australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

My turn to ask questions. Anyone know a place that they'd be confident in to get their denim repaired? Somewhere that knows what they are doing.

Lonsdale Clothing Alterations (161 Lonsdale st) are my go to place, have had rips, crutch blow outs etc repaired there each time and always been pleased. I think the Nudie store sends everything they need repaired to them too.

About to get some denim tapered too, confident they'll do a good job.

My turn to ask questions. Anyone know a place that they'd be confident in to get their denim repaired? Somewhere that knows what they are doing.

repair as in? mending the rips?

i usually send my stuff to Dr. Do-All, located at the emirates house at 257 Collins Street.

ph. 03 9663 8888.

Jenny is great, she's kind of expensive but she does incredible job on mending rips, alot of tailors and other higher end retails send their stuff to her... but i suggest go to her if the garments are already cost a fortune.

Lonsdale Clothing Alterations (161 Lonsdale st) are my go to place, have had rips, crutch blow outs etc repaired there each time and always been pleased.
repair as in? mending the rips?

i usually send my stuff to Dr. Do-All, located at the emirates house at 257 Collins Street.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm mainly looking at repairing crotch blows and to stitch up some loose threads on a couple of pairs of my denim.

Fenrost, how expensive is expensive? I don't mind spending a little bit as I know a good doctor can really extend the life of denim, I figure it's easier than going out to source appropriate threading and needles to attempt to do it myself.

depends, the complexity of the fabric (thickness, weave pattern etc) and the size of the rips, for denims i think it should be relatively cheaper.

if i recall correctly - a 20cents size rip, i spend around $50 (on a sheer wool knit). i also had her re-inforce a few buttons on some of my shirts, also around 30-40+

that being said, it will be great if you can visit her personally for a precise quote she will explain to you how the invis-mending is done (which is really interesting)

I reminded him today... said he'll get onto it. will ask him again tomorrow!

man whats with shipments atm - been waiting for an EMS shipment for more than 7 days now... no updates on tracking number since the 13th.

TNT isnt doing so well either - half of sftm aw11 samples are stuck in france coz of the snow T_T

forgot to mention, if the damage is severe and the denim is over dyed, or waxed/coated, then i imagine it might be a little tricky.

anyway, let us know the outcome.

Yeh, I do a lot of riding in my skulls so I plan to get it repaired once I begin to see signs. Will let you know how it goes.

man whats with shipments atm - been waiting for an EMS shipment for more than 7 days now... no updates on tracking number since the 13th.

Same here... My LUC cardigan is stuck somewhere over the sea or sth. No update since the 15th (left NYC) and doesn't appear at German tracking either... Snow, christmas etc. As long as it's arriving some day I am fine.

finally received my rubber band boots - definitely need to get them stretched out :( killed my foot after putting them on for 2 mins lol. I hope the cobbler is able to do it coz I absolutely love them. The colour is perfect.

@ rob - are you able to help me identify the colour code for the grey ccp sneaks you posted a while back?

sneakercolour.jpg

Thanks for that Rob but unfortunately I think you're right - '08' isn't listed under the new groil colour selection... please see below:

roomsptc1.jpg

I can only select from the above... any thoughts?

@Adam - ah man I wrote down the style number the other day! completely forgot to text it to you. will have a look for it now - otherwise I'll get it tomorrow. Did you try it on? The navy owns imo

yeah the XS, S and M were all sold in the first 3 days. Craziness. There will be no deliveries til March btw... thats when julius, mihara, bbs etc are coming in as well.

@ Rob - will keep an eye out for your PM, thanks so much for your help man, as always. I need to get back to them by tomorrow the latest :o