35% cash back on eBay purchases (Buy it Now) up to $250

cpaik

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you pretty sure? cause you're wrong. The cashback program was created to stimulate INTEREST in the LIVE search engine and get more people to switch over from google.

LOL you act like the US government told microsoft to create a cashback promotion to get americans to start spending money again - and only on ebay. do you realize how naive that sounds?

here's a source if you had any doubts.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/20/microsoft-to-offer-cash-back-to-search-engine-users/

no shit? did I say anything about the US fucking govenment?

obviously using live.com/eBay/paypal was a given in the whole situation (increasing live.com searches by default) but they were able to pay out all this money because the increase in spending caused by the program. Of course live.com would like to continue increasing interest in their searches engine but the abuse of the program made them pay out a lot more than they had expected (when analysed in a per search function) leading them to decide that it wasnt the best/cheapest way to get their name out there...

are you pretty sure? cause you're wrong. The cashback program was created to stimulate INTEREST in the LIVE search engine and get more people to switch over from google.

LOL you act like the US government told microsoft to create a cashback promotion to get americans to start spending money again - and only on ebay. do you realize how naive that sounds?

here's a source if you had any doubts.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/20/microsoft-to-offer-cash-back-to-search-engine-users/

this is true. i lived with an ebay employee. He explained to me why microsoft was doing this since he was assigned to the project.

edit: sorry not picking sides didnt know you two were interweb argueing

• 2 months later...
It was never 35% It was 25% cash back from Microsoft and a 10% instant deduction from ebay itself

naw, i've gotten 35% cashback when it first started.. the banner itself even said 35%..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...