College Rejection Letters

branespload

Guest spazzz
True. Just so I am not helpless when I get out into the "real world," I have almost completed my minor, which is an econ/accounting/marketing bundle called "Merchandising management." Essentially it just makes me a bit more useful without prolonging my college stay.

Merchandising management sounds like a fancy name for retail slave

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merchandising management sounds like a fancy name for retail slave

Yes, you are correct. As a major, it's not good for a ton except to work in upper management, buying, or doing displays. It is the fall-back major for the people who do not get accepted (at the 2-year mark) into apparel design or interior design. It sounds ridiculous, but they only accept around 30 apparel and 60 interior into the upper-division per year. The good thing about getting rejected from fashion at OSU, though, is at least there are a ton of other majors available to you in case you decide you don't want to do MM. Like psychology or nutrition or even...agriculture! :D

Yes, you are correct. As a major, it's not good for a ton except to work in upper management, buying, or doing displays. It is the fall-back major for the people who do not get accepted (at the 2-year mark) into apparel design or interior design. It sounds ridiculous, but they only accept around 30 apparel and 60 interior into the upper-division per year. The good thing about getting rejected from fashion at OSU, though, is at least there are a ton of other majors available to you in case you decide you don't want to do MM. Like psychology or nutrition or even...agriculture! :D(10)

Fixed for you.

I honestly didn't, but it's just so disappointing to get rejected despite 3 and a half years of hard work and going to a lame magnet school and stuff. I wish I was B.A.L.L.A. S.T.A.T.U.S. so I could pick USC over UCI.

Can a non-B.A.L.L.A. LEARN?!?!?

^ I have no real basis for appeal, and it's Bernard. I have nothing to lose, so might as well. Does anyone have any ideas for appealing if I don't have a recent sob story/messed up scores?

sad. oh well, just do a jeepster and tell yourself you really didn't want to go there in the first place

no, unlike you're pathetic self, i can deal with rejection. obviously you're fear of rejection comes out in your bileous hate and need to look down upon everyone else. clearly it's compensation for all the abject failures of your life, possibly getting rejected from your college of choice? me, i'm not upset that i didnt get in. yes, i'm disappointed, but honestly, i know i didnt have a shot because i didnt go in for an interview. where'd you go to school data? somewhere prestigious that gave you a leg up in the professional world? the6th's is a household name by now isn't it? i hear they sell it at kohl's and you're doing a collab with old navy.

must've been a great university.

just got rejected from cal poly's architecture program

o well

Ooohh...sorry to hear. That's the one I got accepted to but only if I wanted to deny my transfer credits. Lame. If I had gone to CPSLO I would have done architecture, but ended up AUTOCAD-ing clothes instead at OSU, rofl. OSU has interior design, housing design, and of course civil engineering, but I had decided I wanted to do fashion by then, anyhow.

Are you awaiting letters from anywhere else?

ahh i remember when i was in the college application process...what a ride.

Applied Duke ED, got deferred and ultimately rejected.

Rejected from following: Northwestern, UChicago, Pomona

Waitlisted: NYU

Accepted: Michigan, Tulane, UMiami (Florida)

the day i got the Michigan acceptance i thought i had just won the lottery...

ahh i remember when i was in the college application process...what a ride.

Applied Duke ED, got deferred and ultimately rejected.

Rejected from following: Northwestern, UChicago, Pomona

Waitlisted: NYU

Accepted: Michigan, Tulane, UMiami (Florida)

the day i got the Michigan acceptance i thought i had just won the lottery...

^ rofl @ lottery. ;) are you still a student? what is/was your major?

Graduated April 2007, Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Anthropology.

Forgive my ignorance, but what sort of occupation do most people with that major end up landing, and what did you land?

I will be 5th-yr as I've said...hoping to land something decent in a big city. Forced internships are helpful for that.

worked half a year at a big 4 accounting firm after graduation, quit because it wasn't suitable for my strengths and personality. Now i want to go into art direction or something that can give me an outlet for my creativity...i want to write books, magazine columns, make movies, style commercials, everything. In 50 years I see myself being written down as a cultural icon.

worked half a year at a big 4 accounting firm after graduation, quit because it wasn't suitable for my strengths and personality. Now i want to go into art direction or something that can give me an outlet for my creativity...i want to write books, magazine columns, make movies, style commercials, everything. In 50 years I see myself being written down as a cultural icon.

Wow, well props for being honest with yourself and sticking to your guns.

I understand your mindset. Sometimes I feel that structured systems are for lemmings, and I feel every molecule of my being rebelling against The Man, whatever form he chooses to take.

Even in fashion, which is supposed to be a creative major, many get stuck in this sort of pre-fab route: Get Internship, Get absorbed, Work for big company, Make dough.

That wouldn't be so bad, but as I've learned more about the injustices in the fashion industry and have done some freelance art and stuff, it's made me want to branch off from the whole deal and, well, not be a slave to the industry. It's ironic, because I am a decent student, and all my tuition is all paid for this year via private scholarship. I am good at acting the role of Model Fashion Student.

But I digress...we'll see, I just need to graduate first!