College Rejection Letters

branespload

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEE DATS THE PROBLEM WITH ASIANS NOWADAYS!!?!?

DEY THINK ITS BOUT TEST SCORES + SATS + CLUB/EXTRA

YOUZE ALL THE SAME MANNNNN.....

YOU GOTTA BE "DIFFERENT"?!!!?!?!

You do anything amazing?

Unusual?

Different?

You gotta be the diamond in the ruff man.............

Life is bout taking chances and excelling in the extraordinary.

Aint no Harvard/Stanford/UPenn wants 'good enough'

U gotta be a B.A.L.L.A. at life!

quoted for the truff

• 2 months later...

Tryin to knock out all my transfer apps this week (only 3, but a lot of supplements), 1st one is due March 1st....

In terms of transferring, how beneficial would an interview be? I've got until May 22th for my #1 transfer school to have an interview. Should I send my application in first then set up the interview? Or just set it up and get the application done in time (not due until May 15th).

I don't think interviews matter that much. From what I've heard, they're mostly a way to keep alumni involved with the university.

wtf are you talking about? I'd be interviewing with an admissions officer. That doesn't necessarily mean an alum. This response doesn't answer my question at all.

i said numerous times before, it's ALWAYS beneficial to you to get done early. Timing can play a HUGE role. If it's an alumni interview, it will still be put in your file and it will all go before the committee, but if it's for sure the AO, then they're the one basically going before the committee to vouch on your part, so treat it as such.

my story and advice for college rejections

i applied last year and was an average/good high school student, 3.8 gpa, 2000 sat..

applied to 9, rejected from all, including safeties

now i'm at CC, w/ plans to transfer.. its no big deal getting rejected, community colleges (the better ones) provide an equal education for a fraction of the tuition.. if you're a good student, you'll have no problem doing well and transferring out

yeee

Tryin to knock out all my transfer apps this week (only 3, but a lot of supplements), 1st one is due March 1st....

In terms of transferring, how beneficial would an interview be? I've got until May 22th for my #1 transfer school to have an interview. Should I send my application in first then set up the interview? Or just set it up and get the application done in time (not due until May 15th).

Word. Trying to get my common app transfer done this week, and start working on the transfer supps in the next two.

As for interviews, unless you're really really not a people person, an interview can't hurt, so why not eh?

How did you get rejected from your safeties?

Unless your safeties were Ivy-status. It's rare not to get into any of your schools.

well i had one safety school UW seattle. if i could go back in time, yeah i'de choose another.. i went to a college prep private boarding school and given the past acceptances to UW, it really did categorize as a safety..

i got waitlisted, and decided on CC before even recieving another letter

the schools I applied to weren't easy, but they sure as hell weren't ivy league schools either.. along w/ UW i applied to: nyu, usc, ucla, cal, northwestern, chicago, boston college, and carnegie mellon

People aren't getting into UW as much as previously because the school had to cut funding, so they're letting less people in. Im glad I got in 2 years ago as it is getting harder to get in every year muahaha. Shouldve applied to more safeties too...

• 5 months later...

don't be a pussy, I got rejected from 90% of the schools I applied to the first time around and then got into every school I applied to as a transfer. It's not the end of the world if you get rejected.

At first you don't succeed, try try again.

I live in cali.. and from my own experience 75% of the kids i see go to UCs are just regurgitators (they learn what they need to learn, regurgitate it all out, and do it again and again till they get that A or a high SAT score). Basically people who don't give a shit about what they learning. They just get into the glorified UCs. Many of the kids i see aren't smart either. They don't understand the concepts of what they are learning. They just copy it word by word, but have no idea wtf they're saying. There's also the people who cheat their way to UCs.

Consequentally, they fuck up at the UCs because of their inability to understand the harder concepts. Thus, I'm not jealous by anyone who gets into UCs really. I'll just see them breakdown on facebook or something and just say to myself "Bout time".

Btw. Im in high school, and I'm pretty confident I'm not gonna make it in to UCs. But worth a shot =P. Air traffic controllers ftw?

I live in cali.. and from my own experience 75% of the kids i see go to UCs are just regurgitators (they learn what they need to learn, regurgitate it all out, and do it again and again till they get that A or a high SAT score). Basically people who don't give a shit about what they learning. They just get into the glorified UCs. Many of the kids i see aren't smart either. They don't understand the concepts of what they are learning. They just copy it word by word, but have no idea wtf they're saying. There's also the people who cheat their way to UCs.

Consequentally, they fuck up at the UCs because of their inability to understand the harder concepts. Thus, I'm not jealous by anyone who gets into UCs really. I'll just see them breakdown on facebook or something and just say to myself "Bout time".

Btw. Im in high school, and I'm pretty confident I'm not gonna make it in to UCs. But worth a shot =P. Air traffic controllers ftw?

Sounds like you've got a very limited experience, youngin. I go to a UC myself, and yes, you will find the regurgitators/"aren't smart either kids"/cheaters/etc. I'm just a little confused when you call other people out who "have no idea wtf they're saying." I'm a 4th year, so I've had a bit of experience in the college UC system. I just have never known ANYBODY to "breakdown on facebook or something."

On a sidenote, it's really hard to fail at most UC's. UCLA's curving system is greatly aimed at pushing the lowers grades upward. Consequentially, only the bottom 5-10% of the class will fail. And if you're in the bottom 5-10%, you're a dumbass. Sorry.

P.S. Apologies for the mad number of quotations, but it felt like I was in AP English again. And I fucking loved AP English.

I just have never known ANYBODY to "breakdown on facebook or something."

you mean to say you've never seen a status update from some asian sorority girl along the lines of "omggg going to have to take chemistry 1a over FMLLLL" and "omg failed bio but i studied ALL DAY" as they upload pics from going clubbing from the night before??

and lol yea I WOULD start this thread.. -_-

• 4 months later...

Was rejected this round from... *drumroll*... northwestern, occidental, cornell, amherst.

alternate listed at Claremont McKenna, and got into NYU.

i'm going to nyu, i'm tired of waiting on claremont and i'm sure i can make some decent connections in NY.

BTW, I'm a transfer student from a CC (de anza) and was able to get into colleges i never thought i would be getting into as a freshman.

I'm pretty content with my situation. (and i saved a shitload of money + i don't have to deal with the shit education at UC's with class cuts and pay raises!)