Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

If I am not mistaken I think all RRs are Texas cotton 17 oz. So fades are probably similar to 0500 or 0510. Guess I got to check before I make these statements. Either way I like the 66RR cut a lot more. One of the most basic no frills Samurai jeans you can get.

Yup, the cut is a lot more modern more like the modern levis 501 cut. I have a pair of regular 510xx 15 oz and 500xx and the RR are much darker in color. I think the cheaper in price is due to the lack of arcuates and hidden rivets. The simplicity is what I like about this model.

So I'm getting Black Knights in a few days. Wash or soak?

fuck a wash, hotsoak that shit. BKs bleed like fucking crazy and a soak with mild agitation from your hands will get 95% of the shrinkage out and turn your bathtub black.

I've never had combs move on me if I hotsoak first and then wash later, the tiny bit of extra shrink is impossible to discern.

ps: been wearing my BKs religiously since reception (pre-ordered) and they are showing some nice fading, especially in the stacks area, pics tomorrow in the sunlight.

fuck a wash, hotsoak that shit. BKs bleed like fucking crazy and a soak with mild agitation from your hands will get 95% of the shrinkage out and turn your bathtub black.

I've never had combs move on me if I hotsoak first and then wash later, the tiny bit of extra shrink is impossible to discern.

ps: been wearing my BKs religiously since reception (pre-ordered) and they are showing some nice fading, especially in the stacks area, pics tomorrow in the sunlight.

Stacks hits hard, and so it looks like I'll soak. Can't wait to see those pics.

as promised, unfortunately I'm terrible at taking pictures but you get the idea:

vza1w5.jpg

246s0tu.jpg

2j0dut5.jpg

i feel guilty for neglecting my s510xx ai-n, but they're coming up on month18 in february (with probably only 14mo wear) so here's a teaser before they get washed:

2n651c8.png

slow but steady... the dye job on these is ridiculous I think the BKs will get to the same point in half the time.

Looking to pick up a pair of Samurais and I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the numbering system and how it correlates to the different cuts- even after reading through this thread a bit, anyone shed some light on this for a newbie? Looking for something comparable to FH3001s, or just a standard straight cut.

Looking to pick up a pair of Samurais and I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the numbering system and how it correlates to the different cuts- even after reading through this thread a bit, anyone shed some light on this for a newbie? Looking for something comparable to FH3001s, or just a standard straight cut.

The 0500 is a mid-rise slim straight.

The 5000 is a lower-rise slim straight.

There is an even slimmer, low-rise cut, but the model # escapes me - was posted a while back.