Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

heads up to any locals. Dutil got the old N&F 21oz slim guys got 40% off + 8.88$ discount.

i got a size 31, was fitting snug... any past owners know how much they will stretch / shrink..

mostly going back this week to get their dark indigo wierd guys.. they are on sale too

They stretch a little. Basically, a little more comfortable without being saggy. The wear on these and the weird guy with the beige weft is crazy. The thicker stuff i find wears nicer than some of their lighter oz fabrics. I would post pictures but cant seem to figure out how...or am not allowed.

Anyone have any pics of their Natural Indigo Organic Selvedge? Mines just came in but am considering selling them because I'm not sure on if I'll like how they'll wear...

I have been integrating these into my rotation and I think they will wear really nice. They have a sort of a verticle stripe effect from the different amounts of dye. This could be really neat. Only time will tell. Don't sell them whatever you do.

I have been integrating these into my rotation and I think they will wear really nice. They have a sort of a verticle stripe effect from the different amounts of dye. This could be really neat. Only time will tell. Don't sell them whatever you do.

Hm, did you soak them? It doesnt seem like anyone's interested in buying them so I might keep them...

Hm, did you soak them? It doesnt seem like anyone's interested in buying them so I might keep them...

No soak, until maybe 8 months of wear. I recently soaked my Weird Guy indigos. Saw that alot of people were unhappy about how long it took for crocking to start. Will see if soaking works. The organics should fade nicer without soaking. time will tell.

yea hopefully, im surprised no one else has the Organic Indigo. The thing i dislike about them is how light they are, and I dont see how the fading will look as nice with these than with the darker indigo's

There are a couple of other pairs of natural indigo on BiG (Oni, Somet, Pure Blue) they all have a lighter shade to them. Don't know if the N&F denim is of the same quality, but think that they will have a unique fade.

I heard from one of the guys at Dutil that they're opening a Naked & Famous pop-up store in the space around the corner currently taken up by Roden Gray. Launch party August 15, Y'all. Get on their mailing list if you want more details. I hope that they'll have the Momotaro collab! The pop-up is set to change the brand it focuses on every 6 months, so fingers crossed for PBJ next!

In related Vancouver retail news, Roden Gray is moving to a new location on Water Street where they'll have 2 floors and 4x the space.

^They've been very well documented in this thread already. its a ways back but some dude had a sick looking pair of vintage blues. so yes, they will fade very well. I don't have time to dig it up...doug you better start reading or somebody else bump that guys vintage blues for me.

I heard from one of the guys at Dutil that they're opening a Naked & Famous pop-up store in the space around the corner currently taken up by Roden Gray. Launch party August 15, Y'all. Get on their mailing list if you want more details. I hope that they'll have the Momotaro collab! The pop-up is set to change the brand it focuses on every 6 months, so fingers crossed for PBJ next!

In related Vancouver retail news, Roden Gray is moving to a new location on Water Street where they'll have 2 floors and 4x the space.

I talked to brandon and he said this was still in discussion, but eric and darrin are stoked on it sooo yeah, probably happenin

^^ Thanks. I'm wearing em' right now actually. Great summer jeans because of the light colour, and the red selvedge looks good rolled up!

You really need to wear them hard. Mine weren't fading much, and I started to lose interest so I decided to beat them to hell at work. After working in them for three months they came out quite nicely, and I now wear them as a part of my denim rotation.

Here's the only other example of vintage blues I can think of:

got a weird crotch thing going on...not typical....

weird guy vintage blue, over a year. first wash last week. pretty hard to wear with alot of stuff, so they don't get a ton of love. these things do not want to fade.

9i7m2r.jpg

w71t8o.jpg

Long story, so prepare yourself.

I wore a pair of Nudie RRDS for over 16 months without washing, and was happy with the result. I was not happy with the amount of fraying on the inseam (my thighs must rub together). Have a number of N&F jeans (grey, organic, indigo, 21 oz, 24 oz in Weird Guy & 21 oz in Slim Guy). I was reading on here about how difficult regular indigos are to fade. I have been wearing mine for about 6 months. So I soaked them in Hot water. Best thing I ever did. No real indigo loss (at least to my eyes) and they are back to being somewhat stiff.

So I took a look at my other pairs. Both the 21oz & 24oz were starting to show a little fraying on the inseam (the 21's had more cause I have owned them for longer). The soaking stopped the fraying somewhat, and the jeans are both coming along way quicker (fades). I think for anyone who has the heavier denim, they should consider soaking them. At least as a way of preserving your crotch seams. Not washing, soaking. In cold or hot water for at least 30 minutes. This is my personal unsolicited opinion. I would never even considered it, if it were not for the result of my Nudies and some conversations with Roy of Roy Denim. Do what you want, that is my two cents.

are you seeing a faster fade in your regular indigos?

i've had mine for at least 8 months now and there are practically no fades to speak of.

good luck man. I've had mine for around the same time and still have nothing to really show for it. I did wash them the other day and this actually did bring out a few faint whiskers and thigh fades. Other than than, I can't say i'm particularly happy about these jeans....

are you seeing a faster fade in your regular indigos?

i've had mine for at least 8 months now and there are practically no fades to speak of.

Soak them in hot water for 45 minutes. They stiffen up again and I feel they start to show fades.

I was wondering how you like your organic's, i'm still on the fence about selling my pair

I got the organics for a really good price so I don't regret buying them. They have only been in the rotation for about 3 months. So they have had limited wear. They are a unique color but I still think they will fade nicely.

good luck man. I've had mine for around the same time and still have nothing to really show for it. I did wash them the other day and this actually did bring out a few faint whiskers and thigh fades. Other than than, I can't say i'm particularly happy about these jeans....

What detergent did you use? How did you wash them? (machine or hand)

What detergent did you use? How did you wash them? (machine or hand)

haha just your regular name brand ALL 2x ULTRA. turned em inside out and threw them in there by themselves. regular cotton/sturdy cycle-warm water(not hot)-and low water. hang dry. i should mention that i did a hot soak about a month and a half before but this didn't really do a whole lot except piss me off.

haha just your regular name brand ALL 2x ULTRA. turned em inside out and threw them in there by themselves. regular cotton/sturdy cycle-warm water(not hot)-and low water. hang dry. i should mention that i did a hot soak about a month and a half before but this didn't really do a whole lot except piss me off.

well i feel like i got nothing to lose with this pair so i'm gonna go for it. if anything, maybe i can tweak the fit better so i'll wear em more often

well i feel like i got nothing to lose with this pair so i'm gonna go for it. if anything, maybe i can tweak the fit better so i'll wear em more often

Soak them in really hot water with a good portion of Sea Salt. I would try that before washing them.