Koreans I need your help!

djrajio

oh yeah, kimchigirl, if you're ever out and about in Shinchon and see that girl that was with me back in August at that bar we were at, bitchslap her for me if you see her wearing Margiela line 10/Dior Homme tops or carrying an Hermes Herliner tote bag in that brown color from 2004. Thanks.

relationships? when did anyone ever mention anything about relationships? I have little to no experience in those. If you add up all the hours and days, they still won't bely my age.

What I do know, though, is the chase. ;)

still slutty. :P

oh yeah, kimchigirl, if you're ever out and about in Shinchon and see that girl that was with me back in August at that bar we were at, bitchslap her for me if you see her wearing Margiela line 10/Dior Homme tops or carrying an Hermes Herliner tote bag in that brown color from 2004. Thanks.

thanks. i needed to do something about this broiling rage inside me. i'll make sure i smack that chick real good.

what is the story behind Japanese gals and the Herliner? Those bags are of like mythical proportion over there.... my ex-girlfriend had like 10 of them, no joke.

What is there to know?

It's the cheapest entry-level Hermes bag line. Hermes started it exclusively to cater to Japanese girls who couldn't afford to drop 2k-3k on a bag.

It's more played out than Burberry check nowadays though.

Prolly the only other thing more played out is the Bvlargi B-Zero1 collection....

s_Y10020.jpg

haha the B-Zero. Damn, I miss Japan, I haven't been in a couple years now. Will have to try to get a crack at it this year if I can. My sense of humor is waning these days because I don't get the daily fodder like I do in Asia.

I am at a crossroads, where I have wondering lately if I should go all out and do Korea until there's no more to be done, and just keep building on all the useless knowledge I already have, or if I should try a new country and start from scratch...

That canned demiglace sauce stuff gives me flashbacks to this daycare my parents sent me to when I was 3. That place served institutional-style beef stew every single day, and after lunch we were forced to take naps and those who couldn't sleep were paddled with a wooden spoon with an angry face sharpie'd on it, by a dyke named Bobbi.

I mentioned that to my friend just last month, whom I hadn't talked to in 20 years, and he said the same thing.

Oh, ok. I was scared for a minute there. Is it actually a pretty nice approximation of the real thing? Sounds interesting if it works ok.

It's for putting on omelettes filled with rice. (0)

Wait, stop the thread!!!! The Japs know how to make demi-glace!!??? WTF!!! Next you’ll tell me chimps know how to operate space shuttles.

Alot of yoshoku places in japan make demiglace, well their own version of demiglace. The process can take days to weeks to make.

Singaporean lurkers of this thread, could any of you weigh in with the following information about your country:

-ease for an American citizen to stay in your country, with no intention to work, and maximum length of stay on a tourist visa?

-cost of renting reasonably nice accomodations per month, on average; in a fairly interesting neighborhood? Luxury is not necessary, but squalor is not my steez

-cost of living in comparison to Tokyo?

-ratio of fit women vs. the uglies? Realistically. You can include those 7.5 and up, and fat calves aren't a dealbreaker as long as girls tend to wear pants in your country.

-ratio of fit women vs. the uglies? Realistically. You can include those 7.5 and up, and fat calves aren't a dealbreaker as long as girls tend to wear pants in your country.

Based on some of my banking buddies that got transferred over to Singapore, its pretty bad in terms of hotties compared to Tokyo...

speaking of food, I wanted to inform all the lurkers of this ever-informative, all-authoritative guide on Korean women, that unmarried Korean women can't cook. They are really good, however, at producing upon call and being able to use even the lowliest of digital cameras to take a well-framed, shallow-depth photo of any dish that looks remotely fancy at any given restaurant you might take them to on a date, which they thereby upload to their homepage. If you were hoping for a ham and cheese sandwich though, expect aberrations such as ketchup, sweet gherkin pickles, raw cabbage, and sweet corn.

speaking of food, I wanted to inform all the lurkers of this ever-informative, all-authoritative guide on Korean women, that unmarried Korean women can't cook. They are really good, however, at producing upon call and being able to use even the lowliest of digital cameras to take a well-framed, shallow-depth photo of any dish that looks remotely fancy at any given restaurant you might take them to on a date, which they thereby upload to their homepage. If you were hoping for a ham and cheese sandwich though, expect aberrations such as ketchup, sweet gherkin pickles, raw cabbage, and sweet corn.

I dated a korean-american girl who proudly stated that she doesn't cook. I couldn't believe dat shit. At least lie. One of my ex's was an amazing cook.

Based on some of my banking buddies that got transferred over to Singapore, its pretty bad in terms of hotties compared to Tokyo...

This was what I was worried about. I see those Singaporean super models pop up now and then, and I think to myself, damn, I'd like to see what that's about, but I get the feeling the average girls out in the pubs and clubs probably wouldn't cut it. I am disappointed by Hong Kong as well. You see like 1 incredible, jaw-dropping woman, followed by 99 uglies.

Seoul girls have repulsive taste in just about everything and anything and drive me crazy, but fuck me if every 5th girl you see out on the streets on a nice day isn't tappable. It's an evil trap.

Alot of yoshoku places in japan make demiglace, well their own version of demiglace. The process can take days to weeks to make.

Traditional demi-glace can take 3-4 days to make but people who say they take a week to prepare it are trying to sell you something.

I dated a korean-american girl who proudly stated that she doesn't cook. I couldn't believe dat shit. At least lie. One of my ex's was an amazing cook.

Where is the pride in that? I see that as some sort of failure at life, to not be able to do something as self-supporting and necessary as making yourself something to eat. Reeks of some Joy Luck Club.

Traditional demi-glace can take 3-4 days to make but people who say they take a week to prepare it are trying to sell you something.

This is more of one of those restaurateur idiosyncrasies that exist within food cultures ran by men, a shits and giggles thing. I think it's cute and quaint in a way.

I dont know. When you take 3-4 days to prepare, then let it rest in the fridge for a week, before reheating, does that count?

I'd go with Dismal's explanation. I mean you can let it rest for 24 hrs, yeah but you can also freeze it for 6 months and I won't factor it in the preparation time. Anyway might also be due to the Japanese method that could include some weird local process.

without a doubt.

singapore is far from bad, but i found there were a lot of really attractive women in tokyo.

This is more of one of those restaurateur idiosyncrasies that exist within food cultures ran by men, a shits and giggles thing. I think it's cute and quaint in a way.

Men are def more OCD when it comes to food preparation.

I'd go with Dismal's explanation. I mean you can let it rest for 24 hrs, yeah but you can also freeze it for 6 months and I won't factor it in the preparation time. Anyway might also be due to the Japanese method that could include some weird local process.

Japanese people beast out over places where they keep the stock simmering for years on end. You can eat ramen where they haven't turned the burner off or cleaned the pot for the stock since the store opened. It's like JFK's flame, except in some sort of weird health code violation culinary way.

Anyhow, they do eat a surprising amount of that stuff over there, demiglace is not only a topping for the aforementioned omurice and hamburg steaks, etc, it's also the basis for Japanese-style beef stew which is much closer in preparation and taste to beef bourguignon than actual Anglicized beef stew, Hayashi Rice, and a number of other dishes.

without a doubt.

singapore is far from bad, but i found there were a lot of really attractive women in tokyo.

Japanese women know how to do their hair makeup better than other women of the world. (1.5) There are undoubtedly many beautiful girls in the J-land, but honestly I think that whole slight tan/bright makeup scheme/brown hair era that caught on in the mid to late '90s really took Japanese girls to some next level sexy. Without all the eye makeup and plain hair though, with some frumpy clothes and sans the heels, a lot of those girls would be solid 4's or 5's at best, and a lot look downright terrifying. Luckily, as long as you just date them, a lot of them won't even show you their face without makeup. (2)

Korean girls are about the same way, though they wear less mascara so it's less of a shock when you see them without. I pick them as they come, but man there have been some surprises when that makeup comes off, let me tell you that.

This girl manages to not be a victim of sans-makeup ugly, she is cute in this genetically altered-chromosome kinda way and surprisingly not 100% plastic like most Korean tv stars are:

without:kim_tae_hee-4.jpg

with:u1345p28t3d2000325f326dt20080423161309.jpg

Her steez need a bit of work, but she's probably the best that 60 million people have got.

Men are def more OCD when it comes to food preparation.

This is why some countries, like Korea, where men don't cook, will never have food cultures that really progress and be taken seriously. I bet if the world still exists in 100 years, Korean food is still generally going to be ye olde Kim's Korean BBQ house, chunks of meat, soup, side dishes, rice.