College Rejection Letters

branespload

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I too was rejected from UCLA back in the day. I also grew up in Torrance. Small world.

Where did you go? What did you do? Is there still hope for me? I wanna be a B.A.L.L.A., S.H.O.T. C.A.L.L.A.

But on the realz. I'm guessing you are an asian male from Cali, no?

Shit is hard nowadays cuz the UC system doesn't want anymore chinks.

Even UCLA/UCSD level which wasn't too competitive 6-8 years ago.

What are your backups?

But on the realz. I'm guessing you are an asian male from Cali, no?

Shit is hard nowadays cuz the UC system doesn't want anymore chinks.

Even UCLA/UCSD level which wasn't too competitive 6-8 years ago.

What are your backups?

I got into USC, UCI and CSULB all under biomedical engineering: premed IIRC. I chose Bioengineering as my major for UCSD and UCLA and I suppose it's just too competitive to get accepted. I'm not B.A.L.L.A. enough for USC and I don't think it would be worth the money to go there for undergrad. UCI looks like my best bet right now.. *sigh*

I find it interesting that I got into USC but not into my UCs of choice.. and mostly everyone else who got into the top UCs are female minorities who are generally less qualified than I am. Oh well.

As a state school I honestly think UCLA does a disservice to the population that encompasses it. I don't think southern californian tax payers should be throwing any money to a piece of shit institution that most likely wont accept their kids who have been raised on the grammar and high school educational systems run by the city that surrounds it.

Really. Fuck UCLA. If I had been groomed better in high school i would have chosen USC even if it costs an arm and a leg. Also, the air of bullshit that surrounds many UCLA students is disgusting for how bland and hokey the majority of them are.

I do have a friend that graduated from their engineering department. He is chinese though.

Actually she's a polysci major, but she takes classes that she can enjoy since she has enough credits to be a junior (she is a freshman)

Why do you like this bitch? Polysci women are a handful. Who takes enough credits to be a junior? It's good you broke up with her. She'll prolly go to law school, think she'll become an attorney, and then quit cuz it isn't her "passion".

I got into USC, UCI and CSULB all under biomedical engineering: premed IIRC. I chose Bioengineering as my major for UCSD and UCLA and I suppose it's just too competitive to get accepted. I'm not B.A.L.L.A. enough for USC and I don't think it would be worth the money to go there for undergrad. UCI looks like my best bet right now.. *sigh*

I find it interesting that I got into USC but not into my UCs of choice.. and mostly everyone else who got into the top UCs are female minorities who are generally less qualified than I am. Oh well.

Yeah, that was your problem. You choose biomedical engineering. The same dipshits that apply to John Hopkins, etc., will apply to your program and get in, taking your spot. You should've hedged a little more on that. Anyways, UCI isn't so bad, so I would try to pull off USC if you can. The alumni connections are pretty strong.

Female minorities are the gold-mine of college acceptences. But maybe only 10-20% will be able to hack in once in. I saw a lot of minorities get in at my university, but how many actually made it through in engineering/biology? Very few. That's the dirty secret of college admissions. They accept a ton of minorities into competitive programs, but the actual number that come out is pretty low.

Why didn't anyone warn me about this stuff? And by "pull off" USC do you mean accomplish/succeed against the odds or stray away from? I agree, UCI isn't so bad, but I never thought that I'd end up at my safety school. It just doesn't sit right.

Why do you like this bitch? Polysci women are a handful. Who takes enough credits to be a junior? It's good you broke up with her. She'll prolly go to law school, think she'll become an attorney, and then quit cuz it isn't her "passion".

Oh dude she was more than a handful. I'm glad I deaded that bitch when I did. Current G/F is much hotter. I'll put nudes of her if anyone wants to see...as for nudes of ex...I only have video...-_-

It's called S.C.H.O.O.L. of H.A.R.D. K.N.O.C.K.S.

You're competiting for spots against kids from Harvard WestLake., nowadays for spots at UCLA.

You should try USC if you can.

The alumni connections will help you when you try to get a job.

Was this directed to me? Because I was already accepted to USC..

EDIT: I read this as you should try to get into USC if you can. @_@

I actually didn't make the scholarship deadline or the financial aid deadlines because I didn't really plan on going there/think I'd get in.. I just did it because my mom wanted me to. :x

'pull off USC' = pay for that shit. If their biomed dept. is worth it; bust your ass and pay them bills. Nobody graduates as connected as the average SC kid. At least in socal.

That said, they accepted me for both grad and undergrad, and I turned them down each time. Money was not the issue, but strength of program was. And in my case I had better options.

You're competiting for spots against kids from Harvard WestLake., nowadays for spots at UCLA.

HAHAHAHA! Harvard Westlake! Kids there are all homos. I remember all the Korean kids in LA wanted to go there but why!? Fuck the valley.

ill put nude pics if you want

Really? No one has said "yes please" yet?

Go for it

HAHAHAHA! Harvard Westlake! Kids there are all homos. I remember all the Korean kids in LA wanted to go there but why!? Fuck the valley.

Man, everybody knows all the smart & poor koreans go to Whitney high.