australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

My net has been down for a over a week because some noob signed up to a service provider with the wrong house number and used my house number instead. So lame.

Adam regarding the Boris buy at Dilettante. The men's store isn't that big so I suppose the buy for the store size was fairly decent. They picked up quite a lot of jackets, a few leathers, signature pants and some shoes. Went in quite awhile ago so I can't remember that clearly. Piece that I liked was a reverse leather jacket with the inner mouth guard that can be shown or hidden. Very cool piece with some very slim arms and nice collar. But overall, not that comfortable and fairly difficult zipper to work with. I would link some images of the items they have but I'm extremely short on time...seems like their online site isn't updated either..

Anyway I'm off to the airport now to the land of the rising sun so I won't be around to help any dudes out for Perth related things for awhile. So you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

What's the best way to get this started? Like wordlress, this needs domain and host registration right?

yeah, web hosting with the prerequisites (php, mysql) + domain name.

Anyway I'm off to the airport now to the land of the rising sun so I won't be around to help any dudes out for Perth related things for awhile. So you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

have fun dude. would love to hear some rundown @ lift! :cool:

haha, p, this thread is quite a sitcom..

i just like the idea of a concealed group/community based on the principles of egalitarian (tim berners-lee would approve haha.), no mods but run as a collective, creatively too. i feel many of us here are heterogeneous to make it interesting, and matured enough to compromise the differences, thus, the idea.

But for people to respect the wishes of Poell, and to see the collection in person then we will never see pictures of the collection. Stores like Lift et al will not be able to blog about the collection... and people who don't live anywhere near a stockist will be up the proverbial creek.

If Poell had a real problem with it then why not speak to these stockists and tell them not to post images at all? I think it is just a stock standard attempt at hype mongering.

The sad truth of the matter is that only his true followers will abide by these wishes. The stores/websites/people he is trying to limit are the ones who are going to break the rules anyway.

And Merz/Christian had the best point of all - there is no imbargo on words.

however, they did not say we cant talk about them.

And I only know one Australian SuFu member who was lucky enough to see the collection in person...

PM me with you thoughts. I know you have spoken briefly on the direction and themes of the collection, particularly those which are further explored from the previous season but I would like to know more garment specific stuff.

I think it makes a lot of sense. this thread can remain for discussions of the shopping and other things in melbourne, but all our other talk could go to somewhere more dedicated.

I was actually talking with Sam about how it would be good to set up a basis for creative and professional collaboration between the posters here, and this could be a good way to start it.

110% agree we should try and push something like this... and I can't believe the thread is nearly at 500k views, kinda mind-blowing. I understand people are heavily into this shit but surely the ~10 active posters don't refresh this page THAT many times hah.

Also RE CCP 10 it seems like more people have access to the pics than first thought. But, It's actually crazy that his request for 'secrecy' has (basically, sans shelter) been granted this long. Goes to show the respect/trust/power(?) he has over these people, not only would most fashion designers never want this to be the case anyway, if they did, people would probably ignore them anyway. Maybe poell needs to watch this.

a label that will put the store into the map, that's for sure.

mmm.. kinda funny how poell are unintentionally making ppl insanely paranoid and obsessed with him. (the pain and agony, oh poell what you have done to people.)

but really, ppl should be talking about what's available and existed like self same 09 collection or prior, there's so much depth in the past that define 2010.. instead ppl are demanding to know the future, which is always uncertain, things that stores that have yet to even receive, and they aint just gonna stop producing, but unfortunately.......

ha