College Rejection Letters

branespload

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i applieeeddd....

first of all i got recruited to nyu, sd, and ucla for swimming but no scholarschips. I didnt apply anywhere xcept sjsu cuz i figure ill just get some offers and take the first one with the most money. My buddy got scholarship and the school filled out the app for him and all he was set annnddd nothing happened to me.sadlife.

anyways going to jc, way smarter than anyone here, saving money, hoping to transfer next year to cal poly SLO for architecture. tough but doable.

I had a bad gpa 3.0 but got 2020 on my SAT i was like average at my schoool so it didnt really help. Everyone i know got fked over last year because of the large influx of applicants to state schools. I remember two years ago my friend got into berkely with a 3.3, they used to weigh in leadership extracullicure more heavily than now i believe.sadsad w/e

• 2 months later...
hahaha yeah.

Though, I mean, it's understandable-ish knowing the people he was around. I knew such overachievers and such in HS. This one guy in my class back then (now @ harvard) had MIT as his safety, and etc. unrealistic expectations abound.

Something tells me fookums went to my HS.

Anyway, time to reup this thread. Only applied as a transfer to one school this year, hope it works. Commuter college sucks

As a senior in HS, I got rejected from all of the UCs I applied to except for UC Merced and UCR. As a transfer, I got into every UC except for UCLA and Cal and that was because I didn't finish like 1 or 2 of their prereqs or something like that. I'm now a senior at UCSD and hoping to get into some legit law schools. Transferring is easy, but depending on what you major is, prepare to get raped. Biochem at UCSD is not fuckin cake like classes at CC. now transferring law schools...that's another story; that shit is near impossible to do.

I got rejected from UCLA twice; once as a freshman applicant and once more as a transfer. Crossin ma fingerz for dat UCLA Law!!! Just aim for the best and keep trying

As a senior in HS, I got rejected from all of the UCs I applied to except for UC Merced and UCR. As a transfer, I got into every UC except for UCLA and Cal and that was because I didn't finish like 1 or 2 of their prereqs or something like that. I'm now a senior at UCSD and hoping to get into some legit law schools. Transferring is easy, but depending on what you major is, prepare to get raped. Biochem at UCSD is not fuckin cake like classes at CC. now transferring law schools...that's another story; that shit is near impossible to do.

I got rejected from UCLA twice; once as a freshman applicant and once more as a transfer. Crossin ma fingerz for dat UCLA Law!!! Just aim for the best and keep trying

transferring law schools isn't that hard to do, you just have to happen to be in the top 10% of your class (which is hard to do), haha. you applying to law school this cycle? i'm waiting for an answer from davis, but barring that i'll probably head to santa clara university's program. been doing some research on transferring law schools and they are increasingly taking more and more students, i think boalt hall at cal takes around 20-30 a year.

edit: an interesting read: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13

oh and since we're all doing our thing:

illinois - deny

cardozo - waitlisted

loyola (l.a.) - waitlisted

pitt - accepted

st. louis u - accepted

santa clara - accepted

uc - davis - pending

u of san diego - pending

When I applied to colleges 8 years ago I got in everywhere I applied. But I didn't apply to many. I got into the following:

Northwestern University - which is where I ended up going.

University of Chicago

Washington University in St. Louis

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Engineering School

Rice University

transferring law schools isn't that hard to do, you just have to happen to be in the top 10% of your class (which is hard to do), haha. you applying to law school this cycle? i'm waiting for an answer from davis, but barring that i'll probably head to santa clara university's program. been doing some research on transferring law schools and they are increasingly taking more and more students, i think boalt hall at cal takes around 20-30 a year.

edit: an interesting read: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13

oh and since we're all doing our thing:

illinois - deny

cardozo - waitlisted

loyola (l.a.) - waitlisted

pitt - accepted

st. louis u - accepted

santa clara - accepted

uc - davis - pending

u of san diego - pending

cardozo in ny?

Thank you for applying to the University of California, Irvine (UC Irvine). After a thorough review of your application and supporting materials, we regret to inform you that we will be unable to offer you admission for the Application Term stated above. Admissions officers thoroughly review each application and carefully balance many factors including grades, course work, test scores, honors and awards, work experience, community service, and leadership. If attending UC Irvine remains your ambition, transferring as a junior may be a possibility. Because UC Irvine is highly selective at the transfer level, we recommend establishing a strong academic profile above minimum eligibility.

To learn more about transferring to UC Irvine, please visit www.admissions.uci.edu or call our office at (949) 824-6703 between 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.

Again, thank you for your interest in UC Irvine. We wish you every success in achieving your educational goals.

wait....what? waitlisted? didn't even know this existed. i did some research and this is only the 2nd year that uci is doing this. last year, everyone that got on the waitlist got in....so i'm kinda hopeful

I know some people who got in the 2nd quarter, so they just had to take the first quarter at a community college before starting their undergraduate career in the 2nd quarter. This is actually beneficial because most community colleges go by a semester system and you get more units that way, allowing you to graduate earlier should you decide to go that route. Either way, good luck to you and I'm sure you'll get in. I don't know how your numbers stack up against others, but I know a lot of people with below 3.5 GPAs and 1800 SAT scores that got in a couple years back (then again these students came from a magnet school).

Just got my rejection email - yes, email - from University of Chicago.

So far, I've been rejected from there, and University of Texas. I've gotten in to St. Johns, with 17k scholarship, SMU with 10k, and University of Washington. Still waiting on a bunch, but not much that I think is likely.