Comme des Garçons for H&M

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vancouver was a madhouse. There was a line down the block and the people there all came with either friends or family. The two items rule was in effect but nobody cared. Attempts were made at crowd control, such as security guards telling people they couldn't hold a place in line, but no one really listened. As soon as the door opened people just barged in.

The men's stuff was gone in an instant. My friend barely got a size 42 plaid overstitched suit and I got the same suit in a 36 purely by luck. People were shoving and pushing and most of the people just grabbed everything off the rack. Everyone had at least 2 to 3 of everything. Most of them looked like resellers as they weren't even looking at the sizes.

I asked a guy kindly since he was holding a few peacoats, 2 smalls and maybe 2 or 3 larges if I could take a small off him for myself. He told me he didn't speak English and walked away. Tried this with a few people that had more than one peacoats but no one was willing to budge.

At the very end I saw this very tall man with his girlfriend/wife near a rack with 4 (FOUR!!!!) peacoats and pretty much 2 of every item in the collection. They looked European but were very poorly dressed. I went up to see if I can get a peacoat the woman told me to, "screw off." The man then growled, "git!" I was not aware people used that word to other people. It was very shocking and offensive.

I saw them load everything into a van later on. Guess half the store went to them.

I also did not see a single wallet, not even in someone's hand.

Very disappointing.

Vancouver was a madhouse. There was a line down the block and the people there all came with either friends or family. The two items rule was in effect but nobody cared. Attempts were made at crowd control, such as security guards telling people they couldn't hold a place in line, but no one really listened. As soon as the door opened people just barged in.

The men's stuff was gone in an instant. My friend barely got a size 42 plaid overstitched suit and I got the same suit in a 36 purely by luck. People were shoving and pushing and most of the people just grabbed everything off the rack. Everyone had at least 2 to 3 of everything. Most of them looked like resellers as they weren't even looking at the sizes.

I asked a guy kindly since he was holding a few peacoats, 2 smalls and maybe 2 or 3 larges if I could take a small off him for myself. He told me he didn't speak English and walked away. Tried this with a few people that had more than one peacoats but no one was willing to budge.

At the very end I saw this very tall man with his girlfriend/wife near a rack with 4 (FOUR!!!!) peacoats and pretty much 2 of every item in the collection. They looked European but were very poorly dressed. I went up to see if I can get a peacoat the woman told me to, "screw off." The man then growled, "git!" I was not aware people used that word to other people. It was very shocking and offensive.

I saw them load everything into a van later on. Guess half the store went to them.

I also did not see a single wallet, not even in someone's hand.

Very disappointing.

What time was this? I figure right in the morning then?

What a heap of douchebaggery. I empathize.

They don't. This how is people usually address dogs.

yeah i was at the office debating whether to go. At 9:30 I just decided to check it out. I work right at Howe and West Hastings so I just wandered over. It was already crazy at 9:35.

I wouldn't have stayed if my friend didn't see me wandering around looking at the line up and hollered me over. That was when the security guard told me I couldn't budge in line. So I told my buddy what I wanted and asked him to grab me one if he saw it. I went to the back of the line and waited. But while there I saw throngs of people show up and just shove their way into the line with their friends. Whatever.

My friend was in the front of the line with maybe only 15 people in front of him. He is about 6 feet tall and 180lbs, a big guy. It only took about 2 minutes for the whole crowd to make their way into the store but when I got in, despite the fact that he was one of the first in line, he was just standing in the middle of the store with a deer in headlight look on his face as people just rushed around him.

I only got the suit because someone had dropped it off the pile they were hording in their arms and didn't notice and it just happend to be a 36. My buddy grabbed his right before some girl was about to yank it from him. She actually asked him, "are you really going to take that?"

It was horrific and the guys I talked to at H&M all agreed that it could've been handled better and they weren't expecting the amount of people that turned up.

I did see them enforce the two item rule though at the cash, but most people just passed the stuff to their friends behind them. It was pretty sad.

The most ridiculous part was when we were at the cash there were people standing around asking everyone if they could have their comme des garcons hangers. PLASTIC HANGERS!!!!!! I mean, come on, that's retarded.

Overall, pretty disappointing. The clothes were decent though.

I went during my lunch break to the 5th ave store planning on getting a suit, the polo, and the diagonal cut button downs. They had all of that but the quality was SO shitty that I didnt pick anything up. The polo was so thin and flimsy, the suit was made of wool that seemed like the cheapest roughest wool I've ever seen and the shirts were garbage material. Careful buying on ebay because you might be very disappointing

peacoat fits great ill post pics later

i got lucky, my friends were front 50 in line, (line was 300 deep when i got there), i got there only 20mins before opening but managed to get in quick.

grabbed random shit, ended up not buying that much... im throwing stuff on supermarket soon, womens shit slayed mens shit

peacoat is nice, fit and quality is decent i think i will keep

Peacoat looks good. Maybe I should have dropped by, I guess I'm used to Nomad's line ups where they let 5 at a time haha. Looks like your chances are as good as anyone else.

Was the line up inside the Eaton Center or outside?

i feel like the success of these collabos really has very little to do with who the designers are, its just the general h&m going public getting jazzed up at the chance for 'designer' pieces at a peasant status price

i mean, at least in toronto, they advertised the launch on the back of the metro (the paper), and i saw very few stylish looking cats in the store when i was there

i feel like the success of these collabos really has very little to do with who the designers are, its just the general h&m going public getting jazzed up at the chance for 'designer' pieces at a peasant status price

i mean, at least in toronto, they advertised the launch on the back of the metro (the paper), and i saw very few stylish looking cats in the store when i was there

supremexdior asian in front of me today at EC

yeeeeeee boy

supposedly SF only got 3 lolita dresses and right when they opened, an employee grabbed all 3 for herself.

i got there an hour after it opened and it was still a madhouse, all that was left was consolidated onto one rack. everytime an employee would return stuff to the rack, they were picked clean (by fobs and asian moms) before they can even reach the rack. everyone was just grabbing shit and trading with other shoppers. surprisingly i managed to eventually get most the stuff i wanted.

went back to h&m and bugged the employees that I wanted one of the shirts, I talked to the manager and she called the nyc store if they could send the shirt over and they said yeah

they were suppposedly supposed to get a small restock so nyc heads be on the lookout tommorow or monday..

Like an idiot i went to the Montreal store after work to find nothing from the mens collection but TONS of womens shit. I enen went upstairs thinking they had split mans and womens...but it really was all gone. Even at 7:30 pm there were tons of people rummaging through the piles.

Quality is normal H&M, no better. I wanted the suit, but too bad so sad.

Hahaha. Ebay is so flooded with overpriced cdg jawns. I can't wait for a week or two when people are still trying to unload all this stuff and the hype isn't what it used to be. Prices are gonna drop. Since it doesn't seem like anyone actually bought this stuff to wear.

Haha. I actually like a good amount of the collection, but i'll just chalk it up as a loss since i don't really "need" any of it and don't want to pay extra. Maybe in a month or two when i have more monies and people begin to tire of the hype clothes they bought i'll grab some shit. Good luck, mang. I wish i could resell some stuff. Need cash.