supermeatheads

kunk75

Is it okay to take creatine at the same time as fat loss supps like CLA? ( http://www.wheydepot.com/en/fat_lo/CLA_Conjugated_Linoleic_Acid_.html )

I researched this issue as well awhile back. Here's a link I found useful information at (I tend to save links on advice I try out):

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-27613.html

In short, the combination is fine. There should be no interference, but keep in mind that creatine may make you looked bloated which might visually contradict results from a fat loss supplement.

In the end I stopped using fat loss supplements. I jumped into the p90x program and it worked wonders. High intensity workouts that burned fat and gave me a real lean-muscular build as a result. I recommend it to someone whose looking for a lean/toned build rather than bulking up, and for those who can make the time for the demanding schedule of the program.

I would advice program and dieting over any fat loss supplement... mainly to avoid any complications from all the different kinds of fat loss supplements. Natural is the way to go.

Some guy at my local apt gym would always come in with his portable DVD player and bust out his p90x videos. I never really questioned it because the dude was cut and looked like he knew what he was doing. The only problem is we would use the same dumbells. Often times we would find each other waiting for the other guy so we can get our hands on the weights.

Then I came in and saw someone stole all the dumbbells over 45lbs. Which were the only weights the guy used. I also noticed that p90x guy stopped coming in.

Yes, it could be a coincidence. Or maybe he stopped coming when he saw those weights were gone. But realistically, its probably much more sinister than that. I just want the p90x guy to know that I'm on the goddamn case. And if any wrong doing was committed by him I will nail his ass to the wall.

No homo.

When I say "Nail his ass to the wall" I mean continue to pay for the real gym I go to now because its still better.

Downloading P90X, got the first workout and I'm just watching it now. Looks tough but doable at my own pace. I think I'm gonna cancel my gym membership for a while and just do this and BJJ as I think it'll probably be more helpful.

I don't know how much talk there is in this thread about P90x, because I've only been reading the last couple pages. But I thought I would make a post about my personal experience and results from the P90x program as I think there are a lot of misconceptions and possible outcomes from the program.

I initially started bulking at the weight 145 lbs (5"10) pretty average stats. Lean body type, no real muscle or definition. I did a bulking process for nearly 6 months and took protein shakes 5/7 days of the week, following my gym schedule religiously. After 6 months I weighed in at 165 lbs - a whole lot bigger, but had pretty high body fat from poor dieting and all the milk protein shakes. When I began P90x I had dropped down to 155 lbs after a few months break from the gym.I finished P90x at 160 lbs, much less body fat, a lot more lean but nearly the same weight as when I did some serious bulking. Results were amazing. I was more cut then I had ever achieved through bulking, and overall very muscular slim build compared to my previous bulk one.

P90x is an extremely time consuming program. Expect 2 hours out of 6 days a week to be reserved solely to the program, even though it can be done at the comfort of your home. And the important part is do not skip workouts. I am a sole believer that P90x is only effective as a whole, and each part is like a puzzle piece essential to the final product. The Yoga section may seem like a load of crap to you - in fact, two hours of crap - but stick to it. Each part of the program is in there, planned out, for a specific reason.

At first glance the workouts in P90x may seem easily do-able. In fact, most meatheads at the gym claim the workout is better for females who are looking to get toned. In part, they are correct; P90x's focus is on achieving a lean muscle, NOT bulking. But they are incorrect to assume the workouts are easy. In fact, I have never gone through so much hell from a routine as I did with P90x.

The reason the workouts in P90x are so hard is because they are high demanding, cardio intensive workouts. The workouts may look easy, but absolutely correct form is required and you should NEVER take the easy way out with P90x workouts. The program is specifically designed to give you smaller steps if you cannot achieve the right form in the beggining and works your way to the harder workouts (this is especially true for the notorious Ab Ripper X; by the end of the 90 days, I still couldn't complete the workout entirely).

The last few things I want to say about P90x is understand that its a program you can only get out as much as you put into it. I know the saying applies for pretty much all workout programs, but don't expect to see any results if you're going through P90x half-assed. With that said, good luck to yo sir and anyone else who attempts the program ;)

I guess p90x is fine for people looking to simply achieve cut abs. But in terms of strength/muscle gains...there are better ways to attain them.

Yes its not a great workout for strength (with the exception of mental strength) or huge muscle gains. You will find some muscle gain, but lean muscle, and how much also depends on your dieting. I agree that are other programs much better and geared towards that goal.

But its not just getting cut for abs... You will be cut and have definition all over. The goal is to get cut, and its a great program for those that are bulk working down to a more leaner, cut body type, or those who just want to achieve lean definition from the start. I still have the strength to bench 80 dumbell sets so my strength didn't really grow nor go away, but my chest is much more defined then when I bulked.

Well there are a few things to consider here, firstly my gym is terrible - it's a local council run place and is mainly populated with old people and teenagers. It doesn't have a squat rack or an olympic bar, it's just very cheap compared to other gyms. Secondly, I already do a lot of bodyweight exercises during BJJ class and many BJJ moves have parallels with bodyweight exercises so that aspect appeals to me. Thirdly, I'd describe my body type as chubby with above average muscle tone. I could REALLY benefit from "toning up" rather than bulking up right now.

When I said doable btw, I meant that I can do it at my own pace and gradually push myself to do more each time. Believe me, it doesn't look easy to me!

225 and 800. for deadlift thats tough but doable

CLA and creatine, you wont see any problems but some ingredients in the cla does compete with the creatine for the same receptors, so try taking one in the morning and the other at least 6 hours apart. Drink lots of water and you shouldnt be bloated.

p90x, its succesful because its HIIT-ish high intesive workout. Any complex you design that is high intensive , will work out to get you cut, everyones just pansy to make a workout thatll make you puke.

What's a good diet to maintain and increase muscle tone?

I don't take powders, only natural foods.

A basic way to go about it is no carbs after 8:00pm, only brown/unprocessed grains for carbs, and lots of protein from chicken breast, fish, and lean beef

Separate your meals into 5 small meals instead of 3 larger ones

Drink lots of water, your body functions far better ( ie burns fat) on lots of water

lower back exercises? I don't have love-handles (yet), but I am looking to keep them off for as long as I can. lower-back extension machine at my gym sucks, anything I can do separate of a machine like that that would be beneficial?

^ Unfortunately you cant target fat loss, if your getting some fat you have to diet for all over loss. But you can get those muscles stronger and more built though.

Heres a page with some of the best ( along with videos) http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/search.asp?muscle=Lower%20Back

Deadlifts will take a while to get used to, but they are a fantastic lower back excersise