australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

^ what's the actual problem?

Personally - to be honest - I really like the idea and concept, more than the actual fit. Your sketches look pretty cool but IMO the crotch is too low and not really falling properly.

But ... well dont take this critisism too personal, I absolutely envy your skills! Would love to do things like that on my own...

Julius pants probably arriving tomorrow... eagerly awaiting em. Hope they fit...

Well guys, I am out.... job is tough and 10.000m olympia running in TV :>

^ Haha, no offense taken. Thanks for the criticism, which you're absolutely right. The problem I had was altering the bottom of the crotch to make it drape nicely. It's really hard to explain without the detail shots, but it's the fit in certain areas that I couldn't fix and the lack of skill to make proper flys/pockets. No need to envy my skills...this is the first garment I made and I'm sure anyone here with a sewing machine can make this too haha! But I guess the low-ness of the crotch is personal preference...:P

has anyone here transferred univerisities interstate? i'm looking at moving to melbourne in december but the little information i can find seems to result in a huge headache. i'm a first year psychological science student at the university of adelaide if it helps.

if youre doing psych id suggest looking into either deakin or monash here in melbourne (im doing a bachelor of psychology with honours at monash atm)

melbourne university uses a new model for their undergrads and majors etc., so it might be a bit more hassle to get that sorted out

and yeah, definitely hit up your course advisors, theyll give you all the information you need regarding transferring credits

Just booked another trip to melbs. I'll be down from the 18th to 23rd of August. Drinks anyone?

Also, I need some more restaurant reccs. You know, classy ones to take the gf.

edit: who has tried Movida Aqui? I went to Movida last time I was down, so thought I would try out Aqui this time. What's it like?

^nice.. im heading down next week but only get to stay for a night

check out rumi and let me know, tried booking last time and there was no room

saw bigman preston eating there on tv a while back and food looked top notch and well priced

no website either but heres some reviews

http://www.broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/food-and-drink/directory/restaurant/rumi

http://www.theage.com.au/news/restaurant-reviews/rumi/2007/03/26/1174761335529.html

Just got into Melbourne Yesterday night. What to do? I have been to the Tim Burton exhibition and that was great, and also managed to score an iPhone 4 after waiting in a 10 minute queue.

Hitting up Movida tonight or tomorrow.

Melbourne is sweet :)

I am down for a drink for sure, we should have a melbourne superfuture night or something of the sort.....

i also heard on the grape vine that when PAM (perks and mini) opens their second store in the city, estimated to be in october, they will be stocking some really high end japanese designers, including visvim.

Just got back my tailored drop crotch pants ... not 100% satisfied, not as slim as I wanted them to be. Sucks. Maybe miscommunication between the tailor and me.

Plus, I got my eagerly awaited julius pants... They're awesome! But still considering. I've gotten too fucking fat (at least my thighs, thanks to the gym!). Will probably put them up FS / FT on the weekend...

(edit: it's a sz.2 fitting a true 46 if anybody is interested)

That iteration fit smaller than typical Julius Sz.2.... The pants I tried before I needed a Sz.1... Just refer to measurements.

E.g. mine were 41cm waist --> I knew they would fit me fine. But as mentioned, they're pretty slim in the thigh. I think a 'typical' Sz.2 in Julius fits more like 32"-33" waist. And not as slim.