australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

^ shouldn't be a problem... I usually did a lot of running and swimming. This summer I started hitting the gym for 2-3 times a week and without changing too much of my eating routine I gained muscles in no time. 4-5kg in 2 months or sth. like that... I get lots of compliments on the look but all of my jeans do hardly fit now even though I am still slim :-\

any ideas for slim chinos now that its warmer? i saw some cheap monday ones that looked alright, but didn't have my size (30) and they aren't getting anymore in. willing to spend up to $180ish, although ideally $160 or less.

Mr Simple chinos great local brand from melbourne.You can grab them from the Lab store on Brunswick street. Otherwise Carhartt Sid pants are a great fit. Neuw and Dr Denim are dope too.

+1 to Carhartt Sid. They're $190, though.

I usually wear 32 in everything, but I had to size down to 30. Waist is okay, but the leg looked funny on me in every other size.

Velour Adan chinos are nice, my favourite pants. 96% cotton, 4% elastane - but they're pretty substantial, not really a summer weight chino. $200 retail here.

Malmo also makes a $99 chino. They're okay and lightweight, but it's made of some kind of sueded cotton, gets dirty easily.

FAT 4

Fitzroy

209 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, ViC 3065

T: (03) 9486 0555

FAT 4

Prahran

272 Chapel St, Prahran, VIC, 3181

T: (03) 9510 2311

FAT 4

Melbourne

Shop 3/ 350 Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC, 3000

T: (03) 9662 3332

FAT 4

Chadstone

Shp407/ 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone, VIC, 3148

T: (03) 9569 5200

DAVID JONES

310 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000

T: (03) 9643 2222

PLANE CLOTHES

143 Chapel Street, Windsor, VIC, 3181

T: (03) 9521 3307

ROYAL ORDER OF NOTHING

165 Swan Street, Richmond, VIC, 3121

T: (03) 9421 0856

THE MEADOW

79 View Street, Bendigo, VIC, 3550

T: (03) 5443 8400

src

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help with dyeing some garments. Any recommendations on good dyeing services in Melbourne? I have a white cotton taped seam ccp coat (unlined) that I would like to dye into darker color. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Kind regards

Ben

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help with dyeing some garments. Any recommendations on good dyeing services in Melbourne? I have a white cotton taped seam ccp coat (unlined) that I would like to dye into darker color. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

try giving these guys a call: http://kraftkolour.com.au/

I'm sure they'll be able to help you out or refer you to someone who can.

also for those interested Andrew McDonald now has an online store.

^ thanks for the heads up! Dipped sneaks do indeed look awesome. I didn't look through all of the pictures because for some reason the LIFT homepage is painfully slow for me when it comes to loading pictures. Maybe SZ is flooding the server with requests. I predict a server downtime due to massive overload and this time, not wikileaks is to blame. SZ is the new 4chan.

thanks sam, for the recommendation,

and thanks adam, for the lift post.

quite glad that lift took really nice photo,

there's also a titanium guard at the white dipped sneaks.

i agree, the long blazer is quite something, it's between the length of coat and classic blazer. very - "all-occasion"

personally, the reflective fabrics are one of highlight in the collection..

ccp23.jpg

The start-stop seams are really cool. I was a little skeptical at first, but think otherwise now.

the patterning behind the dead end seam garments is uncanny, to simplify graphically :

deadendt.jpg

i assume traditionally, one would create patterns of garments in two, three, or +++ pieces in patterns, i guess ultimately fabric can be used economically, time efficient, anatomically more conforming, easily re-produced.

ccp, his one piece / dead end concept, fabrics are spontaneously connected without being cut into two pieces or more, (at least this is what i saw in the showroom and the main idea is as such) this result complex patterning in a garment and extreme wastage of fabrics.

As for the refective materials, I think they are a little gimicky for me.

i personally have not seen the garment in the dark, in day time they are somewhat metallic, it is very interesting when the garment moves/you move, you see lights moving within the fabric.

yes, in fashion the parameter of gimmicky is always subjective. there's numerous garment in the collection, i appreciate but i will not wear.

Reflective material isn't really noticeable without a flash. I use to have an undercover tee that had a 3M print of their bear design, looks like a slightly metallic gunmetal grey in normal light. On my iPhone right now, I can post some pics with and without flash later when I get home if I still have them in my photobucket if you guys want.