=2%2C4-dnp%20in%20humans&pg=PA1263#v=onepage&q=2,4-dnp%20in%20humans&f=false

just a basic biochem chapter on 2,4-dnp mechanisms.

You are a fucking idiot. Take a look at the Wikipedia page and kindly note its hazard ratings. 3 for health. Not 0, man. Taken short-term, you're asking for hyperthermia, associated cardiac problems and coma, and long-term, you're asking for organ transplants.

chariy, these are the kind of people who give rise to the term 'meathead.'