Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hello Superdenim.

Start of long, rambling first post...

I've been lurking around here for a while now and just proxied a pair of S5000VX. I went one size down, to a 29, expecting them to measure 31 raw, but I got a Lot 10 pair which were just over 29 raw. I can just about button them up and wore them for about 15 mintues and they've already stretched to around 30 (and fit pretty well). Anybody else size down 1 on a Lot 10? Hows the fit after washing/soaking? I figure even if I cold soak now they will get a hot wash in the machine at some point, so if they are going to end up too small I will sell them on now and get a bigger size. From what I've read they will stretch a lot in the waist, but what about the thighs? Any advice is much appreciated.

End long rambling first post...

not sure if ithelps but i have a lot 10 pair of so500xx in a 28 i bought them from anouther member who had allready hot washed them.

when i were them they stretch to a 30 and when i wash they go back to a 28 but stretch out within a day

not sure with the vx denim.......

definitely sell those 5000vx.... they will shrink with everywash..... it wouldnt fit you even after the soak....they dont stretch much at all.... for reference, i cant size down to a size 30 for texas cotton denim, but i have to wear size 32 for the VX (lot 11) they will shrink more with each wash.....

Hello Superdenim.

Start of long, rambling first post...

I've been lurking around here for a while now and just proxied a pair of S5000VX. I went one size down, to a 29, expecting them to measure 31 raw, but I got a Lot 10 pair which were just over 29 raw. I can just about button them up and wore them for about 15 mintues and they've already stretched to around 30 (and fit pretty well). Anybody else size down 1 on a Lot 10? Hows the fit after washing/soaking? I figure even if I cold soak now they will get a hot wash in the machine at some point, so if they are going to end up too small I will sell them on now and get a bigger size. From what I've read they will stretch a lot in the waist, but what about the thighs? Any advice is much appreciated.

End long rambling first post...

Either cold soak and just rock them as is OR hot soak them with you wearing them and then wait for them to dry and rock them for a day or two non stop and you should be fine.

Either cold soak and just rock them as is OR hot soak them with you wearing them and then wait for them to dry and rock them for a day or two non stop and you should be fine.

and if that doesnt work you can sell them to me

visiting NYC this weekend. I just picked up a pair of S0500s in 33 (sized up 2 from the ones I ordered from 2nd). If I hadn't been able to try them on, I would've made a 2nd mistake and gotten 32s so I'm pretty happy about BiG. They were very polite and helpful too. :)I saw Gordon but was not able to talk to him.

Just bought some 5000vx lot 11 from Citizen on ebay at random. Loving them 2 days in. Been hiking for 2 days in them in 80 degrees and Now I understand how much of a difference 4-5 Oz makes in some jeans. Ive been wearing KMW's and home made Cone denim, and the samurai denim is just nuts. My fashion worker Girlfriend was going all crazy over them when she saw the Material. Top notch.

I'll stop preaching to the choir now. Ill do some fit pics sometime soon.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to just sell these on and try again. I'm looking for a slightly looser fit.

Chantheman, if yer interested let me know, otherwise they'll be on the supermarket in the next day or two. I'll be shipping from the UK. Don't want to lose to much on these however...

and if that doesnt work you can sell them to me

visiting NYC this weekend. I just picked up a pair of S0500s in 33 (sized up 2 from the ones I ordered from 2nd). If I hadn't been able to try them on, I would've made a 2nd mistake and gotten 32s so I'm pretty happy about BiG. They were very polite and helpful too. :)I saw Gordon but was not able to talk to him.

any fit pics?

Just bought some 5000vx lot 11 from Citizen on ebay at random. Loving them 2 days in. Been hiking for 2 days in them in 80 degrees and Now I understand how much of a difference 4-5 Oz makes in some jeans. Ive been wearing KMW's and home made Cone denim, and the samurai denim is just nuts. My fashion worker Girlfriend was going all crazy over them when she saw the Material. Top notch.

I'll stop preaching to the choir now. Ill do some fit pics sometime soon.

This is one reason why I am not in a hurry to try to put together my own pair of jeans. It is just too hard to find top quality denim (although the cone stuff from PDO is decent) and for me I don't think I could ever make a pair of jeans on par with warehouse, sammy, etc. I am sticking to shorts and shirts for now.

This is one reason why I am not in a hurry to try to put together my own pair of jeans. It is just too hard to find top quality denim (although the cone stuff from PDO is decent) and for me I don't think I could ever make a pair of jeans on par with warehouse, sammy, etc. I am sticking to shorts and shirts for now.

yeah, I mean I like the cone stuff alot, But the difference is Night and day. I would kill to be able to get by the yard of material like this to work with for fun. Making my own stuff now Is just totally because I like sewing. Keeps me out of trouble, and I can make friends jeans on the cheap using their trashed pairs as patterns. But then they can get into the nicer selvage stuff as well for way less than retail.

does anyone have any info on the s0505xx?

i'm looking for a fit sort of similar to the apc new standards and was wondering where these fall.

i currently wear dior 19cms, but im getting kind of tired of the skinny jean look and want something more slim-straight.

i do have a pair of APC NS and the fit is pretty much what I want, but the inseam is too damn short and I need something longer.

Thinking about the s0505 or maybe the s710s.. although I prefer the 0505s because it has a zipfly and im sick of buttoning my button fly lol.