Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

i just got a pair the other day. Oy...lord forgive me for I know not what I do...I went out to SoHo Monday to try and see if there were any massive post-holiday sales to take advantage of but winded up at BIG and buying not one but TWO jeans at full price. I've been meaning to get a pair of Samurais but which? I thought I had decided on a pair of 710s because I'm looking for something slimmer. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm a tapered leg kinda guy. I don't know why I've been rebelling against that all this time but I guess my calves are just too thin while my thighs are big. Whenever I wear straight legs, I look like I'm wearing boot cuts. Sizing further and further down did not help, it only makes the thighs more and more uncomfortable. Well to my surprise, the 710s are STILL not tapered enough. I was kinda deflated when Gordon suggested the 003s. They fit great. I can finally look like I'm wearing normal slim jeans instead of looking like I'm wearing tights knee up and bell bottoms knee down. From the descriptions here, it sounds like they shrink a great deal without stretching back so be careful with sizing.

Does the GX denim (earth, water, etc.) shrink/stretch an abnormal amount?

I'm looking at these for my next pair:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/2nd/sj-s5000gx-t/

For reference, I have a pair of 21 oz Samurai 510, Lot 10, in a size 29, and they fit me just perfectly, literally perfect. I'm also thinking that a slight size-up might also be good for me, since I really like the slightly looser cut of the 510. I want something that will be no tighter than my size 30 Sugarcane Okinawa/Hawaii if that helps.

I'm thinking a 30 in the 5000GX would do it. Thoughts?

Does the GX denim (earth, water, etc.) shrink/stretch an abnormal amount?

I'm looking at these for my next pair:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/2nd/sj-s5000gx-t/

For reference, I have a pair of 21 oz Samurai 510, Lot 10, in a size 29, and they fit me just perfectly, literally perfect. I'm also thinking that a slight size-up might also be good for me, since I really like the slightly looser cut of the 510. I want something that will be no tighter than my size 30 Sugarcane Okinawa/Hawaii if that helps.

I'm thinking a 30 in the 5000GX would do it. Thoughts?

yes, i have a pair of those and wear 31 in FH380 and bought a 32 in these. size up 1 and they are the perfect slightly loose but not uncomfortable fit.

Ok guys, I'm finally about to pull the trigger on some Samurai's, and after a TON of research on this thread, I think I've settled on the S710xx's. My one remaining question, which I haven't found a definitive answer to, is: will the 19oz denim stretch in the waist to an inch or so more than the raw measurement? Or will it just stretch back to the same measurement as raw? I'm torn between size 33 and 34. The measurements on the 33 seem perfect except for the waist, I need to make sure the 33's will stretch to a 35 (raw measurement is 34). If it helps, my perfect size in PBJ xx005's is 33, but they stretch a lot. Thanks in advance!

The 19oz denim does stretch back out easily.

My tagged 32 measured 32 raw and is now 33 post wash + stretch after wearing low on my waist. You are safer going the lower size if your thighs fit because you can always avoid hot washes to keep shrinking minimal.

Ok guys, I'm finally about to pull the trigger on some Samurai's, and after a TON of research on this thread, I think I've settled on the S710xx's. My one remaining question, which I haven't found a definitive answer to, is: will the 19oz denim stretch in the waist to an inch or so more than the raw measurement? Or will it just stretch back to the same measurement as raw? I'm torn between size 33 and 34. The measurements on the 33 seem perfect except for the waist, I need to make sure the 33's will stretch to a 35 (raw measurement is 34). If it helps, my perfect size in PBJ xx005's is 33, but they stretch a lot. Thanks in advance!

I bought my samurais a size 32, meaning the unsoaked waist was 33. After a soak, the waist was 32, but after a week or so, the waist stretched back out to 33, and after 2 months, it is still a comfortable 33.

Basically, the waist will stretch at least an inch over time. You might be able to size down to a 33, but the first days might be a little uncomfortable.

The samurais are going to have a slightly tapered leg, so I wouldn't worry about your jeans being too baggy if you go for size 34 raw. The leg opening on the samurais is a good 1.5 total inches less than your PBJ's.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, robosco and kit99bar! +reps for you both. I think I'm going to go for the 33's unless anyone has any other input. as long as the waist stretches to 35" i should be fine, and I'm worried about the 34's being too big. I have a pair of size 34 xx-005bk's that I had to taper the thighs on because they were too big, and the 710's seem to measure slightly larger than 005's.

Guest nooblet333

I got lucky, I managed to button all the way up so more stretching should be on the way hopefully the thighs can get little more looser.

and yeah probably alex, but I like slim fit's a lot. :P Plus Ive been running/working out lately so hopefully it gets better :]