College Rejection Letters

branespload

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are very full.

Let me repeat; we are very full.

At Berkeley alone, an admissions error enrolled more students this year than we physically had room for. And the governor refused to give us money. Again. Fee increases, here we come.

Meh, getting rejected places isn't as bad as it seems. I got rejected into my top choices last year and ended up going to UCR. And it turns out....I love it. Even though it's in a crappy city, it's actually pretty fun here.(Haha, I know you are probably going to disagree with me Ted). Also, the curves here are so much more forgiving here than other schools just cause it is UCRejects haha.

professional tip: nobody gives a fuck where you graduated college, it really isn't very important.

p.s. GPA doesn't matter either, unless you go to grad school but grad school is totally prv. lvl, nobody does that shit anymore.

p.p.s. APPARENTLY A SARCASM NOTICE IS NEEDED FOR THE LAST PART

Agh I'm 4.0+ weighted Gpa with a 2030 sat, just didn't have many clubs or any sports

;(

Appeal anyways, and make sure you don't sound too stereotypically asian in your essay :D (you're asian, right? i seem to remember someone's brane sploading because you were asian. although with those scores you would probably be in if you weren't...)

I feel like you would have a good chance. I think.

Agh I'm 4.0+ weighted Gpa with a 2030 sat, just didn't have many clubs or any sports

;(

SEE DATS THE PROBLEM WITH ASIANS NOWADAYS!!?!?

DEY THINK ITS BOUT TEST SCORES + SATS + CLUB/EXTRA

YOUZE ALL THE SAME MANNNNN.....

YOU GOTTA BE "DIFFERENT"?!!!?!?!

You do anything amazing?

Unusual?

Different?

You gotta be the diamond in the ruff man.............

Life is bout taking chances and excelling in the extraordinary.

Aint no Harvard/Stanford/UPenn wants 'good enough'

U gotta be a B.A.L.L.A. at life!

• 7 months later...

hah, the worst was how I got rejected from georgetown. Basically I lived in the Philippines and mail takes forever to get there, so I had to find out where I was going to go to school so that I could figure out my flights and shit. The Georgetown letter hadn't come yet and my parents really really wanted me to go there so it was like their top choice (not really mine though). I ended up having to call the Georgetown admissions office and ask in person about whether or not I got in. Girl on the other end of the line had the most awkward time explaining to me that tons of kids applied and I was just another asian international student with so-so grades. Definitely one of the more interesting phone conversations in my life :)

^

How'd you appeal for Davis? What was your reasoning?

I think I need to take notes.

made up some compelling story bout reuniting with my family in cali and shit. (my whole family was moving to cali from TO) made it seem like my life was shit and would get shittier if i didnt get in. I dont rmb exactly how i wrote it but ill try to dig up my appeal letter n ill let ya know..

but DONT GOTO DAVIS MAN! its boring as fuck.

• 3 weeks later...

so i got fucking rejected from the university of minnesota-twin cities a few weeks ago. i'm still in a bit of shock. i guess i can't really compare with alot of the kidz on this board but my stats and credentials are really pretty solid imo. i got a 31 act with a 10 writing which is like top 2%, i take multiple ap classes and varsity sports, clubs, jobs, etc. the one thing killing me is my 3.0 roughly gpa which puts me about middle in my suburban high school class. i'm mostly just pissed off since they practically recruited me at the u of m with all the special apps, brochures, and invites to open houses and shit that they sent me. next step - apply to macalester college. i'm fully expecting to get rejected but i figure that a solid essay will help, since there was none as part of my u of m app. but at least i'm pretty much guaranteed into any of the university of wisconsin schools other than madison. i could maybe go to some cool LAC far away but i aint got the $$$ for it and it's just undergrad anyways. la crosse is a cool little town...