Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

• 3 weeks later...

For someone that doesn't read Japanese, my Japanese magazine collection is getting ridiculous.

For those that weren't already aware, you can actually order magazines directly from Amazon.co.jp, and they have English checkout pages. You pay the price of the magazine, +300 yen per magazine (per item postage charges), +3000 yen postage for the whole order (this will vary with location, I'm in Aus).

Still pretty expensive compared to domestic purchases, but definitely cheaper than proxies. If you order a bunch at once it is still cheaper than buying at your local Kinokuniya etc. and the selection is better.

Is there an issue about canvas/leather bags?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%88%A5%E5%86%8ALighthing-BOOK-%E3%82%A8%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A0%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-2036-%E5%88%A5%E5%86%8ALightning/dp/4777917371/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298429118&sr=1-1

I vaguely recall seeing another "bag book" with a different cover? I'm pretty sure there are two different issues.

edit: This issue is available from the all the usual UK/US suspects. Although, as I've mentioned in this thread previously, ordering direct from Amazon JP is easy (Eng checkout available) and cheaper than even Kinokuniya if you buy >3-4 mags at once.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be putting up a pretty substantial collection of Lightning and Free and Easy issues on the supermarket soon, so PM me if anyone's interested. I have a bunch of the old Lightning denim encyclopedias as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not Lightning but...

I just found this German magazine while I waited for my next train. It's called 'the Heritage post' and will be released 4 times a year.

Of course it't nothing new...but in German :P

It features Denim, Boots, Leather, Lifestyle (furniture, watches, cooking), etc.

P1040053.jpg

P1040054.jpg

P1040055.jpg

P1040056.jpg

P1040057.jpg

P1040058.jpg

P1040059.jpg

I see Lightning at Lawson sometimes and tend to pick it up, but I've never seen a Daytona BROS issue before. They'd probably have that at a real bookstore or something.

The Japanese is actually pretty easy to read for the most part, if anyone wants a rundown on an article or two I'd be happy to help.

That Kuniyoshi fellow up there likes how T-shirts evolve and age similar to jeans; he talks about how some of those shirts have weak printing processes that lend themselves to interesting evo.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...