Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

^yea I ranted on that a few pages ago...now that i think about it more, they only have 3 cuts, and those are very simple, modern fashion pieces. From there they are sort of "re-inventing" the wheel so to speak going over and over their design with different denim fabric to see what they can do with their original designs. how far they can push the boundaries of jean design. Most of these crazy fabrics are indeed novelty, but they are produced in very small limited runs for that purpose, they're almost art pieces (not really but you get the point). They are trying to show what can be done, and also trying to showcase different fabric they find interesting for whatever reason. (and yes, i do feel that it seems to be a big masturbatory exercise on the part of the designers, not that all art isn't this to some extent, though)

the thing i would like to see more is a dedication to the aging process of their denim, something the Japanese brands are VERY interested in. look at the PBJ homepage, its just a pair of old ass PBJ's sitting on a chair. this is (for most of us) the end goal of buying raw denim, and i would like to see this brand embrace that more, rather than marketing the loomstate fabric as the key selling point (red weft, 32oz, etc.). Now i'm not saying this isn't there, but I would like to see the brand utilize this more in marketing, promotion, hell i'd love to see a worn gallery on their website myself..

my 2cents

Quite right, Z,

Im a big fan of the N&F fits but the only denim of theirs i really love is the deep indigo. They produce some killer fades and which could be blogged Skull-style. The deep indigos are making a come back and soon to be launched in the slimguy cut. Cant wait :))

I really liked my N&F Weird Guys (size 29) back when they fit:

photo25w.jpg

Lately, I've been taking working out very seriously, 'bulking' and doing lots of squats, so these jeans are starting to get tight as heck:

photo161i.jpg

Alas, I'm not going to stop progressing in the gym just so these jeans will fit better so it looks like they may have to retire at about six months, with a wash at five months. Now I'm looking for my next denim purchase that will fit me better. I'm a 32 waist (now at least) and those are 29s, so from what I've reasearched, I was thinking of getting APCs at tagged size 29 since they're a bit larger. I am going to miss the tapered fit though, as I see a lot of APCs fitting people too 'squarish' because of the straight leg... advice?

Isn't sizing down 3 for APC's a little much??

It seems like people size down more on APCs than on N&F, so since those jeans above are a little too tight, wouldn't an APC at the same tagged size stretch more? That is what I am wondering before I order some.

Context clothing says the measured size is TWO sizes up from the tagged size. Compounded with the notorious APC stretch?

P.S. My question isn't about APC sizing as much as it is asking what fits/cuts are similar to Weird Guys in other brands, with a ~$200 price tag or less.

Hello,

Does anybody out there own a pair of indigo broken twill selvedge? I picked up a pair at barneys for 69 and I was wondering if they fade nicely. So far, after looking through all the posts, I have only seen a few nice pairs of deep indigo. And also, when is it advisable to do a "soak" not a wash. I also read on here that it preserves the lining around your crotch and helps it fade better?

Thanks.

It seems like people size down more on APCs than on N&F, so since those jeans above are a little too tight, wouldn't an APC at the same tagged size stretch more? That is what I am wondering before I order some.

Context clothing says the measured size is TWO sizes up from the tagged size. Compounded with the notorious APC stretch?

P.S. My question isn't about APC sizing as much as it is asking what fits/cuts are similar to Weird Guys in other brands, with a ~$200 price tag or less.

ahh gotcha

Hello,

Does anybody out there own a pair of indigo broken twill selvedge? I picked up a pair at barneys for 69 and I was wondering if they fade nicely. So far, after looking through all the posts, I have only seen a few nice pairs of deep indigo. And also, when is it advisable to do a "soak" not a wash. I also read on here that it preserves the lining around your crotch and helps it fade better?

Thanks.

I own a pair in the slimguy but am not wearing them much..busy with Imperials now then heard they are coming out with deep indigos soon in Slim and Weirdguy so will grab a pair and save the broken twill for dressy wear as they have a very clean look with the dark stitching.

Would love to know how they fade though

thats probably just a first model they've made, not the actual jean they're gonna sell.

According to Brandon, they will be releasing the 26oz Black Denim first. The 32oz is not supposed to come out until later.

Does anybody know which cut the 32's will be?

x post from evo thread

4809256768_684bb16216_z.jpg

4809262736_d007d9975e_z.jpg

4809263440_4b6fabaf25_z.jpg

not a similar comparison, but here they are next to a pair of xx-007 to show color loss...