supermeatheads

kunk75

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody here can do planche pushups?

That's one of my goals in next year

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyuJ3T0sQ88&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyuJ3T0sQ88&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

what's the most efficient way to carry around protein powder/make shakes? i'm thinking that i'll just buy one of those re-usable bottles, pour my powder in at the beginning of the day if i have to go somewhere, and just buy a bottle of water or something and mix it later. i hate carrying around a ziplock bag and making a funnel or some shit so i can pour my powder in a bottle

Downloading P90X, got the first workout and I'm just watching it now. Looks tough but doable at my own pace. I think I'm gonna cancel my gym membership for a while and just do this and BJJ as I think it'll probably be more helpful.

its not sustainable,dont waste your time

I don't know how much talk there is in this thread about P90x, because I've only been reading the last couple pages. But I thought I would make a post about my personal experience and results from the P90x program as I think there are a lot of misconceptions and possible outcomes from the program.

I initially started bulking at the weight 145 lbs (5"10) pretty average stats. Lean body type, no real muscle or definition. I did a bulking process for nearly 6 months and took protein shakes 5/7 days of the week, following my gym schedule religiously. After 6 months I weighed in at 165 lbs - a whole lot bigger, but had pretty high body fat from poor dieting and all the milk protein shakes. When I began P90x I had dropped down to 155 lbs after a few months break from the gym.I finished P90x at 160 lbs, much less body fat, a lot more lean but nearly the same weight as when I did some serious bulking. Results were amazing. I was more cut then I had ever achieved through bulking, and overall very muscular slim build compared to my previous bulk one.

P90x is an extremely time consuming program. Expect 2 hours out of 6 days a week to be reserved solely to the program, even though it can be done at the comfort of your home. And the important part is do not skip workouts. I am a sole believer that P90x is only effective as a whole, and each part is like a puzzle piece essential to the final product. The Yoga section may seem like a load of crap to you - in fact, two hours of crap - but stick to it. Each part of the program is in there, planned out, for a specific reason.

At first glance the workouts in P90x may seem easily do-able. In fact, most meatheads at the gym claim the workout is better for females who are looking to get toned. In part, they are correct; P90x's focus is on achieving a lean muscle, NOT bulking. But they are incorrect to assume the workouts are easy. In fact, I have never gone through so much hell from a routine as I did with P90x.

The reason the workouts in P90x are so hard is because they are high demanding, cardio intensive workouts. The workouts may look easy, but absolutely correct form is required and you should NEVER take the easy way out with P90x workouts. The program is specifically designed to give you smaller steps if you cannot achieve the right form in the beggining and works your way to the harder workouts (this is especially true for the notorious Ab Ripper X; by the end of the 90 days, I still couldn't complete the workout entirely).

The last few things I want to say about P90x is understand that its a program you can only get out as much as you put into it. I know the saying applies for pretty much all workout programs, but don't expect to see any results if you're going through P90x half-assed. With that said, good luck to yo sir and anyone else who attempts the program ;)

couldnt be bothered reading

I havent worked out in two months. Someone help me out quick quick quick.

A little bit of this

humangrowthhormone.jpg

A couple of CCs of this test1k.jpg

And a fuckin whack of these ( the breakfast of champions)

dianabolpinkthaibddbola.jpg

I may not be able to make you "kunked" but its a good start

• 2 weeks later...
Guest on-display

don't neg me for this but how does someone get smaller/leaner? (not cutting) i.e. going from a muscular build to an athletic build. do you just stop working out until you lose muscle mass? decrease food intake?

don't neg me for this but how does someone get smaller/leaner? (not cutting) i.e. going from a muscular build to an athletic build. do you just stop working out until you lose muscle mass? decrease food intake?

I should he bitch man slap you through the interwebs for that one

In all seriousness, altering your diet to reduce calories and changing your routine to circuit training will help immensely. You don't necessarily have to quit the gym to loose mass

Not fitting into jawnz the way you want to anymore?

Been using Creatine since March. Gained about 15 lbs. I want to get off it now. I've been taking 5 g a day since March, if I drop it completely, should I expect a huge loss in strength or size? I already know I'll be losing water weight but that isn't a problem.

Been using Creatine since March. Gained about 15 lbs. I want to get off it now. I've been taking 5 g a day since March, if I drop it completely, should I expect a huge loss in strength or size? I already know I'll be losing water weight but that isn't a problem.

Generally you do 2 months on 1 month off, due to the creatine turning into a waste product called "creatinine" which can put a toll on the liver. Kre-alkalyn based versions dont convert to the waste product

If you were doing monohydrate, you will loose some weight. Monohydrate causes far more bloating then newer versions of creatine, so the weight you will loose will be water weight anyways.

You strength wont drop of massively , but your endurance will probably drop a notch or 2

Two Injury/Therapy questions for you meatheads.

Does anyone know what the hell my problems are? They're basically making it impossible to do upper body workouts besides pull-ups. Would building up strength through those exercise bands help?

I am no doctor, but I have a few ideas

I broke my wrist biking as a kid, and when the break healed, my body began to use my wrist in un-natural angles/ways so as not to put pressure on where the break happened. By doing this it weakened my tendons/connective tissue in my wrist.

I took glucosamine for a few months and it made a big difference. Mind you it takes a few months before real change occurs, but it did wonders for me when it kicked in

As for your elbow, it sounds almost like scar tissue or bone fragmentation. I would get an x-ray to be sure, if it bothers you that much now it will be hell later on.

If this just happened when you began working out, it could also be tennis elbow. A cortisone shot from your doctor should fix that ( as well as some rest)

Two Injury/Therapy questions for you meatheads.

I have a busted up left wrist from skateboarding when I was younger. It was always intermittent but now when I put any real pressure on it, it hurts so much I have to stop the exercise (dips and even push-ups). If I do knuckle-ups the wrist is fine. Which leads me to...

A fucked up left elbow. Ok, feel the gap in the elbow bones (no idea what they're called) that would normally rest against your body. In my left elbow there's a little bundle of something that kind of pops in and of the bones that doesn't happen with the right elbow. This keeps me from doing any sort of tricep focused exercise. When I do if feels like that mystery bundle gets trapped in the bones and hurts like hell.

Does anyone know what the hell my problems are? They're basically making it impossible to do upper body workouts besides pull-ups. Would building up strength through those exercise bands help?

You should probably see a doctor.